Michael A Gleiber, MD
Orthopaedic Surgery and Neurosurgery of the Spine

670 Glades Rd Ste 300
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561) 972-6464
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.9677419354839 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Back to Norma  |  show details
by Adam B on Jun 26th, 2014

I was in such a terrible car accident that the jaws of life had to be used to get me out of the car. An this would be scary for anybody but a guy with a 6'8 frame it truly was. After extensive MRI's ( 9 to be exact) Dr Gleiber was highly recommended as a doctor that might b able to improve my quality of life which was absolutely zero when I walked into his office for the first time. The front staff was very courteous and attentive to my needs and his accomplishments and education are visible for you to see in this very clean and comfortable office waiting room, An later the rooms I was in. Now understand prior to this surgery I had only had one other type of surgery my whole life so I had no idea what to expect. I walked in and sat down and the doctor completed educated me on every aspect of my care. He takes the time to answer every single question that I could think of. He made sure that when I walked out of his office, I knew exactly what he was going to do with my procedure from start to finish. An he was very thorough with everything that needed to be done prior to surgery and everything that followed. When I walked into his office I could not move my neck in either direction, I had severe pain running the entire left side of my body, As well as no feeling below the knee. When i walked out of his office yesterday 37 days after my surgery, I was able to move my head to the left and to the right without any discomfort, the pain I felt in my upper extremities is just soreness an most important the numbness and tingling I felt in my lower part of my leg has been cut in half. An thru on going personal rehabilitation t will be able alleviate even more as I continue to recover. I never thought thatI would ever feel the way I do today when i walked into his office for the first time. Perhaps in the further I may need additional surgeries to fix the lower part of my back and if this is the case Dr Gleiber is definitely the doctor that i will choose. He gave me the confidence that my quality of life would improve. An it has 100 percent. He is thorough from start to finish. He will b the doctor I recommend when anyone I know asks about a spinal surgeon. I just want to say thanks again for giving my my quality of life back I really appreciate it and for the care that you show every time I have come to see you.

|  Magician/Surgeon  |  show details
by Beatrice Marks on Mar 25th, 2014

First in choosing a surgeon are their credentials. Dr. Gleiber's are tops. He is also considered in the top 10 spinal surgeons in FL, and the top 50 in the U.S. The first time I met Dr. Gleiber, he went over a previous MRI, x-rays, and did a physical exam. I believe I was there almost two hours. He carefully explained my condition and said surgery would eliminate my leg pain, and correct issues in my spine. I was then unable to stand without extreme pain. I used a chair on wheels to get around the house. Living alone, I had no quality of life. Yet I was still skeptical of surgery. Dr. Gleiber's explanation of what to expect after the surgery convinced me to have an operation. He suggested I could have another opinion, and didn't rush me to decide, but to go home and think about it. He had such confidence, it transferred to me. I had previously seen another doctor who recommended fusion. In my particular case, Dr. Gleiber said it wasn't necessary, and would increase recovery time. He went over pro's and con's giving his recommendations. Within a few hours after surgery Dr. Gleiber came to my hospital room to say, "Let's go for a walk." For the first time in months, I didn't have any leg pain. With tears of joy, I called him a magician. He followed me carefully at the hospital, rehab, and home. The doctors & nurses all remarked about how dedicated he was to his patients. Due to non related physical problems, my dates for surgery had to be rescheduled many times. This had to be inconvenient for him, but to his credit he wouldn't proceed with his surgery, until all was as good as it could be. Other surgeons would have proceeded, as my other doctors felt he could. If you need to get a diagnosis for cervical or lumbar problems, go to the best, Dr. Gleiber. If he feels other means could help you rather than surgery, he will suggest them. Along with surgery, he utilizes PT, pain management, and meds. His nurse, Mia, compliments his office. She is so efficient, knowledgeable, and helpful during office exams, and making sure all questions are answered. Dr. Gleiber is young, yet has accomplished so much. I believe his name for a spinal surgeon will be a household name with referring doctors and his patients for referrals. He has helped me through two surgeries. I hope I don't require further surgeries, however, he will always be a special person in my life to admire, respect his brilliance in surgery, and be grateful to for relieving my pain.

|  Neck Fusion Surgery  |  show details
by Diana B on Jan 2nd, 2014

Dr. Michael Gleiber did a fusion on my neck. I had two previous surgeries from two other doctors with not much success, since I still had a pinched nerve and a big problem swallowing. Dr. Gleiber removed the metal and screws from my neck placed in 1997, that had come lose from my vertebrae choking me, making it very hard to swallow and caused a lot of pain and did a bone fusion. While I was in the hospital Dr. Gleiber came several times a day, and called to make sure I was okay. Also he checked with the nurses on every shift making sure all orders were being followed. He also did very successful surgery on my husbands low back that no other doctor could fix! I would highly recommend anyone with spine trouble to see Dr. Gleiber. I have had 10 different surgeries and have never had such a caring great knowledgeable doctor.

