A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gottschalk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gottschalk is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Gottschalk, MD, PHD is board certified in Pediatric Endocrinology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Septic Shock
Education & Awards
Dr. Gottschalk graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Gottschalk has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gottschalk accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 91 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Community Health Group - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Gottschalk practice?
Dr. Michael Gottschalk practices Pediatric Endocrinology near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Encinitas, CA.
See San Diego Endocrinologists.