Overall Review

June 23rd, 2016
Greatest DO in Bangor area
I just love Dr Gilmore, I have sent numerous family members to him and several clients. They all love him too!

July 28th, 2015
Prepare yourself for the most contradicting, self assured, incompetent medical advice yet to spew this world. Bedside manor is no question for Michael Gilmore, but is a waste of his time. Constantly reassuring patients that his practice is by far the greatest in Maine; which sadly, is only displayed by his overwhelming love for self and neglect for those in need. If you are seeking his doctoral attention, do not be surprised when told his time is precious and a misdiagnosed/mistreated patient sits awaiting his medical enlightenment, only to be denied a fighting chance.

August 29th, 2014
He is very thorough and listens to the patient. Great Doctors not many out there as good as he is. Transferring to him immediately. Was referred by a friend who also thought he was awesome!

November 4th, 2012
Wellness
I had been feeling exhausted for 10 years or more. Other doctors told me I was deficient in iron but that it shouldn't make me feel this bad. The defiance was not that low. Upon seeing dr Gilmore he took the time to listen to me and did in depth lab work. My issue turned out to be thyroid which other docs only did 1 type of test for and were not catching and it was also hormonal. Since starting on supplements and a prescription, I am a different person. I have so much more energy. I can stay awake past 8:00 at night and clean my I recommend dr Gilmore to family and friends.

March 19th, 2012
He really cares
Instead of telling me what was wrong, he asked me lots of questions, listened to me, and knew my history. This is the kind of doctor that has no ego issue if you need to see someone else, his concern is your health.If you want a simple pill pusher instead of a true medical professional you are at the wrong place. If you want a doctor concerned over YOU instead of his own opinions, you are at the right place.

June 20th, 2011
Dr. Distrusts Medicine
Although Dr. Gilmore seemed to be a knowledgeable physician, he did not seem particularly interested in me, or my health concerns. Rather then listen to my concerns or answer my questions, he instead frequently interrupted me while I was describing symptoms, and spent most of the time trying to convince me of the evils of cultivated grains, and the failings of modern medicine. He continued on to discuss how everyone north of Georgia is deficient in vitamin D, but luckily his office could sell me supplements to fix that (despite me being, in his own words, "fit as a fiddle"), and also his hope that one day he can quit his life as a physician so he can focus on peddling supplements and providing alternative care.Unfortunately, my wife did not fare much better during her physical (although she did manage to avoid the sermon against grains). She had recently pinched a nerve in her neck, and the D.O. on call at her job had performed a manipulation which aggravated it so much as to send my wife to the ER for pain medications and x-rays hardly two weeks earlier. Upon hearing this, Dr. Gilmore repeatedly tried to convince my wife that HE could do the manipulation correctly, without bothering to determine WHY the nerve was pinched in the first place.From our experiences with Dr. Gilmore, neither my wife nor I would trust him as our family doctor. He told each of us, separately, that he wishes to stop practicing medicine soon, and instead focus on selling supplements and performing osteopathic manipulations exclusively. Quite frankly, we both agree that he should stop practicing medicine if he thinks so lowly of it.