Dr. Michael Hennelly MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

November 27th, 2014
This was absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. He asked me a couple questions and gave me a lecture on how to treat w/o medication. He didn't give me a chance to explain exactly what had prompted my visit and proceeded to walk out the door. When I told him I had other concerns, he came back in and sniped, "well we should have started with that in the first place." He was rude, insensitive and didn't even know my name. He doesn't deserve one star.

June 11th, 2013
Due to my regular dr being unavailable I have had to see Dr Hennelly twice both times have been horrendous. My most recent visit I waited 20 minutes past my appt time even though there were no other cars in the parking lot. When he did come in I had a return to work form which he was not happy about and actually groaned. He basically said he didn't know what it was that I wanted from him. As I was checking out a gentleman was walking out and was verbally unhappy with the care received by Dr Hennelly. I won't be back.

April 2nd, 2013
Best at Diagnosing difficult issues, Wants relationship with patient
If you have a health issue that no other soctor has helped you with, see Dr. Hennelly. He is a third generation family doctor. I had lots of health problems when I showed up on his door step that three previous doctors didnt help. He methodically went through my symptoms to work through what was going on. He sent me for a sleep study based in symptoms. Sure enough! I had sleep apnea and began treatment. It changed/saved my life with young children. I had become deconditioned and in pain. He sent me for physical therapy which really helped. I was disappointed that he insisted a psychiatrist prescribe my anti-depressants. He isn't perfect, but I will take him over the other doctors that didnt even read my symptom list or were dismissive of my issues!

August 31st, 2012
Horrible Care
I'm a very health individual but i do have some nagging injuries from my many year of competitive sports. I've only seen the Dr 3 times. the first for a general physical which he made me come back in to give me the results. I had to pay another co-pay of $25 just to hear him say I am perfectly healthy. He refused to give me the results over the phone or mail. the next time was for a toe and foot problem from running. He referred me to a podiatrist. I also ask him about some lg spider veins. He gave me another referral. I met with the specialists and was treated. The next time I went in for elbow pain. He told me I was wasting his time and to fine another primary care doctor and that I should be going to the ER or urgent care. He was upset that I didn't come back in to give him an update on what the specialist did. I told him why would i make another appointment with him and have to pay another $25 co-pay. It's my understanding that once you refer me to a specialist my time with you for that particular case is over and the specialist take over otherwise don't refer me to another doctor or request a copy of my records be sent to you from the specialist. I told him the only time I would come in was if i was feeling sick or injured. He then told me to find another doctor. or go to urgent care and pay a higher co-pay. I saw him 3 time over a 3 year period. The first time i saw him I waited 50 minutes. I left the examining room to find someone thinking they must have forgotten about me. the doctor told me he was with a sick patient. I told him that was fine but he could have at least had the nurse or receptionist come back and tell me they were running 40-50 minutes behind and given me the option to continue waiting or rescheduling. They acted like they didn't care. Our health care system has really gone down the toilet.

January 4th, 2012
Poor treatment
He declared I had a bacterial infection in my lungs, but chose to treat me for allergies. I'm supposed to come back in 2 days if no improvement...RIDICULOUS! He didn't listen when I spoke about how I felt.

December 13th, 2011
Confirming previous posts
Very negative experience with this doctor. He does not know how to effectively operate within the existing healthcare system and takes out his frustrations on his patients.

September 30th, 2011
Look elsewhere...
If I could give Dr. Hennelly less than 1 star for bedside manner and spending enough time with me, I would. His nursing assistant (checks weight, vitals) is one of the rudest medical "professionals" I have ever encountered. Dr. Hennelly is arrogant, closed-minded, spent less than 2 minutes examining me at my last visit, walked out the door as I was asking a question about my medication and told me to save it for my follow up visit. Also, he likes to schedule multiple followup visits for your issues...in what feels like an attempt to generate more business for the practice. With my last issue, he was thorough in trying to diagnose, but it was expensive and time consuming (copays for followups, time off work, time spent in pain while he was "diagnosing"). Overall I would not recommend Dr.Hennelly unless you have NO other options. I have been trying in vain to find another primary care provider who is taking new patients.

September 30th, 2011
Great Doctor! Dr. Hennelly is very professional

September 2nd, 2011
Would really like him to pay attention. Seems like he is so eager to get out the door and onto his next patient that you really don't feel heard.

July 13th, 2011
Waste of time and money
Comes across as friendly and interested ESP on your first visit but spends five minutes with you on subsequent apps and double books! Heard him going into patient in next cubicle at my allotted time slot then moving between us constantly. Won't take or respond to ph calls, leaves it up to patient to do the medical detective work and then only does the paperwork u request, doesn't look into anything or try determine what your health issue is... but VERY quick to ask u to keep coming back for unnecessary apps every few wks during which he again does nothing!!! Extremely unfriendly nurse leaves u waiting and as earlier review mentions, just forgets about you. Will NEVER waste my time there again!!

April 29th, 2011
Means well - but doesn't listen
He means well, but at times gives you the impression he either isn't listening to you or simply does not believe you. In particular, I had some difficulty getting a prescription filled. The pharmacy insisted I did not have any refills left; Dr. Hennelly and his office insisted I did. Mistakes happen, but they refused to call the pharmacy to attempt resolve the situation. Instead had a condescending attitude like I was trying to put one over on them. Again - means well; but doesn't listen.

April 2nd, 2011
Dr. Hennelly & Southwest Medical Associates
Even though there was a bit of a wait to see him, I understand that all office staff book patients as close together as possible. As far as the Doc, he's just about the best I've ever had. He's quick witted, very professional and actually has supporting documentation for anything you might have. (Myself, high cholesterol.) I would recommend him to anybody who needed a good Doc.