Michael M Hall, MD

Encompass Medical Group Pa
373 W 101st Ter
Kansas City, MO 64114
816-942-8200
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy  |  show details
by tao on Sep 11th, 2014

My doc just recommended Dr. Hall. I do hope he gets me an appointment fast. I suffer from RSD (reflex sympathtic dysrophy) or CRPS in both my legs. This additional injury to my r prominent hand and arm has been horrific. Trying to find a doctor to get into immediately has been a nightmare. Because the RSD may spread Im scared that it might be too late to keep it out of my arm. i know any surgery could be a bust for me but i dont want to loose function of my arm. i will update to how long for initial exam to the point where this goes. I pray for the best and that Dr. Hall has researched RSD with at least some contact with the experts or the RSDA.org Jim Broach prior to muy appointment. I would hate an exam to come back negative because of a misinformed physician only to pay out going elsewhere. I certainly expect the best appointment as all of you have indicated, HALL IS THE BEST! Its difficult to get in to see the best before the injury worsens. Pray someone heals so they cancel their appointment so i can get in().

|  Dr. Hall will take good care of you - if you let him.  |  show details
by Linda D on Aug 10th, 2014

This year (2014), Dr. Hall performed carpal tunnel release procedures on both of my hands. I had no complications and a very quick recovery. For one surgery, I needed no post-surgery pain killers and used prescription pain killers for one day following the other surgery. I attribute the excellent recovery to Dr. Hall's attention to detail, careful process and overall excellent care for his patients. I have a high level of trust in Dr. Hall (which is fairly unusual for me). Why? Dr. Hall will tell you what you need to hear - whether you want to hear it or not. He doesn't play games and will tell you straight up if tests and his evaluation indicate you need (or don't need) surgery. Unlike other doctors, he doesn't lean toward surgery unless you need it. I have recommended him to several co-workers and family and will go see him if I ever again have hand/shoulder problems. Dr. Hall rocks in my book.

|  MD Hall  |  show details
by Tim Mitchell on Aug 7th, 2014

I wanted to take a minute of my time to express my thanks to Dr. Hall. I had surgery performed on both my left and right hands at different times by Dr. Hall and his professionalism his overall concerned for my well-being as a patient and most important he listen to what I had to say and answered those concern’s

|  READ ME  |  show details
by Seth the Cop on Aug 7th, 2014

Congrats. Your reading this because I put 1 star. Well, at least your doing your research! The other 1 star's are going to tell you that Dr. Hall is terrible. They will speak to his lack of bed side manor or curtness. They will insist that he is the worst doctor you could ever visit and to find someone else. They're right. Kinda. -Find someone else- If you are seeking medical help in hope of defrauding the company you work for, DON'T GO to Dr. Hall. You'll read that almost every other 1 star review mentions something to this extent. It appears that Dr. Hall is one of those kind of men with so much integrity that he will call you out on your BS. Oh, and if you get an attitude or throw around belligerence, your going to find that Dr. Hall is more then capable of putting you in your place. Look up the Honey Badger on youtube... He kinda reminds me of that if you piss him off. -For those of you who really want to get better- This guy is freaking AWESOME! This is the type of doctor you see if you want to get better. He's direct and willing to work with you until your questions are answered, taking the time you need to ensure your comfortable. I must admit, the fact that we sat and visited was impressive because all the other doctors I've ever seen treated me like a number -In for 5 min and out, regardless of my issue. Dr. Hall acted like he had all the time in the world. -Why the one star?- By now you've figured that he deserves 4 stars. He does. I just figured I'd sucker you into reading this post. He can take the 1 star hit... Point is- go to this guy if your really wanting to get better. Don't go to this guy if your trying to make money off of someone else when your not really hurt. Oh, and don't call him an A-hole... he'll throw you out, and don't fuss at his office staff... When your waiting and someone starts in on his office staff, have the guts to yell at that person... Now, call and make an appointment, then look up the honey badger on youtube- (mind the language and keep children out of earshot)

by Pat G. on Jul 31st, 2014

Excellent experience. Dr. Hall is very meticulous and skilled. Staff at Encompass are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend in a heartbeat.

