Dr. Michael Guarino MD Patient Reviews

• Medical Oncology Newark, DE

3.0

December 15th, 2013
15 years free - Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Having been a patient of Dr. Guarino for 15+ years, I have always appreciated his straightforwardness and clear direction, both with treatments and follow-up care. He never attempted to skirt issues or underplay the seriousness of my treatment regimes, and my family and my health are a testament to his work. He surrounds himself with the most courteous and professional staff, and would highly recommend him.

June 14th, 2010
Horrible doctor, rude, uncaring
This man is extremely arrogant, rude, and uncaring. He was completely rude to me and to my husband when he saw me as his patient in the hospital. When my husband didn't understand what he was explaining (too many medical terms) he asked him, "Are you stupid?" Then he turned and walked out. I heard him tell the nurse that we were stupid and he wasn't going to explain things again taht she sould explain things to us. The nurse came in and answered all of our questions and was very nice and even apologized for him. I don't know how any docotr could say this to a patient's family! I would never see him, ever!

January 16th, 2010
Lung Cancer patient
Excellent bedside manner. Extremely intelligent without being pompous. Receptive to second opinions which all were in full support of my present treatment. Knowledgable of all alternate treatments and side effects. Will take extra steps to help in overall treatment.