Dr. Michael Hulton Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Michael Hulton?

a student nurse anesthetist's experience

Posted on February 5th, 2010

I recently had to have a procedure which required general anesthesia. As you can imagine, being a student nurse anesthetist, I had plenty of questions and much trepidation about receiving general (though, I've had surgery under general many times, now I know what's going on!)Dr. Hulton was marvelous and answered my questions on a level that I was interested--as a fellow anesthesia provider. We discussed everything from what he was planning on using for induction, for maintenance, which inhalational anesthesia he was planningo n using and why. We also spoke at length about what I thought was a good course to prevent post op nausea, and he suggested some other things...one of the last things I remember as I was being induced was a dialogue that took place bettween Dr. Hulton and the circulating nurse, and let's just say I felt reassured that a competent and caring provider was at the helm. If I have to ever have another procedure, I'm going to request Dr. Hulton sleep me again; he's great.

Posted on December 21st, 2010