|  Extreme pain with two pinched nerves to NO PAIN  |  show details
by Tammie, Hobe Sound, FL on Jul 31st, 2013

Dr. Gleiber is kind and compassionate. He goes beyond expectations. He promised me that my intense pain would be gone when I awoke from surgery. He was right! He called me personally during my hospital stay. He has followed my after surgery recovery with interest and concern. Yes, he is expensive, but he is worth every cent. I have my life back!!! I highly recommend Dr. Gleiber. He is a 10 out of 10 in my book!! I will keep in touch with Dr. Gleiber for good spine health for the rest of my life. He is wonderful!!!!

|  Dr. Michael Gleiber is exactly what I hoped and prayed for - the best spine doc!  |  show details
by SnowBird on Jun 29th, 2013

I wanted to see for myself what all the "buzz" was about regarding this spine surgeon in Florida. I heard about him from another spine surgeon in the north east where I also live. He said if he didn't do the operation, he would recommend Doc Gleiber and only him. I called his office and was met with a very warm, nice voice on the other end, Mia. She explained that Dr. Gleiber didn't accept my insurance and that she would check to see if I would be able to go "out of my network." Mia, checked and got back to me within 2 hours. She explained that I had to pay upfront and she would personally "send the paperwork to my insurance and they would reimburse me." It was not cheap to see him, and I hesitated! But eventually called back to schedule. She asked me to fax my mri report to her so Dr. Gleiber could look at it for the appointment. Here's the amazing part: I got a call back that night from Dr. Gleiber personally! I have been going to the same doctor for 20 years and getting him to speak with me is nearly impossible. Doc G called me back and I was not even a patient. He was so professional and comforting that I was taken back. We talked for almost an hour! He told me that while the mri report was helpful, he needed to see the real mri and examine me. I went to see him and was amazed at how humble this distinguished man was. He introduced himself by his first name! We spent well over an hour together and he told me what was wrong, that he agreed I needed surgery and how he would do it minimal invasive. He wasn't pushy and told me to "think about what we talked about" and call him with any question. I found out what the operation would cost and it was very expensive!, but he seemed so confident he could help me that I decided this was an investment in my health and more important than anything else. It was the best decision! I had surgery and was amazed by not only how good I felt but at the care he gave me after. That was a big concern beforehand. I was worried he wouldn't be as available as he said. Now I know what a real concierge MD office is and should be!!!! He was worth every penny and this is my spine I'm talking about. He has a way about him that most people don't in medicine. My pain is still gone completely and I now have referred him to friends of mine. I have a doctor for life! My advice is: if you need an operation for your neck and spinal cord, see him. It is worth the money and you will be amazed at how different he is compared to other MDs.

|  Back From China - An Update after Spine Surgery with Dr. Gleiber  |  show details
by Charlie and Ying B. on May 17th, 2013

Dr. Gleiber, My wife and I would like to thank you for what you have done for me. Everything you said you would do with my back problem was done. You fixed my problem and I was able to climb the steps at the Great wall of China. Those steps are about 18 inches steep. I had absolutely NO problem on my trip and I want you to know that the wife and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You are a great Doctor and I am sure a great person. We wish you the best. God Bless you Dr. Michael Gleiber, Charlie and Ying B.

by Teresa Wright on Apr 10th, 2013

Dr.Gleiber is amazing!! I had back pain for several years and as of April 27,2012 he has made a wonderful change in my life. He is very educated and has amazing bedside manners. Dr. Gleiber and his staff are very courteous and prompt on there service. I can not express my experience and my feelings for Dr. Gleiber.

Apr 6th, 2013

That photo does not do you justice!!!!!!!!!

|  If you need spine surgery - this is your Doctor!  |  show details
by Tracy Maynier on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Gleiber is AWESOME. In this new world of medicine where you are hustled in and out and given very little attention or care or questions answered, my experience with Dr. Gleiber could not have been more different. He took an inordinate amount of time to explain what he was seeing in the MRI/x-rays, conduct an independent exam, explain what was happening and what options I had available to me. He demanded meticulous attention to detail from all the medical professionals who needed to be involved - and this is reassuring when the surgery site is adjacent to the spinal column. Not only does he instill confidence in his skills but he demonstrates empathy and care through regular/frequent communication before and after surgery. I cannot say enough about his Great Doctor!

|  Gifted Surgeon - Thank you Dr. Gleiber!  |  show details
by Mary H. on Apr 1st, 2013

Dr. Michael Gleiber was a God send. Dr. Gleiber reviewed my various MRIs, CT-Scans, X-rays and in layman's terms explained to me what he saw and clearly outlined my options. As I am not a pill pusher, was in reasonable good health and wanted the full use of my lower extremities, I opted for surgery and am glad I did. Before Dr. Gleiber even lifted a scalpel, he had earned my total confidence. Dr. Gleiber is very serious about his work, yet he exhibits such a warm and caring bedside manner. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Gleiber to anyone seeking an expert in spine surgery.

