inactive

Michael J Gustavel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 23rd, 2016
Without hesitation.... Best doc and surgical experience EVER!

May 12th, 2016
Great Dr!
Fantastic surgeon. I had a very easy recovery after my surgery. I highly reccomend him!

February 12th, 2016
Dr. Gustavel, Boise, total knee replacement
Dr. Gustavel did my total knee replacement late 2014, and it has been a disaster. I had problems from the start and I feel he has never shown sufficient interest in getting this resolved. I am in constant pain and my knee is constantly swollen. The best he's ever been able to suggest is to do additional corticosteroid shots into the knee. Going to this doctor was the worst decision of my life. I am now completely unable to do any physical activity. I have been fit and active all my life and now I can barely walk 3 blocks. His office staff are rude and unhelpful. On the other hand, his physical therapy staff have been great.

July 19th, 2015
Knee Surgery
Couldn't be happier with my experience with Idaho Sports Medicine and Dr. Gustoval. My knee surgery turned out great, the physical therapists at Idaho Sports Medicine were super. Highly recommended.

July 8th, 2015
Thorough exam and a pleasure to work with.

October 9th, 2013
Not Worth the Wait
I went to see Dr Gustavel to discuss the results of an MRI. I was quickly taken back to see the doctor, however, I then waited over an hour before he actually got to my room. Even worse, no one came to check on me or tell me the hold up. I would have left, but I really needed the results of the MRI. When he finally got there, he very insincerely apologized for the wait. He then suggested surgery above all other options. The doctor I ended up replacing Dr Gustavel with, was against surgery and as a result, we came up with much better options. In my opinion Dr Gustavel doesn't seem to be in his profession to help people heal.

June 21st, 2012
Amazing doctor who really cares about his patients
Dr. Gustavel did surgery on my hip and gave me back my quality of life. He spent time talking to me about my problem and then explaining in great detail what he thought was going on and how he could help me. His is one of the nicest people that I have met and he really cares about his patients and their experience. I never felt rushed in any of my appointments and I recommend him to everyone.