A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Shannon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Shannon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Shannon, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, and Geriatric Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Pregnancy Complications
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Shannon graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.
Dr. Shannon has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Everett Medical Center
- Kindred Hospital - Seattle
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shannon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Premera Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 7 plans
- Community Health Plan of Washington - 8 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael H. Shannon practice?
Dr. Michael Shannon practices Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, and Endocrinology and Metabolism near Olympia, WA.
Additional practice locations include: Lacey, WA.
See Olympia Internists, Olympia Geriatric Doctors, and Olympia Endocrinologists.