Dr. Michael Gorback MD Patient Reviews

na
very competent

May 9th, 2016
Mrs Marjorie Hunter RN BSN
The Dr was very professional, very knowlegble. and able to accurately diagnose me with the correct treatment. He performed the spinal ablation procedure on me and was the first one to help me in a long time. I would recommend him to anyone who has chronic pain and needs help with the accurate diagnosis and the correct treatment to follow. I had just about given up on being able to walk much anymore.

April 27th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. Gorback is a doctor that listens to his patients. He gives you different options. He explains procedures in a matter that you understand. He answers any questions you have. I would recommend him to my family and friends. You can tell he enjoys his profession.

April 22nd, 2016
Long time patient
I have been Dr. Gorback's patient for 15 years. I think he literally saved my life I was in so much pain. I'm moving to Florida to be near my children and grandchildren and I am going to miss him, especially his sense of humor.

April 7th, 2016
An amazing doctor who listens
First of all, he actually wants to hear you describe your problem. I started out my visit burbling out my diagnosis right away because I figured I was going to get the usual 5 minutes. He told me he wasn't interested in whatever diagnosis I was told, he wanted to hear me describe my symptoms so he could make his own decision. He said we had plenty of time and not to skip to the last page. Then he did a more thorough exam than I have had anywhere else. Then he personally looked at my MRI. He put it up on the computer screen and showed me where the problem was and how it matched my symptoms. Then I had some spine injections and I'm now a happy camper! His staff is wonderful. Before we scheduled the procedure they checked my insurance benefits and gave me a form that showed what they calculated would be my out of pocket cost. No surprises on the bill!

November 5th, 2015
I Wouldn't Send My Worst Enemy to This Dr.
I used Dr. Gorback for approximately 6 weeks and the care I received was sub par. I wouldn't recommend using him, mostly because his bedside manner is so poor and he has a god complex. His nurse, who accompanies him during procedures is very nice, but that can't possibly make up for his cold nature and attitude, nor the fact that his wife is the office manager and not very nice herself. One of the procedures he did was so painful that I screamed and just about came off the table. He ignored my discomfort and barely spoke to me during that procedure. I know I'm not the only one he's treated this way based on other reviews I've read online. He also put me on a fentanyl patch I didn't really want to be on, I suspect so I would keep coming back to him. I took myself off it after having multiple side effects and told my new pain management Dr., who is amazing, that I refused to go back on it. It took about 2 weeks to get through withdrawals but it was worth getting off of and my new doctor stated that he doesn't use those as they mask pain instead of fixing it. Neither of the procedures Gorback did helped -- he also told me that I would be dealing with the pain for the rest of my life. I've had 3 procedures with my new pain management Dr. and I can't say enough good things about him or his staff. He told me on the first day that he was pretty sure he could actually fix me and get me out of pain. Skip Dr. Gorback and go see Dr. Nelson Bond. You'll save, time, money, AND your sanity!
Doctor's Response

This patient and the family were rude and obnoxious and the patient was asked to find another pain doctor due to complaints not only by staff but other patients in the waiting room. I find it interesting that in one review I'm accused of blackmailing patients into having procedures by withholding narcotics and then in this review I'm accused of deliberately addicting people to narcotics so they will keep coming back. I can't be held responsible for drug side effects. There is no crystal ball that tells me if a new medication will work or cause problems. Anyone who wants to know my prescribing policy is welcome to call 281-554-3400 and request a copy.

August 13th, 2014
poor staff and poor outcome
I am a past patient of this Dr. it is very curious to me that a patient/office manager has the medical knowledge to classify patients. This Dr. Is rude, forces procedures upon you and threatens to stop medications that he has prescribed to you if you do not get the pro eiders. I have waited 3 hours before in his waiting room. His staff could care less. You are well advised to seek a far more professional Dr. Somewhere else. But don't you all love the fact he was a hippy?..really, like anyone cares...get a life people.
Doctor's Response