|  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
by Nicole B. on Jun 6th, 2014

Dr. Hall took the crumbs that were left after I broke my wrist and reconstructed it. My wrist works better than I ever expected it to. If you need orthopedic surgery on your wrist or carpal tunnel surgery on your hand, see Dr. Hall.

|  Knows his stuff!!  |  show details
by Bruce Turrell on Apr 30th, 2014

I broke a bone in my right hand due to a freak accident and saw Dr. Hall in late January. He ended up having to operate on the bone in early February. When entering the office at Encompass Medical Group it is impossible to miss all of the "Best Of" awards Dr. Hall has received for his work over the years. It gives a person a sense of comfort in knowing you are being helped by one of the best. His work on my bone and resetting it was nothing less that artistic medicine at its best. Dr. Hall is very knowledgeable about his subject and knows what he is doing. Great job Dr. Hall you're awesome!!

Doctor's Response

Im going to make this generalized to also those who so kindly responded on this site. Thank you. I can't express in words how your words brighten my day and justify my job. I don't wake up in the morning with the intent to go to work and upset you. I go to work with the intent to make you better so you don't have to repeatedly spend your time and money to fix the same problem. I will everything in my power to do so. This is the only site on the internet which gives me the ability to respond easily like this. After 22 years I've come to the conclusion that 2% of the population will ruin my day. Unfortunately, these people also have the ability to lambaste me and do so with malice and anonymously. I don't claim to be perfect but I do my best I can to accomplish that. I try to learn from my mistakes. Im sorry to those work comp patients ( creators of 98% of my negative responses) who don't like the fact that I have to follow the laws of the state of Kansas and Missouri to determine whether or not their job is secondary to their job. I take care of significantly more than I don't with the same zeal and concern as my regular patients. I fix their problems so they can get them back to work which is why the program exists in the first place and is why judges of those states insist on me doing so. Again thank you

|  My experience  |  show details
by Cindy H. on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Hall has done several corrective surgeries on my wrist following a serious automobile accident. He has always been an exteremly compassionate doctor. His work is excellent, his knowledge of orthopaedics is exemplary and I was very pleased with his bedside manner. I have taken my son to him following a football injury and referred two friends to him with complete confidence. He would be my first choice for a doctor/surgeon if ever a future need for his specialty ever arose again.

|  Believes in Options  |  show details
by Jodi V. on Mar 2nd, 2014

He's a confident genius! His belief in his recommended course of treatment instills belief that a full recovery is possible. A full commitment to partnering with his plan is essential if you want the outcom that is in your best interest. How do I know this? Here's my testimony... I went o Dr. Hall after a recent saggital band rupture (tore the tendon on the knuckle of my middle finger). It was 3 weeks after the onset of injury. Dr. Hall said he typically surgically repairs such tears immediately after it occurs, but since it was 3 weeks post-injury, he wanted to CAST IT for 2 weeks, to keep the joint still. Once the cast came off, I was not able to make a fist. He said, "We'll give it a week. If it's not better, then we have to do surgery." He advised to gently and gradually attempt to make a fist while having the hand in warm water. And, he added, "I believe you'll do it." I did just as suggested, and over a course of 5-7 days, I was able to not only have full range of motion back in my hand/finger again, but also had no pain and was back to typing reports with ease. So, what could have been a total of 12 weeks of treatment, recovery, and scar tissue from surgery, ended up only being 3 weeks of treatment without needless surgery. Do not let mistake his bedside manner as arrogant, as he merely has a quiet/staightforward confidence in his knowledge and abilities in his area of expertise. And wouldn't any patient prefer confidence over some clown who tries to win you over with a goofy personality? Dr. Hall is the upper extremity specialist to see and put your trust in! I'm living proof that his instincts are spot-on, and his methods are sound.

|  Best there is !  |  show details
by Robert H. on Jan 20th, 2014

I have had three different sugeries by Dr. Hall all have had fantastic results. He is cautious in his evaluation and then aggressive if it does mean surgery is needed. He has a great since of humor, his staff is simply the best there is.

