Dr. Michael Hulstyn MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Providence, RI

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2012
Dr Hulstyn - the best and most professional!
I just had Dr Hulstyn repair my torn lateral meniscus. (7 days ago) He and his Staff are ultra professional! I never dealt with a PA. I only dealt with him. He even saw me for the pre-op and post-op appointments. No one can believe how well I am doing!! I never had any swelling! Leah and Kim in his office are outstanding. Rhode Island Hospital was awesome/clean. From my IV going in painlessly to being taken out via wheelchair to my car it can not have gone smoother. I am almost 54. I look forward to getting back to my hard cardio workouts and skiing. I had gone to another practice before going to Dr Hulstyn. On the day of my appt to decide if I was going to have surgery - they scheduled me to see the PA. Sorry - that was not going to happen. I canceled the appt with that doctor. I am so happy I made the switch. Always go with your gut! I told Dr Hulstyn that he did an amazing job. He complimented the RIH nursing staff and just smiled. He is the BEST!!!! I could go on and on. I must have been asked 20 times which knee was being operated on. They do that on purpose. Dr Hulstyn put his "signature" on my right knee. I never had any fear that they would operate on the wrong knee. I never had swelling/drainage or anything. PS I am a nurse! :) Oh - did I say Dr Hulstyn is amazing? I think you might get the idea!!!

February 12th, 2012
Great doc
I got an appt within hours after my injury,doc explained all likely causes of pain and followed up immediately after MRI reslts. Easy to deal with and great credentials.

March 29th, 2011
Excellent surgeon. Had 2 family members who both had successful surgeries with him. I highly recommend him to anyone.

April 23rd, 2015