Dr. Michael Haiken Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Haiken?

Acne

Acne

Have you seen Dr. Michael Haiken?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2017

I must definitely agree with the other reviewer that this office stretches your care out to as many visits as they possibly can. Their billing practices were inappropriate, and I found the bedside manner very awkward. I had a mole removed from my ear, and it was only after the procedure was performed did they mention that I would need a skin graft. I healed better than expected and didn't need one, but it was very poor to perform a procedure that would require further treatment without informing the patient.

September 1st, 2013

Too may visits required by doctor.

I have had numerous facial basil cell skin cancers removed over the last 13 years. All were biopsied and then at next appointment removed (Mohs checked) and wound was stitched. I was given care instructions and returned 10-14 days later for removal of stitches. If I had two not touching eachother, they were done simultaneously. Dr. Haiken's office required that a PA first see me to determine if I needed a biopsy, then a biopsy, then the removal, then COME BACK 2-3 days later for stitching, then finally the stitches removed. Later the second one was done which was not touching. Far too many visits required to accomplish the same thing. What I did not like most was that I was sent home with an open gap in my head unnecessarily. My necessary 3 office visits were dragged out to approximately 7 and the black and blue "thumbprint" on my face remained for approximately 6 weeks. No other doctor has ever refused to do 2 at a time for me nor failed to sew me up immediately after mohs report cleared. Perhaps greed sets in when Medicare pays less for the second procedure, but the guise of making you go home for a day or two before stitching you was that you might be a bleeder. I think we all know very well if in fact we are bleeders or on such medications. Thumbs down.

April 14th, 2011

Happy to have found Dr. Haiken

Dr. Haiken is very thorough. He found and biopsied 8 suspicious spots, 5 of which were positive for cancer. Three other dermatologists treated all of these spots as pre-cancer and treated them by freezing. Dr. Haiken surgically removed them. Some were very deep because they were not treated properly earlier. He has very good bedside manners and very considerate of the patient. I highly recommended him with no reservations.

June 28th, 2015