|  Retired Bell South Telephone  |  show details
by Charlie Brower on Mar 31st, 2013

Michael Gleiber MD is absolutely the the best doctor I have ever had. He told me what was wrong with my back and also showed me on my MRI pictures. He explained every detail and told me that he could fix the problem. He did just that; FIXED the problem! There was some pain after surgery but it did not last.I was up and walking when I came out of recovery and now 14 days later I am back to riding a road bike and flying. Everything this young man told me was exactly how it was. His office girls Mia and Anna are the best. They have a good boss. This young man truly cares about his patients. He speaks in a language that you can understand. Try him. You will not regret it. There should be more stars available to rate him.

|  Gifted Surgeon - Thank you Dr. Gleiber!  |  show details
by Mary H. on Mar 23rd, 2013

layman's terms explained to me what he saw and clearly outlined my options. As I am not a pill pusher, was in reasonable good health and wanted the full use of my lower extremities, I opted for surgery and am glad I did. Before Dr. Gleiber even lifted a scalpel, he had earned my total confidence. Dr. Gleiber is very serious about his work, yet he exhibits such a warm and caring bedside manner. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Gleiber to any one seeking an expert in spine surgery.

|  Dr. Gleiber Review  |  show details
by Wright Teresa on Mar 13th, 2013

Dr. Gleiber performed an amazing surgery on me. I was in constant back pain until April 27, 2012. Dr.Gleiber is very caring, understanding and is a expertise in the field of his work performed. His staff is very caring and helpful in and out of the office. I can't explain what a miracle he has made in my life. I can't express my feelings enough on how well he did.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Ernst on Feb 21st, 2013

After almost 2 years with pain after cervical injury, I have been referred to Dr. Michael Gleiber . That was one of the most enjoyable experience I ever had with doctors .He took his time explaining to me what my real problem is , and what he's going to do to help me . After surgery I experienced almost immediate pain relief . His staff is super . Call him , you will give yourself a chance .

|  Cartwheels!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

Yes! CartwheelsThats how I feel today after my Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery. At age 44 my condition had deteriorated to the point where my legs were numb and would collapse out from underneath me. Previous doctors had kept me medicated and told me that I would have to accept that I would have to live the rest of my life in that condition. By the time I got to Doctor Gleiber I started to cry with relief because he knew exactly what was going on with me medically and assured me that I did not have to live my life in debilitating pain. He was so knowledgeable and understanding that I knew I was finally in the right hands. I dont know how else to describe my whole experience and the way I feel today accept for I feel like doing Cartwheels!Wendy S. Logue

|  The Best Spine Surgeon Around  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

I went to 4 docs before deciding on dr Gleiber. He was caring in the office, spent an hour or more with me, his staff is fantastic. You're not a number here. After a lot of thought and talks with friends and my regular doc, they all told me he's the only one they would go to. His results, and I'm proof, are amazing, I'm back to a normal lifestyle and am pain free. When you hear from a bunch of mds that he's the one they would go to if they had spine surgery, listen to them. I am thrilled with my experience. Dr Gleiber - you're the best!

|  World CLASS!  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gleiber for more than two years. During that period of time, I have come to realize how truly fortunate to have been under the care of not only a world class surgeon, but a world class human being as well. His talents go far beyond the operating room. Dr. Gleiber's office staff is a reflection of his competence and compassion as nothing is ever a problem. You couldn't be in better or more talented hands.Joel Barkan

|  "He's the Man!"  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2012

After 20 years of chronic lower back and leg pain on both sides, I finally did it. I spent many years trying all kinds of different pain management treatments, from epidural steroid & facet injections to aquatic therapy, chiropractic treatments, stretching and back exercises, pain medications and even hanging upside down. Nothing gave me anything more than a temporary relief from the chronic daily pain I experienced. As a last attempt to find relief from the pain, I started to research my options for lower back surgery - going against all those who told me to never have someone operate on your back. I went to see two spine surgeons in Florida who came very highly recommended to me and had decided on one of them until I was so blessed to find Dr. Michael Gleiber in Jupiter, FL. One of the things I loved most about Dr. Gleiber upon meeting him was you could tell he knew he was a great surgeon and he was so confident that he would be able to help me and take away most of the pain I was experiencing. Despite all of the reservations I had prior to the surgery, I was comforted by the fact that Dr. Gleiber was confident the outcome would be positive. Well, I must say that after my surgery (L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1), its been a miracle. Im now 100% pain free and walking every day 3 miles since the surgery with no pain. I cant wait to get back on the golf course and play for the first time in many years without pain. Dr. Gleiber is more than a great surgeon who called me every morning after I got home just to see how I was doing; he possesses the ability to take away a persons chronic pain. I cant thank him enough, all I can say is Hes the Man!"

