A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gitlin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gitlin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Gitlin, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Gitlin graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Gitlin has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gitlin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Gitlin practice?
Dr. Michael Gitlin practices Psychiatry near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Psychiatrists.