A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. L Michael Howell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Howell graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Howell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Meritcare Health System
- Meritcare South University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Howell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 1 plan