Dr. Michael Heavey MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 3rd, 2013
Doctor's lab orders
Dr. Heavye was wonderful. Took the time to listen and asked lots of questions! He spent a good mount of time with my appointment. My complaint is with the procedure with doctors orders. Twice I needed blood work nd orders were not at the lab. The second time blood work was needed i asked, at the doctors office, for lab order, the staff assured me that orders would be at the lab. Before my appointment I called (12:50 p.m.) to remind them that I was going for blood work in case orders were not sent. No one in any department was available. I believe they were at lunch, so I left a message. Actually I call 7 times, last call at 2:09 p.m. I did receive 2 call backs, but by then I was not at the lab, I left not going to sitting around waiting for them to call me. Which by the way was around 3:53 my appointment was at 2:00. The staff has always been very courteous and professional as has been Dr. Heavye. I do recommend him, just make sure you leave with lab orders in hand. I wasted, on 2 different occasions, gas and time. My recommendations: everyone in the office should be crossed trained to answer calls (reception) make appointments, send lab orders. Everyone should stagger their lunch so that patients can receive help when they call. Thank you Dr. Heavye,sorry, but I will not be returning, my time is just as valuable as the staff's lunch.

October 24th, 2012
Mrs.
I am so happy with Dr. Heavey. He is very kind and he "did not treat me like an old lady" I am finding that the older I get, the more I get "over looked" and "treated like an elderly person" Some people even "talk loud to me" I am only 64 - that is not old, Is It? I have been going to Dr. Heavey for about 2 years and I will continue to have him take care of me. I like him and also the office staff.

May 31st, 2009
PATIENT OF DR. MICHAEL HEAVEY
I HAVE HAD DR. HEAVEY AS MY GI DOCTOR FOR AT LEAST 3 OR 4 YEARS AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN "VERY MUCH SATISFIED" WITH HIS PROFESIONALISM. I AM A PATIENT AT VA HINES HOSPITAL AND HAVE BEEN GOING TO HINES FOR ABOUT THE LAST PAST 15 OR MORE YEARS. HE IS A VERY UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE WHEN I NEEDED HIS HELP. "I THINK HE IS THE BEST THERE IS."

October 6th, 2016