Dr. Michael Hightower Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Hightower?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Michael Hightower?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2012

Not happy with this doctor.

Finding a doctor these days who CARES about their patients is hard,and I have to say this one is snobby!

March 31st, 2012

Completely Displeased

Dr. Hightower treated me as though I was over exaggerating, did not listen to symptoms, ignored my persistent pain that went on for several months and as as result I suffered and lost months of my life stuck in bed with a heating pad. When my seasonal job called me back, I was unsure of how to return to work without some form of pain relief. I described symptoms to him that he then blamed on everything from IBS to appendix issues. I read an article about the pressure I was feeling in my bowels that was written by a competent OBGYN, who stated clearly that the ovarian cysts I was SUFFERING from could very easily cause. He stated several times that the 3.5 cm cysts on my right ovary "wasn't that big, not that bad." I told him when I went for that one that I was hurting on the left side as well, which he ignored, as he did most of what I said. It was discovered less than a month later that I had a 2.9 cm cyst on my left ovary. That was when he started saying that the pressure issues I was having, accompanied by the horrific pain, "Couldn't be anything gynecological." I asked how bad HIS ovarian cysts were, and he never answered. I would wake up from a dead sleep screaming in pain, be doubled over in tears for hours and felt as though he did not even listen to me for one minute. I live with chronic pain from fibromyalgia and other rheumatological issues everyday of my life and NOTHING has had me floored as much as these issues I went to him about. I've had several nurses and even a few other doctors tell me what they think of him, and to be completely honest, it wasn't a very high option of him. That, in and of itself, should speak volumes to his adequacy as a doctor. All the nights I cried myself to sleep, with my family begging me to go to the E.R., I should have listened. However, after seeing Dr. Hightower, I felt as though NO ONE would listen to me. I would never recommend ANYONE see this man. I'm not sure how an OBGYN couldn't know the symptoms that are often present with something as common as an ovarian cyst. Furthermore, I believe that no doctor, especially one who has never and will never go through what you are going through, should tell you "It's not that bad." It was for me. I was allowed to suffer immensely.

February 22nd, 2016