Dr. Michael Collins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Collins?

7 Ratings with 1 Comment

April 16th, 2013

Avoid Dr. Collins and his money-focused practice

I saw Dr. Collins via a referral for my injured knee. Get ready to be processed through the "mill" when you visit Dr. Collins. At least a 45-minute wait. Then, they tell you "the doctor won't see you unless you have a series of x-rays." Wait a minute, I thought he SHOULD see you first to see if the x-rays are even necessary. I guess his few minutes of time are more valuable than the unnecessary radiation exposure. After explaining I didn't want the x-rays, I was sort of "forced" into it to be able to see Dr. Collins. They took at least three different images. Dr. Collins came into the examination room, viewed exactly ONE image and said, "I don't see anything here, you need an MRI. I'll have one written up." I tried to get him to do a full examination. He barely looked at me. He didn't spend more than 60 seconds with me before standing up and heading for the door. THEN I GET THE BILL FOR IMAGING. $420! BCBS covers all but $126. I made my case with Hinsdale Orthopaedics why I thought the whole process and bill was wrong. It was a battle. I should never have had to do that. They gave in...but "banished" me from the practice. Feeling was mutual. Then, when it came to having my MRI, his office refused to authorize the pre-certification. Nice. All that for nothing.

May 25th, 2016