Dr. Michael Gen MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

December 2nd, 2015
Very impressed with Dr. gen

September 23rd, 2015
I went Dr. Gen 3 times in 2 weeks complaining of chest pain. When I went to he Er and he saw me in the hospital he told me I did not need ot be there and he was sending me home. When I told him he had to get a surgeon to see me he said he would bring me to the cardiac cath lab at 4:30 that afternoon. (9 hours later). When he took me to the cath lab he was shocked to find my LAD was 99% occluded and told my husband I almost died on the table. I would not see him again even though he did save my life. He did not listen to me and did not believe I was really haivng a problem. I had had another heart attack a year earlier. I was a 52 year old RN with my first heart attack and a 53 year old with my second heart attack. I had no risk factors for heart problems except bad genetics.

May 8th, 2015
I had to wait for over 2 hrs. to see him personally as didn't want to see his PA again.

December 20th, 2014
great doc
Met Dr. Gen when he cared for my husband in the hospital when he was having a scare. I started seeing him for chest pain. His office is VERY big, but very competent and they have things ready to go. I've seen a lot of doctors and he's a keeper.

April 5th, 2014
Mr
I have been going to Dr. Gen for 6/7 yrs. Too this day I do not know why I was sent to him. My family Doctor said I had high blood pressure and prescribed medication and sent me to Dr. Gen.. I go every year for a stress test, nuclear heart scan, and a ultra sound. In the years I have been going to Dr. Gen...I have seen HIM exactly ONE TIME! My medication has never changed in the years I have been taking it. Follow up is not done by Dr. Gen...its always a resident. I am a lay person and too this day I do not understand what, if anything, is wrong with my heart.

May 21st, 2012
Caring
I was with another Doctor, whom I didn't care for very much and was referred to Dr Gen by my primary. I LOVE him! He is very thorough, explains everything and listens. Rare things in a doctor today. I would know this since I am a nurse. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a good doctor.

November 4th, 2011
Excellent and thorough cardiologist.
Dr. Gen is thorough and reviews everything in detail. Unlike any other doctors I have been to he explains everything carefully and spends time answeri ...

April 28th, 2011
Dee Dee
I was very impressed with the entire office staff. Dr. Gen is very nice and I would highly recomend him to anyone in need of a Cardiologist. He asked questions and his exam was 100%

March 28th, 2011
Excellent Doctor, Great Experience
I reviewed multiple website looking for a cardiologist in Fresno having been to another cardiologist in the area. My experience with Dr. Gen was excellent. The initial visit was extremely thorough and most importantly he explained the diagnosis and we discussed the plan for testing and treatment. I understood everything he explained and felt very relaxed with him taking care of my heart problems. On my third visit I was seen by a PA who knew my case very well and was extremely professional. I saw Dr. Gen on my last visit. Although I was concerned about the waiting times when seeing the large waiting room, I waited no more that 5-10 minutes for each visit and everything worked smoothly with the office. Highly recommend Dr. Gen to anyone.

January 26th, 2011
Office is very busy. I was called from wating room in about 15 min but waited in back for 45 min. Doctor is quite competent, but was very rushed in dealing with me. Only saw PA on second visit post-angiogram. Have trying for two weeks to get me records: MD hasn't dictated the echocardiogram a month after test was done.

April 14th, 2010
Saved My Life
Extremely knowlegeable. He saved my life finding my blocked arteries and fixing them after other cardiologist simply had me undergo tests and send me ...

April 14th, 2010
great doctor
great experience. took time to explained my problem. Listened to me and minimized my medications.