A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Akerman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Akerman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Akerman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Akerman graduated from University of Rochester . He has 1 awards.
Dr. Akerman has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
- Woodhull Medical/Mental Hlth Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akerman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 15 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Evercare - 9 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Haitian Creole
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Akerman practice?
Dr. Michael Akerman practices Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists, Brooklyn Geriatric Doctors, Brooklyn Critical Care Practitioners, Brooklyn Pulmonologists, and Brooklyn Obstetricians & Gynecologists.