Dr. Michael Gorum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Gorum?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2017

Patient Focused

I have never been to a more well run office. Dr Gorum explained my injury, the surgery needed, and what to expect in recovery. My health was his biggest concern. Almost 12 years now with zero issues or pain.

October 21st, 2016

Great staff and Dr Gorum was friendly, honest and professional. Reviewed my MRI and determined I did not need surgery at this time. I was so relieved. His PA was very thorough and professional too.

March 14th, 2014

Dr. Goldman

Dr. Goldman was very impersonal I waited there 20 minutes for him to come in the room and give me no real advice extremely poor customer skills

January 22nd, 2014

This dr.is horrible. ..I would never recommend any one to this guy...This guy n his p.a is very unperfessional..p.a princes around his office with her boots on (unprofessional) already dressed for downtown..dr.gorum comes in room didn't let me explain anything to him he just jumps to conclusion and says I'm gonna give you mild meds.which I already have didn't put a hand on me .I'm here in pain at the office never ask me what were my symptoms or nothing..I had a bag of meds not once did he look at them nor me..This guy attitude is ridiculous I'm surprised noone hasn't knocked the h!##/ out of him or his p.a..they are not concerned or give a d!#/^ about the patients they just their for the money..This office is #1 horribles in columbus ga...Please if u read this do not go here..they is the worst ever..p.a very rude attitude bout bad as his...The board needs to shut this place down..they gotta be giving license away cause dr.nowadays all about a $...they don't have a heart..

June 17th, 2013

Very Dissatisfied patient

All this doctor talked about was how old i was and that is normal for my age. I am only 42 and my back pain has been going on for 15 years. He told me one day I would wake up and the pain would be gone. I was very annoyed by his bedside manners and rudeness. I would not recommend this doctor. I marked 4 stars for ease of appointment and promptness only because I believe they want to get you in and get your money, not treat.

May 1st, 2013

Exellent Physician and Staff

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Gorum and his staff. I needed a discectomy between my C3 and C4 because of an injury. The surgery went flawlessly and I made a full recovery. Also, I owed several thousand dollars after the insurance company paid their part and after making payments to them for a couple of years , they forgave the balance. I was so.... happy. I would highly recommend this practice.

November 27th, 2012

Rude and arrogent

I have seen him twice now with two very similiar visits. The second visit was the worst after I let him know I had not had a spinal implant for pain. Excuse me but I thought it was a recommendation not a directive. He was extremely rude and arrogent and could not even tell me why he had suggested I have an implant. He also refused to acknowledge other procedures existed. Instead of saying "I wouldn't recommend that for you" he simply lied and said he had never heard of the other procedures. He also threatened to have a talk with my pain management doctor after I was refered to him by my primary care doctor.

October 5th, 2011

Disappointed

my first experince there was waiting for almost 2 hours to be seen i had to reschedule my husband i were so upset ... my second time was alright except for the person in the back office who does refferals was. Rude... .. The staff seemed disorganized. I havent been seen there for a year .. Because i dont want to get operated cuz i Too young ... I have spondolythesis herniated disc low grade slippage but since im heavy set it causes lots of paint in my legs.. I recently went to their office to ask for a letter and was treated rudely by amanda front desk receptionist she forgot to give my id.. So i went to ask for my id and asked to speak to someone in charge and spoke to jaime( very nice man) i was asking him why the doctor wouldnt write me a letter so i can move to a one story ... and i was crying because no one knows what kind of pain i go through on a daily base carrying things up and down the stairs.. Well elaina crane the administrator of the office goes in jaimez office and buds in our conversation and said that doctor gorum did not see anything wrong with me or any need to live in a one floor house.this lady is the most unprofressional most discusting human being i have ever met in my ... She was taunting me by saying yes walk away so i called her a stupid woman but not in any way or form i threat this woman i received a letter that i no longer can be seen their office just because i was supposely Hostile and threating i never threat anyone in the office or be hostile i wAs upset and crying... The staff denied my request to talk to the doctor.. All of this just for a lousy letter mrs crane also stated they would not write any letter unless i get operated that sounds like blackmail to me and money hungry.... Save your time and go to another office where there is good quality care and compassionate care relationship between patient and doctor...i wonder sometimes if doctor gorum knows what is really going on with his staff... I hereby swear to be a true review of my experience in this office.... I am crushed at the insensitivity of this office...

January 7th, 2011

Friendly and thorough

Both Dr. Gorum and his assistant, Henry Aucoin, were very professional. They listened attentavely to everything I had to say, and they cut straight to the chase as far as running tests to try and figure out what the underlying problems were. Dr. Gorum was very friendly and told me to give him a call any time I had more problems. I highly reccommend him, especially after dealing with some Doctors in the past that blew me off.

July 1st, 2010

Dr Gorum referred me to a doctor in Birmingham. Dr Gorum's staff did not send any of my information to the other doctor, they would not call and get an approval for me from my insurance company, I had to do that myself. It took me 5 minutes to get insurance approved. I found another Doctor and I had to drive all the way to Columbus to pick up the disk so that my Doctor that I had chosen could look at it. It is almost 125 miles one way and of course Dr Gorum's staff gave me the wrong disk. Very dissatisfied with his staff. Think twice before you make an appointment with Dr Gorum.

January 19th, 2010

Herniated disc surgery

I was diagnosed immediately and surgery followed within days. My pain was severe so the fact that we went to surgery quickly was a relief. I am 100% back to normal after my laminectomy.

November 19th, 2009

Had blown disc from ojt injury

Gorum put me in the hospital for 6 days on morphine, then concluded that my injury was insufficient for surgery. I chose a 2nd opinion and had to go out of town as no one in toen would go against Gorums opinion. Within one week of second opinion, I was in surgery getting a fusion.My opinion of both Gorum and Burkus, whom was a office-mate of his and now at Hughston Clinic, is rather poor. As Burkus wont go against Gorum's opinion even after another Dr's diagnoses and surgery was rather different.