Dr. Michael Insler MD Patient Reviews

3.3

January 5th, 2017
Scam
THIS IS A SCAM!!!! I had corrective lasik eye surgery done for astigmatism and close up vision. I chose the mono vision at first my eyesight was good. Here it is a year and half later I have blurry vision. I've been back for my yearly which cost me $99. Now I had 2 follow up visits they keep trying to blame it on glaucoma and cataracts. I went to my optometrist she did test for glaucoma. I even went for the advance testing for glaucoma she found no glacoma anywhere. As far as cataracts my eye doctor only found a hint of one which she said would be later down the line that it would need to that surgery . The Doctors at Lasik Vision Institute Dr Wilbur and Dr Gregory says that's what is affecting my eyesight she stated that cataract surgery would not be necessary at this time. They keep avoiding or not wanting to do anything about correcting this. I paid $2600 for this surgery with no satisfaction.I went back they found that my right eye set for distance is 20/40 and set me up on January 4th to have it corrected . I got the prescriptions they ordered for me when I got down there they had me come in for 11 am set me up to go into the lasik room at 12:30 .Then the doctor to come in an told he didn't want to do that correction and wanted me to a agree to have my left eye that was set for reading to be redone for distance. Which Dr Gregory demanded to have this done instead of correcting the right eye.Then wanted me to come back in 6 months to see if it was necessary to do the surgery.. Dr Insler is very rude and thinks he is above everyone might say a bit of smug. I wish I'd done my research the reviews I have read have been bad reviews also for simular problems all over the United States now I still have to wear glasses and and the Doctors at the Lasik Institute are avoiding the matter all together.

September 1st, 2016
Highly Impresaed
Dr. Insler did a great job. My vision is 20/15 now and I can see perfectly. His bedside manner is great, very comforting, and excellent at what he does. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone!

June 13th, 2016
Traumatic Experience
I saw Dr. Insler for Lasik last week. I sat up from the procedure crying hysterically. I felt EVERYTHING he was doing and when i told him this during the procedure he just laughed and said, "we should start videoing these procedures." He kept jerking my head up and telling me to keep it still. (Hard to do when you are in pain.) All of the staff agreed with me that he was an a**hole and they said they try to make up for it by being extra nice.

January 22nd, 2016
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Very rude, no bedside manner. Nothing like handing $4+k to an AZZHOLE. Even my laid-back hubby thought he was a jerk. Got the "premium" HD, custom, life time warranty lasik. Failed in under 5 years. One eye +1 other one is -1. Before procedure both were near-sighted. My eye doctor now, said this should have never happened and will make sure none of his patients sees Insler.

October 15th, 2015
Upset
Prior to surgery I was 20/40 now I am currently 20/200 I cannot drive now !! Thanks to Laser Vision Institute and Dr. Michael Insler