A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gelfand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gelfand is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Gelfand, MD, FACP is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Organ Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelfand graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Gelfand has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
- Nea Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gelfand accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield - 30 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Gelfand practice?
Dr. Michael Gelfand practices Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Adolescent Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, and Pediatric Radiology near Memphis, TN.
See Memphis Internists, Memphis Infectious Disease Doctors, Memphis Adolescent Specialists, and Memphis Pediatric Specialists.