Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  He did a wonderful job on my revised hip replacement surgery  |  show details
by Del Pavlik on Apr 9th, 2014

If you have hip pain...read on! I had a hip replacement five years ago by another doctor and was always in pain. I saw a few other doctors about revised surgery but was told the second surgery was worse. I saw Dr. Hubers and he did the revision. The procedure was so much easier than my first surgery. I have no pain and my hip feels just like my unoperated hip.

|  Nothing short of awesome!  |  show details
by Amy Mc on Jan 22nd, 2014

I went undiagnosed with hip dysplagia my entire life until a 3 day hospitalization led my general doctor to request (one of the best) ortho docs to look at my x rays since the case was stumping them. It was at this time that Dr. Michael J. Hubers diagnosed me and had explained in great detail how I was born this way, what occurs to the joint in patients with this condition, and why eventually total hip replacement is needed and that its best to wait as long as possible and be conservative in treatment. He explained countermeasures and set up steroid injections to get me out of hospital and back at it again but it didnt work as we might have thought. Im very fortunate to say Dr. Hubers will now be performing right total hip replacement on me. I already feel empowered by his diagnoses and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I will warn you it is incredibly difficult to see him in a timely fashion but when you do get your appointment with him you feel like you are his only patient. He takes the time with you. This doctor is in demand because he is worth the wait. Id also say, I wouldnt want to be anywhere other than the ortho floor of Beaumont either. Best doc and best nurses. Cant wait for my surgery date!

by Rick R on Jun 1st, 2013

Dr, Hubers came very highly recommended by friends in the medical field and now I know why. My results have been nothing less than amazing. Please don't expect these same results...I have been told by Beaumont PT and OT that my recovery has been beyond exceptional. I was discharged from the hospital less than 48 hours after my total hip replacement and I was able to walk on my own completely unassisted by a walker or a cane. Again DO NOT expect these results! Through Beaumont's Sola Life and Fitness I was provided a pre operative workout that I worked hard at it for four weeks prior to my surgery... this along with a very talented surgical team made all the difference in the world for me. I am now 5 days post op and I am experiencing very little pain and fatigue. I am being very careful to follow my hip precautions which will continue for six weeks and not to over exert myself. But imagine my elation with being able to be semi independent and mobile. Beaumont offers their hip and knee surgery patients a 3 hour HOPE class prior to the surgery which covers all aspects of the process - pre op, surgery, post op and recovery. I strongly recommend this class it was very thorough and for me covered every question and concern that I had. I am feeling very blessed by how well everything has gone for me and thankful for my trainer, for Dr. Hubers, and the Beaumont surgical and recovery teams that worked with me.

|  Thanks!  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

Had terrible hip pain for years. Dr. did my total hip and now I am a new man! I can walk, golf, bowl and even ski! It's a miracle! Thanks so much!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

One of the best around. I know many people who work at Beaumont and they say he does the most difficult cases... Probably the best total hip and knee surgeon there they say...

Jul 13th, 2012

Excellent. Had severe problem with unstable total knee and Dr. Hubers knew exactly what was wrong with it and how to fix it! I had suffered for 2-3 years and seen about 4 other orthopaedic surgeons who said I was fine and just had to live with it. Thanks so much!

Apr 24th, 2011

Very kind and caring....reputation is impeccable as to his surgical skills. I saw 3-4 other surgeons and they just said work harder and do therapy even though my total knee was not right. Dr. Hubers knew very quickly what was wrong and had the skills to fix it. I am great now!! Thanks so much!!!

Jan 17th, 2011

Very good....kind and caring....extremely skilled. Had seen another so called expert in the area with a big reputation and had a poor outcome...Dr. Hubers fixed my problem. He has done more revisions than just about anyone. My friends at Beaumont tell me he fixes everyone else's screwups!!

|  great doctor  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2010

dr. hubers is a good, caring doctor. he visited me in the recovery room. my hospital stay was 4 days. he saw me on my second day, in the evening, exhausted after a surgery. i had problems with pain meds...he came to see how i was doing with that. i didnt expect him to see me every day. but if i had a problem he seemed to be all over it.

|  Disapointed  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2010

Easy to get an appointment. Wait time to see the doctor in the room was over 45 minutes. Discussion was not very satisfactory. Told me to give it a few weeks and if it didn't get better to call his staff and set up a surgery date. It didn't get better. I called and followed up a week after the first call and have still not heard back from them. I am very disapointed in their professionalism. Some feedback would have been appreicated.