Dr. Michael Heck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 12th, 2014
Great with kids
My daughter (6 years old) saw Dr. Heck for an ankle injury. I was very pleased with the way he and his staff interacted with my daughter. They really made an unpleasant experience tolerable as they talked to her and treated her like a person whereas many doctors really only talk to mommy. I was very pleased with his diagnosis and treatment plan as well.

November 26th, 2012
I wouldn't go back there..
I went to see Dr. Heck with a case of Bursitis which I've been treated for for 15 years before moving to TN. Once in the room with me I explained what the issue was, and how I had been treated for the exact condition for more then 10 years. Dr. Heck took me upstairs to see another Doctor who immediatlly diagnosed the bursitits in my elbow. Doctor Heck then wrapped the elbow and gave me pain meds, I had to see another Doctor two days later because of the pain, who put a cortizone shot into the elbow, resolving the problem in 48 hours.

November 1st, 2012
new patient
Like the comment I read about the biker and possible stress fracture, I was equally not impressed with this doctor. I had a totally different injury and he was not much help and tried to refer me to a reuhmatologist. He was VERY willing to perscribe the pain killers though.

January 16th, 2012
Bed Side Manner
I'm in no way a needy patience but Dr. Heck spent a total of 5mins in the exam room and 3mins of the 5min were me asking additional questions. As a very avid biker and runner a "possible" stress fracture is a very big deal to me. Doctor Heck default answer to my questions was "the Physical Therapist will advise you on that matter." He replied with that statement ("the Physical Therapist will advise you on that matter.") 3 times before leaving the exam room without any explanation of how long he felt the boot would be worn, is it broken etc. etc.. I stopped Doctor Heck in the hall and asked if I could have something for the swelling and pain and was greeted with "yea, nurses have my notes and will be calling you something in" he did not explain any of the prescriptions before leaving. The nurses were EXTREMELY Nice and friendly and were the only saving grace of this doctors visit. I will not return to the Doctors Office. I have headed great thing about OrthoMemphis but this Doctor missed the mark with me. Maybe others will have a better visit than I did.