A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Garvey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Garvey
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Garvey Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Garvey, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Garvey graduated from Stanford University.
Dr. Garvey has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- Cedars Sinai Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Jerome Garvey MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Garvey practice?
- Dr. Michael Garvey has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Garvey practices Psychiatry near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Psychiatrists.