|  Cervical Spine Surgery Patient  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

I have just had cervical spine surgery with Dr. Gleiber.As you might imagine, I was very apprehessive going into my first appointment to see if I indeed needed spinal surgery. Within minutes,I began to feel comfortable with Dr. Gleiber's compassion and knowledge and I have rarely met a doctor who takes this much time to speak with his patients. He also reviewed my my MRI'S in detail with me and explained why this surgery was neccessary.After spending a 36 year career in a health profession myself, I knew I had found a doctor with exceptional qualities and skills.As the time approached for my surgery, Dr. Gleiber or one of his staff (Anna or Mia-Thank you both so much!!) were in constant contact with me to take care of all the details and to help relieve any anxiety I might be experiencing. I have had many surgeries in my life, and never have I had the doctor call me to see how I was doing and to see if I had any more questions. I have never had such wonderful treatment before, during or after surgery.On the day of surgery, Gr. Gleiber sits with you before the procedure to answer any last minute questions you may have. His presence and compassion put you right at ease and you know that you are in the best hands possible.It made a big difference.After surgery, Dr. Gleiber is there to make sure all your post-op needs are attended to and to give you the instructions needed for a full recory.As I have lived in NY all my life, I was prepared to go "back home" to have my surgery there. But after finding Dr. Gleiber through many professional recommendations, it was not necessary. In my opinion,I knew that I had found the best spinal surgeon in the country.If you need spinal surgery,or just a second opinion, I would highly recommend Dr. Gleiber. His surgical skills are second to none, and his caring, compassionate demeanor is a rare quality in today's medical field.

Jul 19th, 2012

I had an ALIF done in May 2012 and I am feeling better everyday. Before I could not even sneeze without the pain bringing me to my knees. Now when I sneeze I feel nothing. Dr. Gleiber will talk with you immediately before and directly after your surgery. He will visit and call you everyday in the hospital and then when you get home he will call you. If you call his office with concerns he will actually pick up the phone and talk to you. Great experience so far..... Thanks Dr. Gleiber!

|  Spine Surgeon Extraordinaire  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2012

I was in pain for the past two years and consulted several health professionals who offered a rather frightening description of the surgery required to repair my spine. Fortunately, I was referred to Dr. Gleiber, who was able to diagnose my spinal injury and quickly determine the exact surgery necessary. With the assistance of his kind and able staff, Mia and Anna, my surgery was scheduled within a few days before more damage occurred. Everything Dr. Gleiber told me regarding my surgery and recovery was spot-on. Within days of my surgery I no longer had terrible and debilitating pain. For the first time in two years I was able to stand straight. I have been treated by many physicians over the years, but there is no one like Dr. Gleiber. I found him caring, compassionate, clear in communication and have deep gratitude for all he has done for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Gleiber to everyone.

|  Ed McFarland  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

I can describe Dr. Glieber in a single word, "compassionate". I had a lower fusion procedure in late October 2011. As a man of 69 never having been in surgery or the hospital for that matter I was noticeably concerned. Dr. Gleiber sensed my anxiety and took considerable time explaining the procedure. He and I together felt I was ready to go forward with the surgery. The operation was successful and I am recuperating nicely. Gleiber, you the man!

|  Great Doctor-Great Surgery  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

I had C5-C6 fusion surgery due to a car accident in December of 2011. At first I was worried about the surgery but Dr. Gleiber made me feel at ease and I am presently at 8 weeks after the surgery and all is well. The surgery went well and I feel that this was the best thing I could have done. Dr. Gleiber did an excellent job and other than having to wear a neck brace for 10 weeks this was a piece of cake. Love the Doctor and would highly recommend him.

|  What else can I say that has not been said before!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

What else can I say that has not been said before by others about the heart and hands of Dr. Michael Gleiber!Take a few minutes and read the 40 or so paient comments that have been written. All the comments made, echo my seniments exactly, regarding the Dr. and the quality of care I received. I had successful L5/S1 fusion in Dec 2011, as did several others in this column. I was walking pain free the morning after surgery. If there is something I did not like about the process, it was having to ware this darn turtle shell for the past two months! Shortly, I will see the Dr. for my second post surgical visit and hope to be freed from this diabolical device. In closing, if you need spinal work, he is your man!

