Gastroenterologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Extremely competent and caring physician.  |  show details
by Marc Bobroff on Dec 22nd, 2014

Very approachable physician, caring attitude, makes you feel comfortable in his presence. Interacts with you on a level devoid of a behavioral presentation of intellectual superiority as is common with many individuals who hold doctorates. A gentleman and consumate professional in every sense of the word. Recommend to anyone who needs a accurate diagnosis and a competent examination.

|  Dr. Michael Gerdis  |  show details
by Sue Stanley on Dec 19th, 2014

Best doctor ever!

|  Medical Records -WARNING!!!  |  show details
by Madeline Zorrilla on May 9th, 2014

Loved the Dr. Gerdis, Have not seen him since 2003 becasue i moved. Try to obtain my medical records and the medical records person Teresa Wong has no idea where my records are becasue in 2007 they changed the system they use to use. so i guess my records were trashed. She gave me Mt. Sinai's & Beth Israe's medical records number even though i have never been admitted to either one of those hospitals and of course they do not have my records because they do not have records of you unless you have been admitted there. I then called Teresa Wong and she had nothing new to say, i called the Hartsdale office again and they see my name in the system but no records and no idea where they are....to say the least i am very disturbed!

|  One of the best anywhere  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2014

Dr. Gerdis has been my doctor for 14 years. He is, without doubt, one of the most compassionate, intuitive and caring doctors I've ever met. He has seen me through all sorts of illnesses -- some serious -- and his steadfast, intelligent manner has never wavered. No matter what, he calls you back almost immediately. Sometimes within the hour which is unheard of. He is a great diagnostician. Years ago I had a very troubling eye condition and he sent me to another doctor who sent me to someone else. No one could figure out what was wrong. I was terrified and he called me every night to see how I was doing until the condition was corrected. We could afford to go to a pricier NYC or Greenwich doctor in private practice but I value his expertise and humanity to go to anyone else.

|  the very best!  |  show details
by roger munson on Oct 12th, 2013

Dr. Gerdis is dr. Zackman's partner. They make a very good team. They have been great for my family and me.

|  Satisfied Patient  |  show details
by Mandip Singh on Aug 26th, 2013

He is such a great Doctor. Now and days Doctors do not care like they use to but this Doctor is REALLLY good. he calls you back within minutes and he does not give up in finding your health issue. He really works with you and really is a passionate Doctor. I recommend him to everyone.

|  I WOULDN'T TRADE HIM FOR NOTHING!!!  |  show details
May 24th, 2013

IN THE WORDS OF THE RUG RATS... HE'S THE "BESTEST"

|  Nice dr but definitely not for me!  |  show details
by Anonymous on May 1st, 2013

Dr Gerdis is a very nice dr, but I would have to say the last few visits was awful for me. The first time I have visited this dr I thought WOW what a great dr, finally I can findout whats going on with me....well lately all he does is ignore how I am feeling and when I explain my symptoms all he does is tell me I need medication like xanax for my anxiety, or depression meds because he thinks I am depressed. He has prescribed me medication for all the wrong symptoms I am definitely not depressed, I do have anxiety after going back and forth to this dr explaining my symptoms and he is doing nothing for them. I have not felt like myself in over a year and he constantly makes me think I am crazy. I will not be using this dr any longer, I need a dr who will take my symptoms serious and help treat them instead of calling me crazy.

|  My "B" doctor for more than 15 years...  |  show details
by Mark Terminello on Apr 28th, 2013

Dr. Gerdis has an excellent, caring, soft bedside manner who cares a lot about his patients. I will be forever gratefull to him for his quick diagnosis and immediate referral for very painfull preianal ancess condition which i had taken care of on two different occasions--quickly and succesfully.He does not force procerdures upon you but usually gives on tine to feel 'comfortable' with it first-- up to a certain extent.

|  Robert L. Compasso  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Gerdis is the most caring and professionl doctors I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I have NEVER felt more comfortable with a doctor as I feel with Dr. Gerdis.Thank you for being who you are.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

Dr Gerdis helped me with a very difficult time in my life. He did every conceivable stomach test and finally determined I was suffering from stress! I totally recommend him as he is professional, thorough and a great guy.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr Gerdis is the best doctor I have ever used. His bedside manner is beyond excellent. I have been seeing Dr Gerdis for about 5 years for several different problems and he has always helped me.

|  Easy in-easy out  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

Dr. Gerdis is an effective diagnostician, has a great bedside manner and takes walk-in patients in a well-managed clinic.

|  Brilliant doctor who exceeds expectations in every way!  |  show details
by longtime patient on Sep 2nd, 2011

Dr Gerdis is the quintessential professional. He has been my doctor for more than 8 years. Besides that his diagnoses are always accurate, he genuinely cares and goes the extra mile to ensure that his patients have the best options. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  show details
by terry sheehan on Jun 25th, 2009

Great doctor. Friendly, communicative, easy to talk to and highly trained and professional. What more can you ask for?

|  Warm, Caring, Kind INterestes  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2008

What a pleasant surpirse to find such a caring all around interested doctor.