A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gelfand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gelfand is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Gelfand, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Organ Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelfand graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Gelfand has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
- Nea Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gelfand accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield - 30 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 6 plans
- Cigna - 17 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans