A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Wood is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Wood, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Dr. Wood has 10 hospital affiliations:
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Garden City Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 26 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Wood practice?
Dr. Michael Wood practices Surgery near Madison Heights, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Warren, MI and Jackson, MI.
See Madison Heights Surgeons.