Dr. Michael Haiken MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 2 reviews

September 1st, 2013
Too may visits required by doctor.
I have had numerous facial basil cell skin cancers removed over the last 13 years. All were biopsied and then at next appointment removed (Mohs checked) and wound was stitched. I was given care instructions and returned 10-14 days later for removal of stitches. If I had two not touching eachother, they were done simultaneously. Dr. Haiken's office required that a PA first see me to determine if I needed a biopsy, then a biopsy, then the removal, then COME BACK 2-3 days later for stitching, then finally the stitches removed. Later the second one was done which was not touching. Far too many visits required to accomplish the same thing. What I did not like most was that I was sent home with an open gap in my head unnecessarily. My necessary 3 office visits were dragged out to approximately 7 and the black and blue "thumbprint" on my face remained for approximately 6 weeks. No other doctor has ever refused to do 2 at a time for me nor failed to sew me up immediately after mohs report cleared. Perhaps greed sets in when Medicare pays less for the second procedure, but the guise of making you go home for a day or two before stitching you was that you might be a bleeder. I think we all know very well if in fact we are bleeders or on such medications. Thumbs down.

April 14th, 2011
Happy to have found Dr. Haiken
Dr. Haiken is very thorough. He found and biopsied 8 suspicious spots, 5 of which were positive for cancer. Three other dermatologists treated all of these spots as pre-cancer and treated them by freezing. Dr. Haiken surgically removed them. Some were very deep because they were not treated properly earlier. He has very good bedside manners and very considerate of the patient. I highly recommended him with no reservations.