A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Ball:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Ball is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Ball, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ball graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Ball has 18 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary's Hospital of Richmond
- Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ball accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Ball practice?
Dr. Michael Ball practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Mechanicsville, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Richmond, VA and Powhatan, VA.
See Mechanicsville Internists and Mechanicsville Cardiologists.