Dr. Michael Cohen Is this you?

Dissatisfied

April 30th, 2015

outraged

Dr. Cohen treated my dad for more than 20 years and his blood tests according to Dr.Cohen were always normal. when dad started losing weight rapidly got stomach and back aches he said dad had arthritis. Dr Cohen recommended a stomach specialist because the pain got severe he was no eating and the blood and other tests ordered by this doctor came positive for primary liver cancer caused by Hepatitis C. Doctor Cohen's secretary, his wife ,is a cold and insesstive person.

November 29th, 2014

Long-Term Doctor Served As Internist

At some point, this doctor's wife took over as his secretary, obviously, from my perspective, to increase patient volume by speeding visits up. Originally, patients waited to see him for at least an hour but were told that the wait was worthwhile because they would eventually receive as much attention as other patients, which was true. I suffered mind-bending headaches for 10 years, and the doctor never tested my thyroid function although a simple (TSH) blood test was available in the mid-1980s and was refined in the 1990s. My symptoms of Graves' disease included, hyperemesis gravidarum during pregnancy, repeated miscarriages, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and vitiligo. It is not unusual for signs and symptoms to precede an abnormal laboratory thyroid blood panel. Thyroid disease ran in my family. In the 1990s, the doctor told me that I obviously didn't trust him. (Sadly, I was naive and did. ) He referred me to a rheumatologist known for testing, and my TSH showed up as subclinically hyperthyroid. Nothing was done. At some point my cholesterol soared, and a close family member urged me to get a TSH test. I didn't want to since this doctor apparently considered my thyroid function normal, but I finally did, and I clearly had autoimmune hyperthyroid disease or Graves'. For 10 years I had frequently been incapacitated by headaches, and this doctor never thought to check or to send me to an endocrinologist. He never said anything like, "Listen, I'm a cardiologist, so maybe you should see a specialist in another field." He simply "guilted" me. After my diagnosis and treatment, I left his practice. The doctor's wife charged me a great deal of money to send my records to my local internist in the state in which I lived. She threatened to ruin my credit rating if I didn't send her a check. Because he was affiliated with a major and respected teaching hospital, I would have expected him to speak to his colleagues about me to see if he could possibly have missed something. His close friend was a thyroidologist at the hospital with which he had long been affiliated. At the very least, he was incurious and insensitive, and he betrayed my trust.

January 7th, 2010