Jan 16th, 2012

I saw Dr. Gleiber because I had pain in my back from herniated lumbar discs and one of them was pressing on a nerve in my leg and causing weakness. Dr. Gleiber was not only able to fix the main problem with a simple spinal fusion operation, he was the ONLY doctor to look at all my x-rays, MRIs, and CAT scan over a seven month period and notice that i also had a tumor wrapped around my sacral nerve. His attention to detail and absolute insistence in putting the patient first inspires confidence like no other doctor I have ever seen. My spinal surgery went extremely well, and the follow-up visits have been as wonderful as every other aspect of my relationship as a patient of Dr. Gleiber. I cannot recommend Dr. Gleiber highly enough, if you have the nedd or opportunity to see him, you definitely SHOULD!!

|  The BEST!!!  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

Dr. Gleiber and his office staff were the BEST!!! I had 2 cervical herniations from an auto accident. After 5 months of physical therapy, I needed some relief from the pain and associated symptoms of pain, numbness, & tingling down my left arm.Dr. Gleiber was the FIRST and ONLY doctor who spent time with me discussing the severity of my injuries and showing me the actual films of my neck.One week after my first appointment, I was admitted to Good Samaritan Hospital for my anterior discectomy & cervical fusion surgery. The hospital staff was great! Dr. Gleiber was responsive and present to answer and address all of my questions & put my husband's fears at ease.I had some pain & internal swelling at 5-days post-op. Dr. Gleiber was in daily contact with me, over the weekend and beyond, to ensure I was comfortable again.I have NEVER had a doctor who was half this caring and responsive to patients!

|  Utmost professionL & caring  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

Dr.Gleiber's analysis and explanation of my problem and the procedures that were to take place were thorough and comforting.His attention and consultations at all hours in the hospital were unbelievable and appreciated.Bottomline,He did a wonderful job and I am free of PAIN!!!B

Dec 8th, 2011

Dr. Gleiber and his staff is the best.I had a triple lumbar fusion and was out of the hospital after only a 2 night stay.I have had very good treatment by him, his office, and good samatitan hospital.I have had 2 back operations in the past, so I have something to compare this one to.In my opinion if you need spine surgery,the one Dr. to see is MICHAEL GLEIBER.

|  Dr. Gleiber is the BEST!  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

Words alone cannot express what an amazing and caring surgeon Dr. Gleiber is! I had a severe herniated disc in my L5S1 of which the pain was not helped by injections, drugs or PT. Surgery seemed to be my only option in hopes of regaining a better quality of life. From my first appointment I knew I was in the best hands possible. Dr. Gleiber was very thorough and made me feel confident and at ease with my decision to have surgery. He personally kept in close contact with me following surgery to ensure the healing process was as it should be. He surrounds himself with only the best in the field and that goes for the wonderful staff at his office as well! A lot of doctors and PA's are in and out of the room so fast that you feel like just another warm body. Dr. Gleiber and his staff make you feel like you are the only appointment he has all day and they truly care about you as a patient!

|  Dr. Gleiber is amazing!!!  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Gleiber after a work injury. I had an L5 fracture and S1 disk rupture. He recommended surgery and on August 15, 2011 I had surgery. It was the best decision I could have made. Dr. Gleiber and his staff were very caring and helpful with any questions I had. Three weeks after surgery I was back to work, light duty of course. Today, October 24, 2011 I am virtually pain free! Thanks Dr. Gleiber!!

Oct 24th, 2011

I saw Dr. Gleiber for extreme sciatic pain. He diagnosed a herniated disc and recommended surgery. Dr. Gleiber clearly and completely explained the condition, the surgery and what I could expect for recovery. On September 26, 2011 he performed a microdiscectomy at L5/S1 as an outpatient surgery. The sciatic pain was gone immediately and I was only on pain medication for a few days after surgery. I've carefully followed Dr. Gleiber's instructions for post-surgical activity and my recovery has been uneventful. Not only are Dr. Gleiber's surgical skills outstanding, but he also takes time at each visit with his patients and their family - no rushed examinations in his office! His professionalism and caring concern also extends to his staff, Anna and Mia. Surgery is always a frightening occasion, but I couldn't be happier with the results I've experienced and I highly recommend Dr. Gleiber for anyone considering spinal surgery.

|  I'm alive because of Dr. Gleiber!!!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

My spinal infection was so severe I was told , at my age, there was a high chance I might not make it. Two surgeries later and hours of sweat I'm here to talk about it. THANKS Dr. Gleiber.

Sep 28th, 2011

Had a L2-S1 Fusion on 12/13/2010 and as of 9/28/2011 I feel wunderful and am pain free in my lower back. The improvment of motion is improving. Excellent care.

|  James Uhrig  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

Dr. Gleiber is an extremely dedicated doctor. He correctly diagnosed my problem and recommended a corrective procedure which was a diskectomy. He made repairs to the L3-L4 disk and I was recovering so well I became over aggressive and reinjured the disk. He had warned me that this could happen and gave me explicit instructions as to what NOT to do to keep from reinjuring myself. Unfortunately, I felt so good I figured I was healed and could do anything I wanted. I was wrong. The result was that I needed to have additional surgery and Dr. Gleiber had to fight with my insurance company to convince them I needed the surgery. He spent HOURS of time doing this and was ultimately successful in convincing them the surgery was necessary. The resulting surgery was a fusion of L3-L4 and L4-L5. He put in the titanium "cage" with screws in each vertebrae and a titanium rod holding them all rigid. The surgery took 5 hours and was very successful. My recovery since has been exactly what he told me it would be. I wear the Tortoise shell brace all the time and use the Bone regeneration machine 4 hours each day. I am now 10 weeks into recovery and am ecstatic about the result. Dr. Gleiber is responsible for my being able to walk at all and for me being totally pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Gleiber to anyone who needs spine surgery of any kind. I do not believe I will ever need more surgery on my spine, but if I do, I would not hesitate to go back to Dr. Gleiber to have it done.

