Dr. Michael Gleiber MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 3rd, 2017
The Best Doc For Backs!
I want to thank Dr. G and his amazing staff :-) My experience is an important example that when you seek the best, you will never have to live in pain again. Thank you so much!

May 26th, 2017
Top Brass For Spine Sureons
The best of the best!

February 23rd, 2017
The Best Spine Surgeon
Wow. What can I say that already hasn't been? But I will add this - I traveled to see Dr. Gleiber and it was worth every penny. He figured out in 10 minutes what 9 others had been unable to figure out in 6 months! I trust him with my life!

February 4th, 2017
Miracle Maker
I must say that after my surgery (L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1), it's been a miracle. I'm now 100% pain free and walking every day 3 miles since the surgery with no pain. I can't wait to get back on the golf course and play for the first time in many years without pain. Thank you Dr. Gleiber!!!!

July 8th, 2016
As Good As It Gets
About as good as you can get in the USA - Dr. Gleiber is the only one who figured out how to fix the mistakes of others and with confidence that settled my nerves before surgery.

June 29th, 2016
Happy Camper
Great experience and supportive care received. Highly recommend. Referred others to him - 2 already.

October 26th, 2014
Simply the best
If and when you are confronted with a medical condition requiring spine surgery, you want to have the best ”surgical team”. Here in Florida we are fortunate to have the VERY best. I am referring to Dr. Michael Gleiber and his outstanding Assistants, Mia and Ana who are the epitome of professionalism and excellence in every aspect of their cutting edge, minimally invasive spine surgery Concierge practice. My personal experience began with a consultation (a second opinion) with Dr. Gleiber for severely herniated cervical discs which were impinging on my spinal column, resulting in severe pain and numbness of my left side and general overall inability to function. That consult began an experience that I have never had with any other medical entity. Dr. Gleiber treated me with the utmost respect and made me feel like a “VIP” from the outset. He spent two hours reviewing my MRI, examining me and then meticulously explaining, in layman’s language, my condition and what it was going to take to restore my health and quality of life. No questions went unanswered. I was convinced that he was the man for the job. Because of a scheduling issue and the immediate need for my surgery, the Doctor’s Assistants, Mia and Ana had to schedule and managed the completion of all of my required pre-op appointments, tests, examinations and results in just 3 business days. They did accomplish all of it and in such a way that I never felt any stress or doubts that it would be completed on time. The following week I underwent the surgery which was delicate, difficult and lengthy (5 and 1/2 hours). Dr. Gleiber removed three badly damaged discs, which in turn eliminated the considerable pressure and impingement that affected my spinal column, and he performed a four disc fusion. Because of his extraordinary skill, the surgery was a total success. The following morning I awoke with virtually all left side pain and extremity numbness eliminated. What followed were many weeks of “restrictive” activities and a required neck brace. None of this was “pleasant”, but with frequent follow-up visits to Dr. Gleiber and his quiet reassurance that I was healing according to plan, I did indeed come out of this experience with both a major improvement of my overall health (as he confidently predicted) and unending gratitude and respect for Dr. Gleiber and his staff.

June 26th, 2014
Back to Norma
I was in such a terrible car accident that the jaws of life had to be used to get me out of the car. An this would be scary for anybody but a guy with a 6'8 frame it truly was. After extensive MRI's ( 9 to be exact) Dr Gleiber was highly recommended as a doctor that might b able to improve my quality of life which was absolutely zero when I walked into his office for the first time. The front staff was very courteous and attentive to my needs and his accomplishments and education are visible for you to see in this very clean and comfortable office waiting room, An later the rooms I was in. Now understand prior to this surgery I had only had one other type of surgery my whole life so I had no idea what to expect. I walked in and sat down and the doctor completed educated me on every aspect of my care. He takes the time to answer every single question that I could think of. He made sure that when I walked out of his office, I knew exactly what he was going to do with my procedure from start to finish. An he was very thorough with everything that needed to be done prior to surgery and everything that followed. When I walked into his office I could not move my neck in either direction, I had severe pain running the entire left side of my body, As well as no feeling below the knee. When i walked out of his office yesterday 37 days after my surgery, I was able to move my head to the left and to the right without any discomfort, the pain I felt in my upper extremities is just soreness an most important the numbness and tingling I felt in my lower part of my leg has been cut in half. An thru on going personal rehabilitation t will be able alleviate even more as I continue to recover. I never thought thatI would ever feel the way I do today when i walked into his office for the first time. Perhaps in the further I may need additional surgeries to fix the lower part of my back and if this is the case Dr Gleiber is definitely the doctor that i will choose. He gave me the confidence that my quality of life would improve. An it has 100 percent. He is thorough from start to finish. He will b the doctor I recommend when anyone I know asks about a spinal surgeon. I just want to say thanks again for giving my my quality of life back I really appreciate it and for the care that you show every time I have come to see you.

