Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

181 Somerset St
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-247-2401
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Really Terrible ENT  |  show details
by Paul P. on Mar 16th, 2014

This physician (I'm not sure you can even call him that) has absolutely zero bedside manner, no appreciation for one's pain, and does not have the kind of intelligence and knowledge he has for the position he is in. Not only did he string me along with no diagnosis for months and months, all the while telling me that the pain I was feeling was not possible, but then I went to another physician who needed to do immediate surgery because Dr. Goldrich did not realize an infection was causing my ear bones to disintegrate. This was the worst kind of experience you could have with a doctor. And by the way, no follow up call from him, checking in, either. Unbelievable.

|  lawyer  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2013

Extremely disappointed in this doctor. Failed to do a number of things and showed little emotional connection, humanity, concern or interest other than merely a cold, inhumane clinical personality and disposition. Failed to do sufficient research on issues with which he was unfamiliar, failed to follow up, showed little empathy for continued pain and indeed, blamed me as the patient for being "sensitive" to pain instead of searching for a medical solution or some method to alleviate the pain, failed to show any interest in following up on my condition, etc. Extremely disappointing and medically scary person to be around.

by Rona S. on May 6th, 2013

Dr. Goldrich spends all the time I need with him during office visits and on the phone. I have been seeing him for 16 years and this has been consistent, with no exceptions. He always takes the time to explain everything to me and is very patient. He is a caring doctor who listens and expresses sympathy for the challenges I experience with my condition. There is frequently a long wait for him, but that's because he gives each patient the time they need. I have seen him for my voice disorder at least 50 times over the years and have never once experienced a negative reaction or emotion from him, no matter how busy, tired or challenging his office or day has been.

Feb 10th, 2013

I had the best experience in this office. I was seen quickly and Dr. Goldrich spent the extra time I needed explaining my condition to me. He was kind and courteous and his staff were very accomodating in getting me a same day appointment. I would recommend him to all of my friends with an ENT problem.

|  Worst Doctor, Did not Diagnose Cancer, Should Have Sued  |  show details
by Amy on Jan 18th, 2013

I saw Dr. Goldrich as a 30 year old woman presenting with severe pain in ear and head with leaking ear. I had already been through numerous rounds of antibiotics via my PCP and was referred to him as a last resort for figuring out my pain. He tried several rounds of antibiotics too, before telling me that I needed ear tube surgery. As an educated woman with a mother who is a doctor, we were confused about his recommendation of ear tube surgery, as other doctors were telling me that one usually doesn't come across this issue unless there was a history of ear infections, particularly child ear infections. I never had ear infections, and ear tube surgery is something that is done very infrequently on adults. Dr. Goldrich was adamant that this was my only option. When I discussed with him that I had been diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease that had destroyed hormones in my pituitary gland just a year earlier, and shared that I was worried that this was another bout of my disease, he said "no, you need ear tube surgery.". When I asked him several times if he thought I needed an xray or MRI before the surgery to make sure of his diagnosis, he said I did not. He performed surgery with anesthesia and I was left with an ear that did not stop leaking for weeks and weeks, even though it was supposed to have stopped leaking quickly. The pain grew worse and worse, and Dr. Goldrich did not believe me, and refused to prescribe any medication to help with the pain. I honestly think he believed I was a drug addict even though I had never taken pain medication or any drugs in my entire life. I asked to have an xray done and he said it wasn't necessary. Waited another few weeks. After months of awful pain, I demanded an xray. It turned out that I had a rare form of cancer that had eaten away a huge part of my ear and skull. Dr. Goldrich looked embarrassed as he read through the results. Of course he didn't apologize because that would have opened himself up for malpractice. He simply said that he needed to refer me to a surgeon immediately so that I could have surgery done to figure out the type of cancer, and to repair my ear. I was devastated. I was supposed to start graduate school days later. The only nice thing I can say about this man is that he ended up referring me to the most amazing and skilled ENT at Cornell Medical Center, and that doctor ended up saving my life. I was going through cancer treatments and dealing with so many things that I did not even think about suing Dr. Goldrich until it was too late and the timeframe made it impossible to sue. I always believed there were too many lawsuits in the world. But some doctors deserve to be sued. They should not be practicing because their extremely careless mistakes and void of empathy are costing people their lives. I was lucky that I found out in time, but there are other people who may not be as fortunate. If I could, I would give this doctor ZERO stars.

Aug 5th, 2011

I was quickly attended by reception staff who were courteous and friendly. I waited only about 20 minutes for my appointment.Dr. Goldrich inquired abourt my experience since the surgery and listened attentively to my response. He was able to give useful advice on addressing my concerns and answered all my questions afterwards.

|  Very negative experience  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2009

I arrived for my appt. five minutes early and I was kept waiting for an hour and a half in a room CROWDED with sneezing, coughing, crying children and their families.After an hour I inquired when I would see Dr.Goldrich and the receptionist told me casually that he was not in yet and asked if I would like her to page him!!! When he finally did see me I expressed my upset and he did not apologize or respond in any way. His professional competence seemed fine, however this was such an awful experience I would never go there again! Even the parking lot attendant was awful, running over to me and screaming that I couldn't park there, until I told him I was a patient. If you like waiting, germs, and rudeness, this is the place for you.