Sep 13th, 2011

Dr Gleiber fused L2 - S1. He was very explicit about what my problem, how he intended to address it and what the likely outcome would be. He was right on all countsHe is very forthright and professional and has an excellent bedside manner

|  Don Wiesman  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

A thoroughly professional surgeon!!! The most caring doctor I've ever had with a smiling and caring staff. I had and have complete confidence in his operating skills and diagnosis. My spinal operation was a total success and virtually pain free. He is the BEST!!!

|  US Homeland Security (RAtkins)  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

"The Best"..Dr. Gleiber on 7/26/11 completed my spine fusion on L5/S1, he was great. You don't find many doctors today that take the time or effort to express outstanding patient care. However this does NOT apply to Dr. Gleiber, he is a doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and understand how a condition may effect them beyond the present medical condition. During recovery Dr. Gleiber was always available for questions, and deliver it or not he daily was calling me to see how I was doing (wow). That's care above and beyond !!If your thinking or looking for a spine doctor for your care, Dr. Gleiber should be your first and only choice. The office staff is always kind and pleasant, with a wait under 5 min to see him. Once your back you not waiting and waiting to see the doctor. Within a few seconds Dr. Gleiber is in to talk with you, not rushing in/out the door. In my 45 years of seeing doctors for different conditions, Dr. Michael Gleiber is by far "The Best" of any medical doctor. Your in Good Hands with him.

|  Cervical Surgery  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

The best surgery I have ever experienced. Felt like a million dollars the next day! Was very anxious about this, but all went well!

|  A wonderful,caring  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

I was very afraid of back surgery until my visit with Dr Gleiber.Dr Gleiber put me at ease and explai ned everything in detail so that I would know exactly what was going to be done, this put me at ease.The day of the surgery Dr Gleiber spent time with me pre-op and explained the procedure again, and after surgery the pain was goneI would recommend Dr Gleiber to anyone who needs surgery and is hesitant about it,Dr Gleiber is the best!, lready have one person

|  VIP treatment from day one from Dr Gleiber and his office  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2011

One of the best medical experiences I've had was going to see Dr. Gleiber. He wasn't quick to recommend an operation. He took his time with me and showed me my MRI. I saw him for a second opinion and am sure glad I did. I feel great.

|  I feel fabulous! Five Stars Plus!!!!!!  |  show details
by Starr on Jun 19th, 2011

For the last 6 months I have been in extreme constant pain. After many doctor's visits and tests, I finally found Dr. Gleiber, and his wonderful staff, and my life has done a 180 degree turn around! He clearly diagnosed my problem, provided me with options, and upon my choice, fused L3&4 on Monday, June 6th. I was very concerned about having my cervical spine operated on, but I had already had my lumbar spine fused in NJ approx. 25 years ago, and went ahead with the surgery. Dr. Gleiber clearly explained the operation and possible hazards, but his gifted hands performed a miracle and I couldn't be happier. The collar is a "pain in the neck" so to speak but from where I was to where I am is incredible! I thank you Dr. Gliber and Mia & Anna! Everyone should have complete confidence in you and your office! May God Bless you all.

|  Dr Gleiber is The Best Spine Surgeon  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2011

I cannot say enough about the treatment I received from Dr Gleiber. From the very beginning, I was told by my neurologist that if I needed an operation, this is who my neurologist would go to!! His bedside manner is world class. He followed up on me the day of surgery in recovery, after speaking to my family, the night of surgery and constantly made sure I was doing well. The nurses love him - which is always a good sign. My pain was gone after his surgery and I just want to say a heartfelt thank you!!! to Dr Gleiber for being the excellent surgeon and person he proved to be. All of these reviews about him were right on target!!! He's a special doc.

|  The Best in the Biz  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Dr. Gleiber is truly One of a Kind. After seeing 2 other doctors (who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag), my insurance company recommended Dr. Gleiber. I was initially impressed by his staff, very professional and personable. Dr. Gleiber ordered the proper tests and I was rushed into emergency surgery within 2 days. It was a whirlwind, but this doctor, this man, took his time with me, talked and walked me through every step, called to see if I had questions or concerns both pre-op and post-op. My initial reaction was fear on that fateful day he gave me the news that I needed the surgery and needed it now. Dr. Gleiber calmed every fear. The hospital staff had nothing but nice things to say about Dr. Gleiber and reassured me that "he's the best". I believe that Dr. Gleiber is the best. I have no pain and feel better than I have in years. Thank you Dr. Gleiber and thank you to your staff (Mia and Anna).

