Urologist

Summarily Dismissed show details Summarily Dismissed
Jun 30th, 2012

So I re-visit Dr. Hyman about nocturnal urinary incontinence to see what he could do to help. (I am in my 70's and have been living with Parkinson's Disease for over a decade. After reviewing my current medication, he raised his head with a tight jaw, a grimace and red face. He then shook his head, rolled his chair back and away from me and my wife and as he closed the file said "No, I'm sorry. There isn't anything I can do." He stood up and left the room, leaving my wife and I dumbfounded that he offered NO SOLUTION except continued bed wetting and more night"s with little to no sleep. This doctor seems to have forgotten parts of the Hippocratic Oath: I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.; I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

Oct 21st, 2010

First doctor's office I've been in that I felt I should run out of. I went in for one procedure and the 'nurses' were prepping me for 2. They thought I was a different patient! All the nurses go in and out of patient rooms while you are waiting for the doctor. For your urinalysis you get stuck in the restroom as the pocket door sticks (they have a sign up to tell you how to get out). The Doctor apologizes for problems but doesn't seem to really care. RUN!

Aug 18th, 2010

Excellent physician, great bedside manner, very caring. Really took care of my problem and was avery professional and nice.