A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Akerman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Akerman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akerman
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Akerman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Akerman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Akerman graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Akerman has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University South
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
- Haitian Creole
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Jerry Howard Akerman MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Akerman practice?
- Dr. Michael Akerman has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Akerman practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists, Brooklyn Pulmonologists, Brooklyn Geriatric Doctors, and Brooklyn Critical Care Practitioners.