|  Surgical Team Member  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Gleiber is a patient-focused, highly skilled surgeon that demands only the highest quality of care for his patients. I have first-hand experience working with Dr. Gleiber in the OR setting and his focus and demand for excellence is unwavering. In the office his staff are the most down to earth and caring group of professionals around. They take on the personality of Dr. Gleiber and are some of the best in the business.I would highly recommend Dr. Gleiber for your spinal care needs. His high level of training in combination with his genuine care for his patients make for an excellent surgeon.

May 19th, 2011

Having the opportunity to work with Dr. Gleiber directly in the hospitals, Ive worked with him from Pre Operative through Post Operative Care. He is there hours before scheduled times to prompt and assist the staff with proceedings for each patient, spends whatever time is needed at the patient bedside to answer any last questions and/or concerns, not only with the patients but family members as well, and is looking for family members directly upon completion to give them immediate updates, only to return to the Post Operative Care Units to follow up with his patients. In the Operating Room, Dr.Gleiber emanates true personal-professional commitment for quality healthcare. A genuine compassion for each of his patients and their families throughout the entirety of the Doctor-Patient relationship. Dr. Gleiber is highly competent, professional, and courteous overall.

|  4-6 neck fusion  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

I found Dr Gliber to be a kind a caring doctor.Before the surger, he took the time to answer any and all question that I or my spouse had.During surgery, he kept my husband informed at to my status. While in the hospital, he took the time to explain to me exactly what to expect and how to best work with the situation.My only complaint was not being able to drive with the hard collar. Even though I could return to work, I had to have someone drive me.My after care was great! Dr. Gliber followed up to make sure that all was well before he finally released me.

May 1st, 2011

I am more than pleased to reccommend dr.gleiber to anyone needing or is interested in a caring,compassionate,and competent surgeon. My experience as a 73 yr old diabetic was more than rewarding as the use of my legs was regained when he relieved pressure on the nerves in my neck. He takes great care to explain the pros and cons of what he has to do.

Apr 23rd, 2011

In December 2010 results from a MRI showed Spinal Stenosis and degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine with nerves being pinched. This resulted in lost muscle in my right arem and severe pain and numbness. After a couple of visits to a pain management clinic and tests performed by a Neurologist, I sought a surgeon as I needed decompression and fusion immediately on my C4, C5 spine. I consulted a Doctor but left his office and felt very uneasy with his vagueness of what I had to have done. Upon the recommendation of a Nurse Practitioner that Dr. Gleiber was who I should consult....I immediately called his office and had an appointment within a couple days. I arrived with MRI and Neurologist reports. When I saw Dr. Gleiber, he had already read my MRI and consulted the Neurologist regarding his report. Dr. Gleiber had a very professional demeanor and his knowledge and experience impressed me so that I lost all fear and trepidation. He explained in detail the urgency of the surgery before I loss any more muscle and he explained the procedure and recovery process. Feeling very comfortable and informed I immediately booked the surgery.While being prepped for surgery Dr. Gleiber once more stopped in to insure me that the surgery would go well and if I had last minute concerns or questions. I felt very confident and had no fear. After surgery Dr. Gleiber was right there to explain how well it went and explain that the lengthy time in the OR was due to his scrapping off an abundance of Arthritis he encountered!Dr. Gleiber's bedside manner was extraordinary and I found him to be a very compassionate person not only with me but with my husband who was very worried also. He personally ordered and delivered a coffe to ward off a headache I had and also took time to walk around the nurses station with me to see for himself how well I was doing(Nurses commented that they have never seen a doctor order and deliver drinks to patients).The day I was released Dr. Gleiber personally called me that evening to check in on me and reiterate that I not hesitate to call him if I had any problems or concerns.It is almost four months post surgery and I am planning to have Dr. Gleiber perform much needed decompression and fusion on my Lumbar Spine L2, L3,L4,L5, S1. I frequently have people randomly stop and question my surgery and I can't express enought to them how good a Doctor I had and I fully recommend Dr. Gleiber to anyone seeking back surgery.Thank you so much Dr. Gleiber

|  Dr. Gleiber Truly Cares About His Patients and He Shows It!!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

