Dr. Michael Gorback MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 9th, 2016
Mrs Marjorie Hunter RN BSN
The Dr was very professional, very knowlegble. and able to accurately diagnose me with the correct treatment. He performed the spinal ablation procedure on me and was the first one to help me in a long time. I would recommend him to anyone who has chronic pain and needs help with the accurate diagnosis and the correct treatment to follow. I had just about given up on being able to walk much anymore.

April 27th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. Gorback is a doctor that listens to his patients. He gives you different options. He explains procedures in a matter that you understand. He answers any questions you have. I would recommend him to my family and friends. You can tell he enjoys his profession.

April 22nd, 2016
Long time patient
I have been Dr. Gorback's patient for 15 years. I think he literally saved my life I was in so much pain. I'm moving to Florida to be near my children and grandchildren and I am going to miss him, especially his sense of humor.

April 7th, 2016
An amazing doctor who listens
First of all, he actually wants to hear you describe your problem. I started out my visit burbling out my diagnosis right away because I figured I was going to get the usual 5 minutes. He told me he wasn't interested in whatever diagnosis I was told, he wanted to hear me describe my symptoms so he could make his own decision. He said we had plenty of time and not to skip to the last page. Then he did a more thorough exam than I have had anywhere else. Then he personally looked at my MRI. He put it up on the computer screen and showed me where the problem was and how it matched my symptoms. Then I had some spine injections and I'm now a happy camper! His staff is wonderful. Before we scheduled the procedure they checked my insurance benefits and gave me a form that showed what they calculated would be my out of pocket cost. No surprises on the bill!

November 5th, 2015
I Wouldn't Send My Worst Enemy to This Dr.
I used Dr. Gorback for approximately 6 weeks and the care I received was sub par. I wouldn't recommend using him, mostly because his bedside manner is so poor and he has a god complex. His nurse, who accompanies him during procedures is very nice, but that can't possibly make up for his cold nature and attitude, nor the fact that his wife is the office manager and not very nice herself. One of the procedures he did was so painful that I screamed and just about came off the table. He ignored my discomfort and barely spoke to me during that procedure. I know I'm not the only one he's treated this way based on other reviews I've read online. He also put me on a fentanyl patch I didn't really want to be on, I suspect so I would keep coming back to him. I took myself off it after having multiple side effects and told my new pain management Dr., who is amazing, that I refused to go back on it. It took about 2 weeks to get through withdrawals but it was worth getting off of and my new doctor stated that he doesn't use those as they mask pain instead of fixing it. Neither of the procedures Gorback did helped -- he also told me that I would be dealing with the pain for the rest of my life. I've had 3 procedures with my new pain management Dr. and I can't say enough good things about him or his staff. He told me on the first day that he was pretty sure he could actually fix me and get me out of pain. Skip Dr. Gorback and go see Dr. Nelson Bond. You'll save, time, money, AND your sanity!

August 13th, 2014
poor staff and poor outcome
I am a past patient of this Dr. it is very curious to me that a patient/office manager has the medical knowledge to classify patients. This Dr. Is rude, forces procedures upon you and threatens to stop medications that he has prescribed to you if you do not get the pro eiders. I have waited 3 hours before in his waiting room. His staff could care less. You are well advised to seek a far more professional Dr. Somewhere else. But don't you all love the fact he was a hippy?..really, like anyone cares...get a life people.

June 25th, 2014
Living with pain
This is a doctor who comes in, sits down and looks you in the eyes while you're talking, and never makes you feel rushed. My biggest fear was becoming addicted to the meds. I can't tell you how many times he would reassure me that that was one of the many things he monitored. He is extremely honest and expects the same from his patients. I cannot begin to imagine how many people he has to deal with that are only coming in for a "high". I've been his patient for 10 years,

April 8th, 2014
very happy with office
I am new to this office and just love how nice and helpful the staff is! it is a really good change of pace from other offices i have been too. Doctor is very brilliant, i would recommend all my family and friends to come here

March 1st, 2014
Quack- who should not even get the one star
my mother was seeing thus quack gorback! He did the same to her as some of you have posted! He rudely and abruptly refused to treat her....I bet her insurance got charged. This guy is just like anoher quack from that area that is now doing time for his shady treatment. I will not stop unti this guy is fully investigated, including all the office help who are closely related or connected to him to close for comfort. Do not let your loved ones go here trust me you will regret it if they do.

March 1st, 2014
Doctor Great, Staff Terrible
Dr Gorback and Nurse are great. The office staff is very rude, uncaring and appear to be very poor at doing their job. I dread any dealings with them because it is generally very frustrating and they mess it up several times. If I was their boss, I'd probably fire the whole bunch of them.

February 18th, 2014
concerned patient
I really enjoyed the office staff, they are very friendly and helpful, I called on a Tuesday and was offered a time the NEXT day! My only concerns are with the nurse... She does NOT return phone calls! I had some shots in the office and next day had a question I called the nurse around 6 times NO returned calls but later that day a girl from the office called to check on me after the shots and she had no idea I even called, but luckily she was able to answer my questions! And the nurse needed to start my IV for the shots but after multiple times, too many to count the doc himself came in and got it first try. Overall I would recommend this office to my family he is a very intelligent doctor.

January 2nd, 2014
Seen his care first hand
If you're in legitimate pain, and want help, he is your doctor to see. If all you want is pills because "that's all that works", he isn't your doctor. He is an "interventional" pain management doctor, not a pill only physician. He is very experienced and although his bedside manner is something to be desired, he truly wants to help his patients. I believe the reviews that negative were written by patients who just wanted pain meds and refused his suggestions to relieve their pain (ie injections, weight loss, exercise). Do as he asks as a patient and he will take wonderful care if you!