Michael Goodkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 6 reviews

October 30th, 2013
Not a Doctor who really listens
Through my visit he spent more time talking about his daughter (who also suffers from some disorders I do) and her other issues than listening to my concerns and questions about me. I was shocked by his constant talk of his daughter and hope she consents to her medical information being told to people she has never met because I found it extremely inappropriate. He also seemed to dismiss many of my complaints that he seemed to think should not fit the disorder (even though they are known problems within the disorder). He basically told me I was untreatable, even though he mentioned 2 medications that might help but he was unwilling to try them bc they *might* cause side effects and said that if I don't improve there are other things I could try. That isn't exactly untreatable now is it? So, why the unnecessarily hurtful comment?

October 2nd, 2012
Very caring & knowledgable doctor
Anytime you wait for him, you know is because he spends a significant amount of time with his patients. He is extremely knowledgable about POTS, which is why I originally went to him. He is caring and professional. He will try everything he is comfortable with to treat you, and otherwise, refer you to another doctor. I like that he knows a lot, but doesn't deny when it's beyond his scope. I wish all my doctors were like him.

May 29th, 2012
Requested to talk to Dr. Goodkin, long distance, to ask some questions about his plan of care for my Grandmother who was hospitalized. His office promptly sent him a message, and he returned my call within hours and could not have been nicer in answering my questions, considering I have never met him before. He told me I could call him back the next day to follow up with him about her condition. Seems to be a very nice doctor and definitely was taking very good care of my grandmother. Thank you!

April 28th, 2011
Typical bad doctor
Please stay away from this man. He is in it to get rich and will not help you. he can however cause you a great deal of harm.

May 12th, 2010
Simply put, Dr. Goodkin cares. Some patients don't fit a "mold" of care and Dr. Goodkin seems to know this and takes the time to come up with a plan of treatment designed for OUR benefit. He listens without personal judgment in his eyes and furthers his listening skills to incorporate our concerns into his treatment plan if at all possible. I am glad I found him, and my family is particularly pleased with my progress.

January 14th, 2010
AMAZING DOCTOR!
I am not a number...I am a name. It took me 7 years to find a diagnosis, and he did it! I have a doctor for life!