Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

2 Dudley St
Ste 200
Providence, RI 02905
401-457-1530
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book.
 |  Dr Hulstyn - the best and most professional!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I just had Dr Hulstyn repair my torn lateral meniscus. (7 days ago) He and his Staff are ultra professional! I never dealt with a PA. I only dealt with him. He even saw me for the pre-op and post-op appointments. No one can believe how well I am doing!! I never had any swelling! Leah and Kim in his office are outstanding. Rhode Island Hospital was awesome/clean. From my IV going in painlessly to being taken out via wheelchair to my car it can not have gone smoother. I am almost 54. I look forward to getting back to my hard cardio workouts and skiing. I had gone to another practice before going to Dr Hulstyn. On the day of my appt to decide if I was going to have surgery - they scheduled me to see the PA. Sorry - that was not going to happen. I canceled the appt with that doctor. I am so happy I made the switch. Always go with your gut! I told Dr Hulstyn that he did an amazing job. He complimented the RIH nursing staff and just smiled. He is the BEST!!!! I could go on and on. I must have been asked 20 times which knee was being operated on. They do that on purpose. Dr Hulstyn put his "signature" on my right knee. I never had any fear that they would operate on the wrong knee. I never had swelling/drainage or anything. PS I am a nurse! :) Oh - did I say Dr Hulstyn is amazing? I think you might get the idea!!!

|  Great doc  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

I got an appt within hours after my injury,doc explained all likely causes of pain and followed up immediately after MRI reslts. Easy to deal with and great credentials.

|  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

Excellent surgeon. Had 2 family members who both had successful surgeries with him. I highly recommend him to anyone.

|  ACL repair  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 10th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Hulstyn is well respected and valued as a surgeion . He is the best in the state of rhode island. He follows up on your surgery the ve...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  A great one for children!  |  show details
by Terilyn D. at Judy`sBook on Jul 11th, 2005 on judysbook.com

My daughter had pain in her legs for about six years and I was told time and time again by podiatrists it was just "growing pains". And her pediatrician said she is just over exaggerating. Well I was very insistent with my pediatrician to s...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com