Dr. Michael Turner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 5th, 2015
A Two Star Doctor
Regarding a mouth and tongue condition that has been bothering me for 3 weeks, this doctor said that he could see no evidence of a problem...things looked normal to him. The session ended oddly with him leaving the room w/o any closing comments. A cold sore medication was supposed to be called in to Walmart but when I went there to pick it up it had not been called in.

January 8th, 2015
helped me
Ukiah might be the alternative medicine capitol of the world and I'm guessing the doctor doesn't hide his impatience with "natural" medicine and its ilk. He can be direct in his opinions and probably is not for everyone. But I will say that he stayed up all night with me when I was in Intensive Care Unit ten years ago, and I don't think I'd be here today if it weren't for his persistence and intelligent care.

March 17th, 2014
Would Not Recommend
I saw this doctor for the last two years simply because he was the only doctor I could get when I first moved to this small community. HIs "bedside manner" is offensive to be blunt, he comes across as arrogant, does not really listen to your concerns and is extremely dismissive and opinionated as far as presenting an extremely rigid medical approach based on the use of chemical medicines vs any discussion whatsoever of any other holistic factors. As a woman patient, I felt that he had not empathy or true focus on healing,\ or interest in any of my special needs as a female. I also was always very uncomfortable being in the room alone with him as he was aggressive, abrupt, and almost combative when I asked him any questions that apparently varied from his "set in stone" know it all perspective. His approach appears to be focused on dealing with the symptom not the cause of illness. His manner is arrogant and unpleasant and I would not recommend him. Talk about a physician with a "god complex" well this guy epitomizes it. He refused to even listen to any issues I was concerned about regarding peri-menopause and continued to prescribe me a medication that I have now been told I do not need and is basically useless in the treatment of the condition it had been prescribed for. I am now working with another medical doctor as well as with a female naturopath and am seeing great results in comparision.

October 9th, 2012
The good Dr. does seem rushed, he even asked me if I was wasting his time. (Note,I didn't ask him to wait 40 minutes in My waiting room before I allowed him to see me). The staff.. Seemed unknowledgeable at the front end and rude in the back office. This is my first experience with a clinic setting, I am new to this area, and all the Dr.s I had personal references for were not accepting patients. This Dr and clinic get my rating of barely functioning as a health care provider. (I also had to beg many times for my prescriptions.)

April 16th, 2012
A study in our system of class and its impact on medical care.
This is the title I would give my paper on class and medical care. Poverty in this country is a death sentence and Dr. Turner and my experiences with him and his staff remind me that the studies I have read in my CALS (Chicano and Latino Studies) are more than words in a textbook, I live the consequences of these studies. Dr. Turner seems annoyed as if I was wasting his time. He does not listen to me when I try to explain what I feel my body doing. His nurses are plastic and rude to us nevermind trying to get my meds refilled on time. I am seeking another doctor. He does not treat me as a whole person and at times his disdain for me is tangible. He can bill me with no problem but a healer he is not!

May 18th, 2011
I would recommend
I've been seeing Dr Turner for several years. He is excellent at dignosing a problem. Doesn't waste my time. Get's right to the problem at hand. I don't need my doctor to be my best friend - just do your job and get me out of there!!

March 1st, 2011
I felt like I was bothering him....
He seemed to have somewhere else to be. Wasn't interested in details which seems to me would be important to a doctor, but what do I know....Could I give bedside manner a negative star?

June 14th, 2010
Review about the nurse practisionor- Loretta and her staff.
I never saw Dr. Turner. I saw his nurse practioner, Loretta Annicoti. she is ill prepared. Her time with me was hurried up. The staff was very poor, to busy trying to get appointments instead of listening to the the patient standing there for care. Most of all,I felt I needed to beg for my presciption re-fills. One prescription was urgent. I have seisures and if I don't get the attention needed, I would be forced to go to emergency.(A waste of money to the tax payers.) I called 3-4 days ahead of time.