In 2009, I began experiencing extensive back pain in my lumbar (low back) that lead me to Dr. Michael Gleiber. From the initial visit, Dr. Gleiber was straight forward with his approach and put me on a treatment path that didn't include surgery at that time because I didn't need it. My treatment included therapy, pain management for epidural injections, and the utilization of a tens unit. Unfortunately in my case, these therapies didn't provide the necessary relief due to the further deterioration of my disc. In July, 2010 I underwent surgery with Dr. Gleiber. I had surgery on Monday and was out on Wednesday. When I woke up from surgery my pain was gone!! Over the course of the next several months, I followed Dr.Gleiber's orders for recovery (which was very hard for me because I'm over active). Dr. Gleiber provided the MOST AMAZING CARE that I've ever received by a physician. He is so caring and is genuinely concerned about his patients. He actually gets to know his patients and makes sure that your recovery is successful. He would call me first thing in the morning or after hours at night to check on me. In experiencing other surgeries before, I have never received this outstanding care or developed such a bond with any of my doctors. I've had the first-hand experience of being treated, operated on and recovering from a potentially devastating situation... all because of Dr. Gleiber. I just can't say enough great words about him and his staff. There are doctors out there that make you question their integrity and knowledge. I speak from first-hand experience when I say that Dr. Gleiber is the Best in his profession. If you are in need of treatment, he is the doctor that you want treating you.

|  my experience  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

I was diagnosed with stenosis based on verbal input with my long standing primary doc. Xrays were inconclusive, went to cat scan. Data over to back guy who confirms stenosis of L4 and L5 confirms stenosis which suggests that muscles can be comprimised due to constriction. I find that I have little or no pain in the lower extremties. Yet, I feel my walking gate is reduced. My first notion is that if there is no pain and I can move OK let it go. The doc pointed out that as one backs off from every day activities because of back limitations you may want to consider surgical options. In my case I needed to support my wife physically whereas she is a stroke victom who needs wheel chair support.Long story short, had the back surgery, hospital for 1 1/2 days, home nursing support and phys-therapy. Things working out OK made the right decision.

|  PLEASE READ THIS.......  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

If you are experiencing debilating back pain which is affecting your quality of life and are considering surgery, I urge you to continue reading this review.I went to Dr. Gleiber with a myriad of spinal issues and the desire to get my life back. I couldn't give Dr. Gleiber more credit for helping me attain that goal.I feel his medical skills are extraordinary. I urge you to read his profile.His compassion and bedside manner are unparelleled to any physician I have ever met during my 67 years of life.A TRUE ONE OF A KIND, SPECIAL HUMAN BEING!!

|  FINALLY A DOCTOR WHO LISTENS!!!  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2011

Michael A Gleiber is a Very, Very Nice Doctor! He's a good listener and really care about his patient. I'm so glad I went to him for a second oppinion. He gave me the truth about not getting surgery because it was not necessary. Thank you Vitals.com for your website!!!!

|  Best Physician I ever met  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I am writing for my fiance Chris, who had back surgery with Dr. Gleiber. I have never met a more down to earth and friendly doctor in my life. Chris went in to see Dr. Gleiber, had an MRI done and received a phone call from Dr. Gleiber after 5 PM from his personal phone to tell Chris he needed surgery. He went out of his way to show Chris what was wrong and what he was going to do to fix the problem. Dr. Gleiber informed us personally about what was happening and didnt have his staff call us to tell us. He phoned me when Chris got out of surgery to let me know Chris was okay and to give me a list of dos and donts for him. I have never felt so much relief and respect for a man in his position. Since being with my fiance we have been through countless chiropractors, doctors, and physical therapists trying to dull Chris's pain instead of fixing the issue. From the moment we met Dr. Gleiber he made us feel welcome, made us feel important, and went above the call of a normal doctor. Chris had his appendix removed 3 years ago and the experience with the doctor was horrible. Now Chris has a 8 inch scar that is purple in color because the doctor took the staples out too soon then decided that a band-aid would suffice for his gaping wound. Dr. Gleiber removed Chris's staples and personally cleaned the wound and rebandaged it. I have never seen a more thorough doctor who truly cared this much for his patients. Dr. Gleiber is the epitome of what a doctor should be. I truly hope that other doctors take a page from his book and realize that patients are people who deserve to be respected and that by treating them as such not only have a patient for life but will tell other people of their experience.

|  Dr Gleiber  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2010

I've been to too many surgeons for my neck problem, no one seemed to care and spend the time with me like Dr Gleiber. It's refreshing to see someone with his expertise, without the big ego of other neurosurgeons I've been to. I highly recommend him.

|  Excellent Spine MD  |  show details
May 30th, 2010

Im not surprised he won this award. I was very pleased with his diagnosis of my spine problem and his approach to treating me without surgery

Sep 7th, 2009

great surgeon and great personal attention.

Feb 28th, 2009

DR. GLEIBER OPERATED ON MY BACK AND HE WAS A VERY CONCERNED DR. HE WOULD CALL ME TO SEE HOW I WAS DOING AND ALSO KEPT IN TOUCH WITH MY DAUGHTER.

|  spends time/highly recommend  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2008

this is a very good doctor who saw me for my back problem i've had for the past 10 years. he made eye contact with me the entire time and made me feel like a person, not just another patient in the waiting room. i highly recommend him