Dr. Michael Wilson MD Patient Reviews

3.4

February 27th, 2012
Reason for concern
My experience with this doctor, specifically, his lack of interpersonal skills, was frankly disturbing. No, my doctor does not have to be my "bff," but at minimum, he/she should inspire confidence, not fear and distrust.

July 26th, 2011
Find another surgeon
Waited nearly 3 hours for the appointment I made 2 months in advance. He strode into the exam room and in less than 5 minutes said "End Stage Ankle...fusion is your only option" and walked out of the exam room leaving me in tears with his orthopedic fellow who appeared stunned and could only offer me reassurance and a prescription for motrin. I would not recommend him to anyone.

July 21st, 2011
Excellent!
Went to him for a second opinion and he and his physician asst were both great. They listened, explained, and didn't talk down to me. (In contrast to my first ortho.) I felt very comfortable and confident in his opinion; loved him!

June 11th, 2011
Very good at orthopedic surgery, but was not gentle or sensitive in bedside manner. Focus was surgery only and couldn't care less about follow ups. Did not feel like he cared about my recovery as a patient.

April 5th, 2011
excellent surgeon not much personality,but i would recommend him to everyone i no who needs foot surgery.did a wonderful job on my foot

January 19th, 2010
Do not go to this person
I felt he was insensitive to my problem. Told me that if I was a race horse I ought to be shot. I saw and spoke more to his fellow than himself. I felt that he was such a big shot that my problems were minuscule to him in a way that he didn't even have to bother to have a normal courteous conversation. I spent enough years in medicine myself to be ticked off by that kind of cocky behavior. I would not recommend anyone, unless you cannot walk and take care of yourself, go to this doctor.

May 9th, 2009
Cautious and confident in his approach to treatment. Very good in follow up and tracking healing process.