Dr. Michael Horwath MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Reston, VA

no change

September 6th, 2012
A doctor's doctor
Doctor Horwath is unique in that he knows what he'd doing, he can explain it in plan english and he takes the time to make sure the messsage is understood. I highly recommend him

January 21st, 2012
Pituitary Tumor
This Dr. is the best we ever had.He talks WITH us ...not AT us.Always wants to explain conditions and make sure we were comfortable with them.Always decides on the correct testing that is needed.Never is in a hurry to get us out of his office...always takes the time needed...which is the important for every patient...like us.

January 4th, 2012
This Dr. didn't want to hear any of my symptoms - I've had a total thyroidectomy and even though my bloodwork showed that my thyroid levels were okay I was still having several hypo-thyroid symptoms (weight gain, chronic fatigue, brain fog, painfully dry skin0. At the time I went to my appt to discuss this with the dr. he told me that it must be in my head and that I should seek assistance from a mental health physician to assist me with stress management. If you want a doctor to treat your symptoms and not your labs I would strongly recommend going elsewhere.

December 15th, 2011
Great Doctor but he rushes
I love Dr. Horwath just wish he would slow down during visits. Leaves you feeling rushed, hurried and wondering if he left something out. Would be awesome if receptionists would greet you with a smile and a hello and make you feel welcome there when you walk in. When I call the office the staff is much more pleasant. Good doctor just needs to stop and smell the roses. Worry about him being in such a rush. He is a super guy!

May 17th, 2011
While it is true that he stays up on current research, he doesn't seem to want to believe anything not pushed by a drug company. He does not really understand how diet works in people with diabetes, and will argue with you about it (even when you are getting results not seen with his advice). That said, he doesn't play games and will not sugar coat what he believes to be the truth, and I appreciate his honesty. Just need a doc who can think outside the prescription bottle!

April 21st, 2011
Exceptional doctor. Takes time explaining everything. Best doctor I have had dealing with type 1 diabetes.

November 30th, 2010
One of the best Doctors I have met
I have a reare genetic disorder, Homocystinuria. Dr. Horwath is very knowledgeable , compassionate and actually takes an interest in my health issues. This indicates to me that he treats all his patients the same. The staff is curteous. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

June 9th, 2010
Caring compassionate doctor
Dr Horwath is treating me post removal of my thyroid for cancer. He is so caring and so compassionate. He is very well read and current on the latest treatment options. He knows his stuff. I do wish he would slow down a little bit, but he does stop to answer any specific questions I have. I feel very cared for when I see him. I highly recommend him.

December 26th, 2009
strange
rushes you in and out and doesnt seem to really listen or care