Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Akerman
Dr. Michael Akerman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with another office in Bronx, NY. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Akerman is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center, Woodhull Medical & Mental Health Center and University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Akerman has the following 4 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs,...
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Dr. Michael Akerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.
Dr. Juan Cruzatte
Brooklyn, NY 0.01 mi39
Dr. Mark Watson Jr
Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine
Brooklyn, NY 0.01 mi17
Dr. Marie-Alex Michel
Nephrology, Internal Medicine
Brooklyn, NY 0.01 mi26