Dr. Michael Heck Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Heck?

Patients are seen as just a paycheck

Posted on March 16th, 2017

This doctor spends little to no time with his patients. If they have questions or concerns he seems quick to dismiss them. He makes patients and their parents feel stupid when they question the treatment he chooses. The last visit we had lasted less than 5 minutes. The waiting room wait is longer. Very disappointed.

Great with kids

Posted on April 13th, 2014

My daughter (6 years old) saw Dr. Heck for an ankle injury. I was very pleased with the way he and his staff interacted with my daughter. They really made an unpleasant experience tolerable as they talked to her and treated her like a person whereas many doctors really only talk to mommy. I was very pleased with his diagnosis and treatment plan as well.

I wouldn't go back there..

Posted on November 26th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Heck with a case of Bursitis which I've been treated for for 15 years before moving to TN. Once in the room with me I explained what the issue was, and how I had been treated for the exact condition for more then 10 years. Dr. Heck took me upstairs to see another Doctor who immediatlly diagnosed the bursitits in my elbow. Doctor Heck then wrapped the elbow and gave me pain meds, I had to see another Doctor two days later because of the pain, who put a cortizone shot into the elbow, resolving the problem in 48 hours.

new patient

Posted on November 1st, 2012

Like the comment I read about the biker and possible stress fracture, I was equally not impressed with this doctor. I had a totally different injury and he was not much help and tried to refer me to a reuhmatologist. He was VERY willing to perscribe the pain killers though.

Bed Side Manner

Posted on January 16th, 2012

I'm in no way a needy patience but Dr. Heck spent a total of 5mins in the exam room and 3mins of the 5min were me asking additional questions. As a very avid biker and runner a "possible" stress fracture is a very big deal to me. Doctor Heck default answer to my questions was "the Physical Therapist will advise you on that matter." He replied with that statement ("the Physical Therapist will advise you on that matter.") 3 times before leaving the exam room without any explanation of how long he felt the boot would be worn, is it broken etc. etc.. I stopped Doctor Heck in the hall and asked if I could have something for the swelling and pain and was greeted with "yea, nurses have my notes and will be calling you something in" he did not explain any of the prescriptions before leaving. The nurses were EXTREMELY Nice and friendly and were the only saving grace of this doctors visit. I will not return to the Doctors Office. I have headed great thing about OrthoMemphis but this Doctor missed the mark with me. Maybe others will have a better visit than I did.

Posted on July 6th, 2015