Neurological Surgeon
343 Elm St
Ste 202
Reno, NV 89503
775-323-6100
Locations and availability (2)

|  Changed my life  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2013

I am pain free for the first time in 3 years. I enjoy living again. Thank you Dr. Song!

|  Finally pain free!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

This guy is the best.

|  Best of All  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

I had 2 Back & 1 neck Surgery By Dr. Song, Prior 15yrs I had back Surgery and in pain everyday, After 1st Surgery by Dr.Song pain was complety gone. I walk some most of time in scooter but if it wasn't for Dr. Song I would be in a bed, and he didn't leave me hanging he keeps up with me & other doctors trying to find my balance problem to help me walk again. Dr. Song isn't just a great Doctor but a very caring person, My life is much better for knowing him.Don Schwartz Fallon Nv.

Apr 6th, 2012

this doctor & office staff are the best I had a infusonon my L4 L5 thanks for my life back Now I can start hiking again kyle

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

He is the best!! Dr Song is very kind and what I appricated most was his honesty. Prior to my surgery he asked me what I expected to get out of the surgery. My response was to know I did everything possible to get my back fixed and hopefully remove the mind numbing pain. He was up front with me and said I had a 50/50 chance of the pain remaining but he would fix my back. Unfortunately due to nerve damage the pains still here but the section of my back he fixed is exactly that Fixed. With the pain still here he has recommended a spinal stimulator and he is on top of my care. The only CON that I've expierenced in his office is his nurse pactioner, she does not have a bedside manner and made me uncomfortable. I've read some of the other reviews about them waiting for their surgery due to poor scheduling and I did not have that problem. I know that my surgery took a few hours longer then he thought it would. Instead of only doing what he set out to fix he fixed more and I appricated the extra time he took. I'm sure all his patients do..

Feb 24th, 2012

He is a great doctor and would recommend him to everyone.

Oct 25th, 2011

Great doctor and would recommend him to anyone.

|  Fantastic Neurosurgeon  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I had a craniotomy in 2006 to remove a brain tumor. Dr. Song was incredibly kind, caring, and humble during the experience and follow-up care. He made a terrifying ordeal bearable. I hope never to have my brain operated on again, but if I do, it will be with Dr. Song.

|  One of the Finest We Have Ever Known  |  show details
by Derek & Joann Allister on Dec 21st, 2010

Dr. Song is possibly the finest Doctor my wife and I have ever known. He is the perfect combination of being concerned yet professional and to the point. He is very compassionate and caring without going over the top. He flat out knows what he is doing, and he leaves his ego at the door. He works very, very hard. I would fly to any city in this country to be Dr. Song's patient. He is that good. His bottom line is to help you get better. We cannot say enough good things about this man. We feel blessed that our paths crossed.

|  Best Doctor I ever had  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2010

I had back surgery about 15 years ago of L-4,5, my pain was still there from day 1 pain level of 5 to 8, until I had a repeat surgery of L-3,4,5 in Sept 2009 by DOCTOR SONG, after the surgery in 2009 I HAVE HAD NO BACK PAIN SINCE, he took his time on first vist did'nt rush looked at all x-rays and was able to get me to surgery asap, I almost forgot what it was like having no pain and I was taking meds for for over 15 years.THANK YOU Dr.SONG

|  A NEW LIFE FOR ME!  |  show details
by Claudia Varin, claudiavarin@yahoo.com on Nov 13th, 2009

I wrote the Sept 11, '09 review, but wanted to add my name & e-mail if any new patients want to talk to me regarding my experiences with Dr. Song.

|  Mr. Duane Hilton  |  show details
by Duane Hilton on Sep 13th, 2009

Great doctor!!

|  A New Life for Me!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2009

After years of pain meds., p.t. & exercise, epiderals, bedrest, chronic pain finally got the best of me. I was now unable to walk very far due to fear of falling, which occurred often. Lying down in bed was the only time I had that was almost painfree. I have many friends in the medical field and had been Dr. shopping for months. By his reputation with the medical community, and the experience of a 10 yr. old head injury patient, I called Dr. Song. I had c-spine surgery on 3-16-09 and lumbar surgery the next week. I walked out of the second one with no pain. I was a little sore and the braces were uncomfortable, but I already felt better than I had in many years! I am now painfree, which I was not really expecting. I was just expecting some pain relief. All the research & prayers paid off! I am 62, but I feel 40 again. Thank you, Dr. Song for my new, wonderful quality of life!

by Kim Clark on Jun 2nd, 2009

Dr. Song saved my life. At one time I was in the medical field. I have never met a more professional or caring physician. I have complete and total confidence in him as a physician. I am still looking at another surgery on my back and I would not even consider having anyone perform the surgery but Dr. Song.

|  Number 1 Surgeon  |  show details
by Kay Rallis on May 17th, 2009

I cannot imagine having a better surgeon! Dr. Song is always personable, accurate and above all, caring. The result of my recent surgery was excellent - no swelling and very little pain. Follow up has been prompt and professional.

|  pain free in NV  |  show details
May 5th, 2009

Dr. Song is a rare gem for Northern Nevada. He is brilliant but humble. He genuinely cares about his patients and his staff goes above and beyond. My only complaint is wait times to see him, but its always worth it.

by Tried to be Objective on Apr 24th, 2009

Excellent technical and diagnostic abilities, is a likable chap, but he appears to be spread too thin and is always in a hurry to move on. While most everyone in his office are personable, their lack of post-appointment follow-up is criminal.

|  Emergency Treatment  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2009

Dr Song was inattentive after the emergency care and when needed that night in the patients room. Sent an assistant the next day. Requested a new nurologist