Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Gerstenfeld
Dr. Michael Gerstenfeld, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danbury, CT. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Gerstenfeld is affiliated with Danbury Hospital. Dr. Gerstenfeld has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Gerstenfeld has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs...
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain....
Dr. Michael Gerstenfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danbury, CT.
Dr. Nadja Pedersen
Internal Medicine, Residency
Danbury, CT 0.73 mi
Dr. Frederick Lohse
Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine
Danbury, CT 0.85 mi34
Dr. Robert Kloss
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
Danbury, CT 1.04 mi41