|  Dr. Hall is Outstanding and Highly Recommend!  |  show details
by Tim Wollesen on Jan 13th, 2014

Dr. Hall has operated on both of my hands in the last 10 years. Both times I had an excellent experience from appointments, diagnosis. pre-op, operations, post op follow ups. I would recommend him to anyone!

by Mark liewer on Jan 6th, 2014

Doctor hall explained things well. Took time to answer questions in terms that I could understand. Did a wonderful job on my wrist,and had a good sense of humor. Thank you doctor Hall!

|  Subacromial smoothing and acromioplasty experience  |  show details
by Joan H, on Jan 2nd, 2014

Surgical aftermath bearable; healing progressing well. Use of shoulder/arm better than expected.

|  Conservative, Confident Care  |  show details
by Monte B. on Dec 16th, 2013

I've had the benefit of Dr. Michael M. Hall's diagnostic and surgery skills on two separate occasions. First, to assess and ultimately operate on my right thumb to remove an arthritic joint, then on a second occasion to repair an injured elbow. In each instance, Dr.Hall was cautious in deciding to pursue surgery, preferring less invasive treatment. However, when surgery was finally indicated, he performed admirably with results that have been exceptional. No diminished function in either the use of my thumb or in the use of my elbow following unrelated surgery repairing my elbow. Great results in a results-driven business!

|  Great Results  |  show details
by Sharon B on Nov 20th, 2013

I have had two rotator cuff surgeries with great results and a knee surgery back when Dr. Hall wasn't specializing in hands. He is very knowledgeable and gets right down to business. The Urgent Care physician I saw recommended another medical group to see, but because of the great results I previously had with Dr. Hall, I called his office. This staff is very kind and pleasant and Jennifer worked me right in on the day I called. He will always be my doctor and I would recommend his skills to anyone who needs them. A extremely satisfied patient!

Nov 9th, 2013

This is one fine physician. He listened. He was thoughtful in assessment. He was not afraid to think out loud. He was not “quick to the knife” with regard to approaching three fractures in my dominant hand. I appreciated his clarity when discussing surgical versus non-surgical treatment and outcomes. I appreciated the respect with which he approached patients, leaving the decision-making to them. At the risk of being repetitive, I found him to be an excellent physician, and a great human being, even if he has a little difficulty coordinating bowtie colors with his wardrobe! I recommend him to you.

by phil cacioppo on Nov 9th, 2013

this letter is to complement the excellent work of Dr. Michael Hall. In August and September of 2013, I saw Dr. Hall for a numbness condition in the thumb and first finger of my right hand. I thought it was the beginning of peripheral neuropathy which would be a serious complication from my blood cancer illness of non hodgkins lymphoma. Three other physicians had suggested it was carpal tunnel syndrome. Dr. hall examined me for about 2 minutes and concluded I had cervical nerve interruption at the C5-C6 level of the spinal cord. he prescribed physical therapy and a neck traction device. After just 3 P.T. sessions and work with the traction device at home, my hand was normal and all the numbness had disappeared without any injections or surgery. Today medical care costs and efficiency are under question in the U.S. I believe many of these problems would be solved if we had more fine physicians like Dr. Michael Hall

Nov 6th, 2013

You know he just doesn't take care if arms. I broke my big toe and he helped me get back to playing soccer In no time. I really appreciate him and recommend him highly

|  Professional  |  show details
by Curtis P on Nov 5th, 2013

Having a torn bicep at the elbow, Dr. Hall's office was able to get me an appt. the day I called. Dr. explained my options for treatment and surgery was the best option for me. Surgery was performed in within 5 days of the first visit. Things were explained thoroughly and accurately. Things went according to "the plan". I did extra rehab without over doing it. I think that had some bearing on my recovery going well. I would recommend Dr. Hall for to anyone who needs upper extremity healing/repair.

