inactive

Michael R Hohnadel DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 14th, 2016
Wait, wait, wait!
Too long of a wait, Staff has extremely poor office policy. They wait until you are there before they verify insurance. Staff doesn't care how long you have to wait. Over-scheduled!

October 12th, 2015
Knife happy
after waiting 1.5 hrs. In the waiting room, way over booked, his treatment of simple Basal Cells is a giant 3" incision, the same incision a doctor would do for a Melanoma! He will usually only remove 1 or maybe 2 lesions at a time because he doesn't get paid enough for the 2nd and 3rd one!! I have ha to go back 4 times! I have has Basal Cells removed before, maybe 7 others and they were never removed this radically. Won't be going back.

June 18th, 2015
A parasite, not just a skin condition. Doctor was too busy to study it.
Too many clients. I basically was told that it would not go away and the medicine was the best there was and it was something that is seen on others. This was false. I have found that it was a parasite that the biopsy did not find. Why? I don't know for it was easily found my me own self and the use of microscope.

June 8th, 2015
He is an excellent doctor but will not spend a lot of time with you, so have your questions ready. He has a very busy practice and stays on the move between examining rooms. Everyone I have sent to him has recommended him to others with great results.

February 22nd, 2015
Retired
I have about five years experience with Dr. Hohnadel due to working and playing outside. He has removed cancers several different ways and has me on three to six months check ups now with the cancers all in remission. He is a no nonsense doctor getting to work and keeping the waiting patients flowing through his office for treatment. There is some pain to be expected with operations which he does some in office. He is willing to send a patient to a more qualified doctor is necessary. We are fortunate to have such a talented and specialist doctor in Brownsville. I have experience with doctor as am a surviving pancreatic cancer patient for two plus years with a list of doctors and hospitals.

August 8th, 2014
Staff
Doctor Hohnadel is amazing he actually tries everything to figure out what the problem is and he is so nice. The one thing I disliked very much was the office manager she was extremely rude and made me feel very uncomfortable and embarrassed in front of the other patients. I hope not to see her the next time I return.

August 22nd, 2011
I was very happy with this doctor. He took care of serious basal cell carcinoma on my face. He did major cutting and left me absolutely scarless. Great follow-up, as well. I'm thrilled he came in town when he did and was able to treat me. Time in the office with him was plenty and thoughtful; he answered ALL of my questions and gave me good information. However, I believe that we are our own best health advocates, and he happens to be a D. O. that responds positively to a patient that asks educated questions and expects to be treated with repect and he will give you the time for which you need - provided you ASK for it. My spouse and I both continue to see him twice a year for full-body scans (we know we need them, where others may not).

October 21st, 2009
Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable.Cured a major facial area for me.Cured a growth on my husbands' leg, which another doctor had treated and only made worse.

September 14th, 2009
Awful!
I had to be transferred between offices for appointments. Once I get there, I wait 40 minutes for him to come in for 2 minutes to not even look at the problem and leave. I had to pay up front, which now I understand why, he does not do anything! Awful doctor!