Dr. Michael Goodwin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Goodwin?

3 Ratings with 1 Comment

May 13th, 2013

Stay away from Kentucky Anesthesia Group if...

I've been chronically ill all my life, and I've never met a more heartless outfit than Kentucky Anesthesia Group. If you have good insurance with no risk of losing it and plenty of money, they're great and you have nothing to worry about. But if you don't then STAY AWAY! I applied for their financial assistance program but was turned down despite the fact I am currently unemployed, uninsured, severely ill, and have no assets. When I called to find out why I was turned down, I was simply told that rules were rules and the full bill would be sent to collection. Then she hung up on me. Every other doctor and hospital I've encountered has given me financial assistance and/or worked with me on the issue of payment but this one. I don't expect a charity operation, but there is zero compassion from the top down in this group. I pray they treat future patients better than they did me.

Doctor's Response

Im sorry things did not work for you. My billing company is wiling and able to help. Merrick management handles most anesthesia groups in our area. Unfortunatly health care has changed. Free care is audited by cms, and many physicians have been fined by the federal government. Exceptions are made, but before surgery not after. If you wanted free care you need to make arangements before surgery. Sincerely Michael Goodwin DO

SHOW