First of all, no one in the history of my practice has ever waited 3 hours. Having spent a couple of hours waiting to be seen at doctors' offices I'm sensitive to that. If we're running very late we offer people the opportunity to reschedule. We have a sign posted in the waiting room that explains that sometimes patients require more time than was scheduled and there might be delays being seen. On rare occasions I might might run over time in the operating room and I notify the office that I'll be late. Patients are offered the opportunity to wait or reschedule. Secondly, I do not "force" people to have procedures nor do I "threaten to stop medications". In another review I was accused of deliberately trying hook patients on narcotics so they would have to come back. I therefore urge readers to consider these discrepancies when evaluating a particular review and note how many negative reviews are written over drug issues. Our prescribing policy is prominently posted in the office at several locations. We provide pain medication while a patient is actively following a plan of care to relieve pain without relying on pills. We provide pain medication as the sole therapy only if we have exhausted reasonable attempts to alleviate the pain by other means. The goal of the practice is to relieve pain AND reduce the need for medication. That's the plan. If you just want pills and aren't interested in doing things to reduce your need for pills then you're in the wrong office. It's your right to accept or decline any form of treatment, but your choice does not obligate me to do things I don't believe in. If you choose to just take narcotics I accept that, but you need to accept that I don't work that way and find a doctor who's happy to write prescriptions. Anyone who wants to know my prescribing policy is welcome to call 281-554-3400 and request a copy.

June 25th, 2014
Living with pain
This is a doctor who comes in, sits down and looks you in the eyes while you're talking, and never makes you feel rushed. My biggest fear was becoming addicted to the meds. I can't tell you how many times he would reassure me that that was one of the many things he monitored. He is extremely honest and expects the same from his patients. I cannot begin to imagine how many people he has to deal with that are only coming in for a "high". I've been his patient for 10 years,

April 8th, 2014
very happy with office
I am new to this office and just love how nice and helpful the staff is! it is a really good change of pace from other offices i have been too. Doctor is very brilliant, i would recommend all my family and friends to come here

March 1st, 2014
Quack- who should not even get the one star
my mother was seeing thus quack gorback! He did the same to her as some of you have posted! He rudely and abruptly refused to treat her....I bet her insurance got charged. This guy is just like anoher quack from that area that is now doing time for his shady treatment. I will not stop unti this guy is fully investigated, including all the office help who are closely related or connected to him to close for comfort. Do not let your loved ones go here trust me you will regret it if they do.
Doctor's Response

It's been 2 years and I have not been "investigated". I don't see this how this person can claim that her mother was both seeing me AND that I refused to treat her. There isn't enough information here to respond specifically, but in general I am abrupt and refuse to treat people who lie or only seek prescriptions for narcotics. Just like patients need to trust their doctors, doctors need to trust their patients. For example, one patient who came to see me had a history of failing drug tests at her previous pain doctor's office. He discharged her from his practice. When she came to see me I asked her why she was changing doctors and she lied. She said she didn't like her present doctor. When you come in and the first words out of your mouth are a lie, there is no point in proceeding. In general I don't charge when this happens even though they took up my time and prevented a legitimate patient from having that time with me.

March 1st, 2014
Doctor Great, Staff Terrible
Dr Gorback and Nurse are great. The office staff is very rude, uncaring and appear to be very poor at doing their job. I dread any dealings with them because it is generally very frustrating and they mess it up several times. If I was their boss, I'd probably fire the whole bunch of them.

February 18th, 2014
concerned patient
I really enjoyed the office staff, they are very friendly and helpful, I called on a Tuesday and was offered a time the NEXT day! My only concerns are with the nurse... She does NOT return phone calls! I had some shots in the office and next day had a question I called the nurse around 6 times NO returned calls but later that day a girl from the office called to check on me after the shots and she had no idea I even called, but luckily she was able to answer my questions! And the nurse needed to start my IV for the shots but after multiple times, too many to count the doc himself came in and got it first try. Overall I would recommend this office to my family he is a very intelligent doctor.
Doctor's Response

First of all thank you for your kind remarks, especially for mentioning that we try to see people in timely fashion and that my office staff makes followup calls the day after the procedure. My nurse checks the phone messages in the afternoon. Calling 6 times only slows down the process for everyone as she listens to the same call 5 extra times. I have called some practices and heard recorded messages asking patients not to call more than once. Incidentally, this reply was written in April 2016 for a review from 2014 and we have a new nurse. My nurse is very good at IV's but there are still times that I have to do it.