Dr. Michael Harrer, MD
Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Video profile

by Robert A. R. on Apr 24th, 2016

Outstanding!!!!!!!! Dr. Harrer has replaced both my knees and a shoulder without one problem or "bump in the road". Professional yet patient sensitive. Answers questions completely and clearly with detailed yet understandable explanations.

No bedside manner. Two min. in hospital visit. show details No bedside manner. Two min. in hospital visit.
by Barbara on Feb 24th, 2016

Result of hip replacement operation was good. Have good use of the leg with no pain. Spends very little time after operation. Had some issues after operation & he did nothing about it except say "it will get better on it's own".

Doctor's Response

Dear Barbara, We appreciate and value your feedback. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience a bit further. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Too quick show details Too quick
by Barbara on Feb 22nd, 2016

Too quick with me after hip replacement. Did not address my concerns. The operation was a success and I am feeling no pain. Can use my leg and I have my life back.

Doctor's Response

Dear Barbara, Thank you for your feedback. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If interested in contacting us, please call 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Amusing Ortho Dr. show details Amusing Ortho Dr.
May 20th, 2015

Dr. Harrer was extremely personable and caring. He was honest about the level of pain but assured I would perserveer through it all. I would highly recommend him.

Mar 19th, 2015

Was in serious pain on first visit and after treatment/surgery, I am brand new!

The best show details The best
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr. Harrer sees his patients as human beings, not just bodies on which he performs surgery. Even though I was in desperate need of a hip replacement he did not try to push me into surgery. He said I would know when the time was right and come to him. The surgery went incredibly well, enabling me to make a rapid and very successful recovery. I would (and have done so) recommend him to anyone needing hip or knee surgery. He excels not only in his surgical skill but also in his caring.

RN show details RN
Apr 22nd, 2010

I work with this doctor. This is the guy professionals send their loved ones to.Outstanding surgeon,wonderful person.

THE BEST !!! show details THE BEST !!!
Nov 6th, 2009

FROM THE VERY FIRST VISIT I WAS TREATED WITH COURTESY ALTHOUGH MY WAIT WAS QUITE LONG, I SUPPOSE THAT IS COMMON FOR FIRST TIME VISITS. FROM THEN ON I WAS SMITTEN WITH DR. HARRER, SUCH A WARM, CARING MAN. YOU FEEL THAT THIS IS A LONG TIME FRIEND THAT YOU ARE SEEING. I RECOMMEND HIM TO PEOPLE THAT I KNOW. HE IS THE BEST!!