Dr. Michael Gluck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 19th, 2016
dr gluck is a great doctor, but more particularly he is a true friend. he is always honest and a true professional. i have known him for more than20 yearsand he has never disappointed.

May 27th, 2014
A good guy
First time meeting Dr Gluck was rough, he did'nt seem too interested in helping me . my GP asked me to give him another try and I had a better visit . He is a very knowledgeable Doc not into throwing you into procedures needlessly, nice to find a gastro guy not a car salesman. You can trust him.

September 21st, 2012
poor communication
Communication between doctor and patient is very poor. Once you see him all other questions go through a nurse. Follow up is and concern after leaving is zero. I would not recommend Dr. Gluck or Virginia Mason to anyone.

September 29th, 2010
Experienced, but low on people skills
Dr Gluck is obviously very experienced, but he and his department do not seem to understand the concept of treating the patient, versus conducting a procedure. He did a professional enough job of my GI endoscopy, but the follow up was very poor. He could offer no diagnosis or explanation for the inflammation of my gastric sphincter, other than to tell me it was inflamed. His computer department botched up saving the results of my procedure, which meant they had to repeat it! The department is terribly understaffed - I was running late for my follow up (which I had to set up, they didn't bother to set it up for me), and couldn't get through on the phone to reschedule it, because they don't have enough people to man the phones (they admitted this to me when I complained). I arrived there to be told I'd have to reschedule - for a few weeks out! I set up some time to talk to him on the phone, and he was very brusque, as if he was doing me a favor, and wrapped up teh conversation before I could get all my questions answered. Neither he nor his department responded to my follow up email, though I got a call from their public relations manager weeks later. My initial procedure was in May, and I wanted to know if I have GI tract issues and / or Celiac disease. It is now almost October, and I know that my GI tract is ok, though I don't know how to control / minimize the inflammation of my gastric sphincter, and due to the lack of follow up, have not been tested for Celiac disease. This is worse than 3rd world health care - Dr. Gluck and Virginia Mason have all the best facilities at their disposal, but do not seem interested in timely and sensitive treatment of the patient or actual diagnosis and cure, but only in conducting expensive procedures and telling you the basic results of the procedure without any further insights. Dr. Gluck is a nice enough man in person, my observation is that this a fundamental flaw in how he and his hospital understand their role and their relationship to the patient. I am looking for another doctor / hospital to get to a satisfactory resolution to my issues.