Internists

5620 Wilbur Ave
Ste 220
Tarzana, CA 91356
818-345-2828
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Beware!  |  show details
by Jean on Apr 12th, 2013

Please beware before seeing this physician. I have visited the office three times. The first visit, Dr Hirt had me thinking I was quite ill when I just came in to have my thyroid tested as I have a thyroid condition. It seems like he tested me for every disease he learned of in Medical School. He had me so concerned that I agreed. Thousands of dollars later, I am quite healthy but have a thyroid problem, which is what I told him during my first visit. He is a money driven doctor who cares little for his patients. I understand form friend who use to go to him that he use to be a decent doctor, that is until money became his driving force. He will sell you tons of his own vitamins and supplements, some I found on line for much cheaper. He markets the same supplements but has his label put on it and charges a whole lot more. It is one year later and I am still paying of the labs that he uses, which are out of state. Funny how he practices in one of the largest metropolitan cities consisting of major medical facilities and he sends his lab work out of state. One would wonder if he has his hands in this pocket as well. If you decide to go see him, please beware. He will scare the heck out of you, tricking you into a ton of lab tests that most insurance companies will not pay for.

Sep 17th, 2011

Great doctor as long as you don't have an emergency. He doesn't call patients back but has his staff call. They do not have any knowledge of your issues so don't expect to understand the doctor's diagnosis or treatment. The wait in the office to see him is about an hour. If you have low blood pressure expect it to be high when you leave.

Sep 8th, 2011

Dr Hirt has a very unique approach to health and obviously every doctor is not for every patient. You have to be on board with his concept and embrace the preventive medicine approach as opposed to treating symptoms with meds after the fact. This is not an office that practices a quick fix pill concept it is about a lifestyle routine. Believe me I have been to many doctors in my life time and Dr Hirt is very progressive in his thinking, intelligent, and most thorough. As with any office, there are employees that are friendly and committed, and those that are just collecting a paycheck,( these are the employees who eventually leave as the demands become too great.

|  I would never go to Dr. Hirt!!!!!  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

I had seen Dr. Hirt, having been recommended by friends and All I can say is I am so disappointed in how he runs his office and never returns his calls. Going to his office is so stressful and then he charges so much money for all his supplements. He also charges you out of pocket cash for the iv drips. I have never seen such a rip off in my life. This man is an integrative medical Dr.and after talking to friends who have seen him since he opened his practice many years ago they would never return today. I would recommemd finding another Dr. ASAP

|  Good in theory, not in practice  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

I had high hopes for Dr. Hirt. I knew a few people who had gone to him and were happy with the care they received. I first saw him years ago and went a couple of times before I stopped wanting to go. His emphasis on selling his own supplements was a turn-off, and the wait time at the office really bothered me. Years later, having forgotten what had bothered me about his office and not having found a new physician I liked better, I returned only to be even more disappointed. I waited so long for attention during my first physical that despite leaving ample time for my appointment before work, I was forced to rush through the actual care I finally received and was still a half hour late to work. I had to call every day for over a week and a half after my blood test results were due back to finally have someone call me with them. Over a month and a half after some other test results were due back in, I am still waiting for them and have called the office weekly to request them. I am always told that they'll get right on it. In addition, despite having suggested the possibility of my having a certain condition, when my blood tests came back with numbers that are red flags for this certain potentially serious condition, the results were completely glossed over by the nurse reading the results. The doctor never advised me to follow up on the test in any way, though he did recommend some supplements I could take to fill gaps in my nutrition and lose weight. After some internet research on what my numbers meant, I called one of the main doctors for the condition at Cedars Sinai, who consented to take my case because it sounded probable to him. Thankfully for Dr. Hirt, it turns out that I do not have this condition, but I had many indicators for it and should have been advised to get myself checked. His holistic approach sounds good on paper, but it has devolved into the fix-a-symptom mentality of so many other doctors, rather than digging deeper to get to the causes of health problems. I think he has too many patients to provide adequate and attentive care for all of them. I encourage Dr. Hirt to reevaluate the way he runs his practice and return to his Integrative Medicine roots.

Mar 28th, 2011

I have seen dozens and dozens of doctors in my life and Dr Michael Hirt is the BEST I have ever had the pleasure (and calling a doctor visit a pleasure is just wrong) of calling my Primary Physician.

|  Best doctor  |  show details
by Linda Starr on Jan 26th, 2010

The very best of Eastern and Western medicine. Highest credentials. I have not found any other doctor who equals what he offers.