March 25th, 2014
Magician/Surgeon
First in choosing a surgeon are their credentials. Dr. Gleiber's are tops. He is also considered in the top 10 spinal surgeons in FL, and the top 50 in the U.S. The first time I met Dr. Gleiber, he went over a previous MRI, x-rays, and did a physical exam. I believe I was there almost two hours. He carefully explained my condition and said surgery would eliminate my leg pain, and correct issues in my spine. I was then unable to stand without extreme pain. I used a chair on wheels to get around the house. Living alone, I had no quality of life. Yet I was still skeptical of surgery. Dr. Gleiber's explanation of what to expect after the surgery convinced me to have an operation. He suggested I could have another opinion, and didn't rush me to decide, but to go home and think about it. He had such confidence, it transferred to me. I had previously seen another doctor who recommended fusion. In my particular case, Dr. Gleiber said it wasn't necessary, and would increase recovery time. He went over pro's and con's giving his recommendations. Within a few hours after surgery Dr. Gleiber came to my hospital room to say, "Let's go for a walk." For the first time in months, I didn't have any leg pain. With tears of joy, I called him a magician. He followed me carefully at the hospital, rehab, and home. The doctors & nurses all remarked about how dedicated he was to his patients. Due to non related physical problems, my dates for surgery had to be rescheduled many times. This had to be inconvenient for him, but to his credit he wouldn't proceed with his surgery, until all was as good as it could be. Other surgeons would have proceeded, as my other doctors felt he could. If you need to get a diagnosis for cervical or lumbar problems, go to the best, Dr. Gleiber. If he feels other means could help you rather than surgery, he will suggest them. Along with surgery, he utilizes PT, pain management, and meds. His nurse, Mia, compliments his office. She is so efficient, knowledgeable, and helpful during office exams, and making sure all questions are answered. Dr. Gleiber is young, yet has accomplished so much. I believe his name for a spinal surgeon will be a household name with referring doctors and his patients for referrals. He has helped me through two surgeries. I hope I don't require further surgeries, however, he will always be a special person in my life to admire, respect his brilliance in surgery, and be grateful to for relieving my pain.

January 2nd, 2014
Neck Fusion Surgery
Dr. Michael Gleiber did a fusion on my neck. I had two previous surgeries from two other doctors with not much success, since I still had a pinched nerve and a big problem swallowing. Dr. Gleiber removed the metal and screws from my neck placed in 1997, that had come lose from my vertebrae choking me, making it very hard to swallow and caused a lot of pain and did a bone fusion. While I was in the hospital Dr. Gleiber came several times a day, and called to make sure I was okay. Also he checked with the nurses on every shift making sure all orders were being followed. He also did very successful surgery on my husbands low back that no other doctor could fix! I would highly recommend anyone with spine trouble to see Dr. Gleiber. I have had 10 different surgeries and have never had such a caring great knowledgeable doctor.

July 31st, 2013
Extreme pain with two pinched nerves to NO PAIN
Dr. Gleiber is kind and compassionate. He goes beyond expectations. He promised me that my intense pain would be gone when I awoke from surgery. He was right! He called me personally during my hospital stay. He has followed my after surgery recovery with interest and concern. Yes, he is expensive, but he is worth every cent. I have my life back!!! I highly recommend Dr. Gleiber. He is a 10 out of 10 in my book!! I will keep in touch with Dr. Gleiber for good spine health for the rest of my life. He is wonderful!!!!

June 29th, 2013
Dr. Michael Gleiber is exactly what I hoped and prayed for - the best spine doc!
I wanted to see for myself what all the "buzz" was about regarding this spine surgeon in Florida. I heard about him from another spine surgeon in the north east where I also live. He said if he didn't do the operation, he would recommend Doc Gleiber and only him. I called his office and was met with a very warm, nice voice on the other end, Mia. She explained that Dr. Gleiber didn't accept my insurance and that she would check to see if I would be able to go "out of my network." Mia, checked and got back to me within 2 hours. She explained that I had to pay upfront and she would personally "send the paperwork to my insurance and they would reimburse me." It was not cheap to see him, and I hesitated! But eventually called back to schedule. She asked me to fax my mri report to her so Dr. Gleiber could look at it for the appointment. Here's the amazing part: I got a call back that night from Dr. Gleiber personally! I have been going to the same doctor for 20 years and getting him to speak with me is nearly impossible. Doc G called me back and I was not even a patient. He was so professional and comforting that I was taken back. We talked for almost an hour! He told me that while the mri report was helpful, he needed to see the real mri and examine me. I went to see him and was amazed at how humble this distinguished man was. He introduced himself by his first name! We spent well over an hour together and he told me what was wrong, that he agreed I needed surgery and how he would do it minimal invasive. He wasn't pushy and told me to "think about what we talked about" and call him with any question. I found out what the operation would cost and it was very expensive!, but he seemed so confident he could help me that I decided this was an investment in my health and more important than anything else. It was the best decision! I had surgery and was amazed by not only how good I felt but at the care he gave me after. That was a big concern beforehand. I was worried he wouldn't be as available as he said. Now I know what a real concierge MD office is and should be!!!! He was worth every penny and this is my spine I'm talking about. He has a way about him that most people don't in medicine. My pain is still gone completely and I now have referred him to friends of mine. I have a doctor for life! My advice is: if you need an operation for your neck and spinal cord, see him. It is worth the money and you will be amazed at how different he is compared to other MDs.