Dr. Michael Hafran Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Hafran?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Michael Hafran?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 21st, 2016

no trust

would never trust my health or one of my friends or family with this guy. waste of my time for urgent care; 3 days later; still having issues - now I need to follow up again with a real doctor

October 18th, 2013

Excellent Physician

Excellent and caring doctor.

December 31st, 2010

Wasted time

I saw Dr. Hafran in an Urgent Care setting. Should have probably gone to an ER .I was panicked, felt there was truly something terribly wrong. Tachycardic --133 on admission. Immediate assumption was i was having a panic attack. This is despite the fact that i was so thirsty i was was pouring myself my own water from exam room sink and needing to urinate every 5 minutes. Weight loss severe in past months, neuropathy in hands and feet, etc. No labs drawn, no discharge vitals ( i picked up a copy of my report). Was given ativan (sedative) and told i could either sit in waiting room or go home. Inchose to go home, felt no better. I have since learned that I was having a hyperglycemic crisis. A simple glucose stick would have confirmed it. This delayed my ultimate diagnosis. No mention in my record of extreme thirst and excessive urination. Should have been obvious, in hindsight from what i have learned after this experience.Left that visit feeling condescended to and embarrassed even though i eventually learned it was a very dangerous situation. Now i have his "diagnostic impression" of panic attack to follow me forever on medical record, potentially impeding any emergency diabetic care i may need.It disturbs me to this day. I say save riverwoods for simple stuff like stitches but go elsewhere for anything more complicated. No discharge vitals??? I guess I get to pay for being dismissed as a psych case due to very narrow assumptions on the part of this physician.

March 4th, 2016