A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gerling:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gerling, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Osteophytosis (Spondylosis)
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gerling graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Gerling has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- Lutheran Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gerling accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael C. Gerling practice?
Dr. Michael Gerling practices Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine, and Orthopaedic Trauma near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Brooklyn Neurological Surgeons and Brooklyn Surgeons.