3.0

Aug 27th, 2015

The worst. His staff is incompetent and he has terrible bedside manner, constantly violating HIPPA by discussing his other "high-end" patients and bragging about himself. Sent a blonde nurse who knew absolutely nothing to sell me products and treatments

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Desiree Gould on Aug 21st, 2015

Great Dermatologist with warm bedside manner. Prompt and excellent diagnostician. I highly recommend Dr. Michael Jacobs.

Jun 23rd, 2014

The best dermatologist that you can see in the state of New York. They were very courteous about booking in appointments and was able to get a date that works best with my schedule. The waiting room is quite enjoyable...artwork everywhere and magazines to read over while waiting. Although there is not much wait time. I was seen and diagnosed correctly and was able to come back for a follow up without delay. The staff was also very courteous and kind. They were very attentive and helpful in answering my questions. I would recommend this office to any of my relatives and friends.

Jun 12th, 2014

Great staff!

Would not recommend Dr. Michael Jacobs show details Would not recommend Dr. Michael Jacobs
Jan 21st, 2014

v

Feb 9th, 2013

Dr Jacobs diagnosed a problem I had and put me at ease with what before I saw him was very stressful...he was 1000% on target with his diagnosis!

Jun 19th, 2012

After a very long wait--I was told there would be none--I was rushed through, with procedures done without my adequate consent. And the bill was shocking!

Cheap Service for an Expensive Price show details Cheap Service for an Expensive Price
Apr 17th, 2012

I was very disgruntled at the service in this facility, as other reviewers stated before, the bill was expensive and the service cheap. I also don't need four people staring down at me while I am half undressed for a skin exam, is he not competent enough to do it by himself or with just one other assistant. And please ask before you snap pictures of my body, thanks.

Wrong Diagnsis show details Wrong Diagnsis
Feb 11th, 2012

The nurses and front desk were pleasant, I just was not happy with the bill at the end. It was a shocker. My diagnosis was inaccurate, was told that I had warts. My second opinion MD biopsied them, it was actually skin cancer.

One Star Rating too High show details One Star Rating too High
Jan 18th, 2012

One star is too high a rating, wish there was an option to give no stars. Extremely dissatisfied.

Save yourself hundreds of dollars and time..see another doctor! show details Save yourself hundreds of dollars and time..see another doctor!
Dec 7th, 2011

See a doctor who takes your insurance or make sure you are fully aware of the obscene, overinflated charges in advance. Don't walk in there blind, you'll be taken for your whole wallet.

Very Disappointed show details Very Disappointed
Dec 1st, 2011

I went to Dr. Jacobs while suffering with a severe rash. He ignored the rash and concentrated on testing for skin cancer. He finally prescribed something for the rash that didn't work. I went to another dermatologist for treatment of the rash. Dr. Jacobs just wasted my time.

frustration at the doctors show details frustration at the doctors
Nov 7th, 2011

had to wait one hour and a half, by that time I had another appointment and had to come back a second time. I shouldn't have based on the wait but he was recommended. The second time I was told there wouldnt be a wait because he comes back from lunch. I waited 20 minutes and then when he finally saw me I said I had to go the to bathroom and he then took another patient and made we wait again. When I called the office they had said that they take Medicare. When I left his office they had me pay and said that they would send it in. I do not recommend this doctor

What's wrong with the other reviewers?! show details What's wrong with the other reviewers?!
Oct 9th, 2011

This doc is the best at the worst stuff-no wonder his waiting room is full..get over it--you just don't want to wait in the waiting room!

Aug 25th, 2011

Brilliant diagnostician, careful with cosmetic procedures.

Amazing Diagnostician show details Amazing Diagnostician
Jan 3rd, 2011

Dr. Jacobs diagnosed my discoid lupus when no other physician could determine the cause of a reoccurring rash on my body. He is an incredibly kind and thorough doctor who always takes time to answer any questions I have. He is courteous, knowledgeable and I couldn't be more pleased with his care.

Mar 6th, 2010

he is truly an amazing doctor