|  Excellence  |  show details
by Michael L. Oglesby on Oct 9th, 2013

I had fractures in the glenoid process and damage to the shoulder capsule. Dr. Hall spent considerable time explaining exactly what the damage was and what my options were. He discussed my lifestyle and what the prognosis was for healing and resuming my lifestyle with the options I had. Since surgery with placing two screws in my shoulder was the best option he explained the four hour procedure in detail and what the postoperative rehabilitation would require. There were absolutely no surprises in my healing and the recovery process went exactly as he had said. I found Dr. Hall to be personable, professional and above all skilled in his craft. Additionally every medical and rehabilitative professional I encountered after the surgery knew Dr. Halls work and complimented his abilities. Dr. Hall has two antique Volkswagen Karmann Ghias, sometimes wears strips with plaids, visited me in the hospital while on his afternoon run, and is as much an all-around “character” as he is a great surgeon. If I ever had to have shoulder surgery again I would want Dr. Hall to do it.

|  Follow up Excellent!  |  show details
by Dean Welsh on Sep 25th, 2013

Dr. Hall took the time to call me at home himself. On the first day he called, I was not available. He tried again a few days later and we spoke about my options. Amazing that a specialist would take time to call a patient. Awesome options and follow up. Thank you Dr. Hall. You sir, are a class act. Sincerely, Dean Welsh

|  Fun Dude  |  show details
by Dean Welsh on Sep 20th, 2013

Dr. Hall, if you want to email me what your radiologist said about the images of my wrist, that would be cool. tamwelsh@yahoo.com I'm hard to catch on a phone. I appreciate your trying to reach me today. My big bro says PT might help, he also told me that some injuries (he used Bo Jackson's career ending injury as an example) cannot be fixed 'as good as new', even with the best doctors in the world providing the care in the most time urgent manner. He said my wrist might/probably is that kind of injury. However, he - like me, does not understand why there is such a big gap between my most recent radiology report vs. your clinic DX. We are not saying that someone is right and someone is wrong, we are both eager to hear what 'a radiologist you trust' has to say after looking at my images. My last MRI report said my wrist is a train wreck . . . you say it is fine . . . so I don't really have the closure I would like to have on this long, drawn out injury (note, the long drawn out part has nothing to do with the services that Dr. Hall has provided me). My doc bro says he finds it hard to believe that the MRI report that you read (the one I brought) could really be so far off . . . We just don’t get it. Is the guy that read my images for me . . . the worst radiologist in the world or what? Thanks. Dean Welsh

by Marcia T on Aug 29th, 2013

I broke my wrist July 5 and 8 weeks later I had my last appointment (today). Two weeks following injury it was apparent that I needed to have a "cute" titanium plate put in to stablize my radius. It has turned out to be a positive move. I have full range of motion for which I will be eternally grateful, especially since I plan to be skiing in December with two of my grandchildren. I appreciated Dr. Hall's direct approach, and especially the bowties and the peach colored slacks! Lest I forget, Dr. Hall, be sure to read the book. Pass it along to your wife or a friend when you are finished. Many thanks for your genuine care that I get back to my active life at 100%. All good wishes - MBT

|  Shoulder surgery  |  show details
by Steve C. on Aug 8th, 2013

It was a difficult pill to swallow to hear that I might need surgery for the injury to my right shoulder. I was told to see Dr. Hall as he was the best. At my first appointment Dr Hall put me at ease with his honest approach. He took great care to be sure that we went at a prudent pace instead of just rushing off to surgery. When it became obvious that surgery was required he took extra time to explain what he would do and what the outcome was that he expected. He even answered my questions about alternatives to the specific procedure he thought would provide the best outcome. When he found out during surgery that some things he had anticipated needing to do were not required, he did not do them. I am greatly pleased with the outcome of my encounter with Dr. Hall and would recommend him to anyone in need of his services.

|  Trusted and Highly Competent  |  show details
by Deanna A. on Aug 7th, 2013

I've been well pleased with Dr. Hall and his staff (Jennifer, Jackie, and Todd) since he saved my hand and life years ago. Though not his specialty, he recently agreed to treat my broken ankle as he knows I do not trust doctors in general. I am very satisfied with my recent treatment. Dr. Hall's reputation carries from his own office to X-ray, imaging, hospital, etc. He demands the best work out of medical providers in contact with his patients. For me, this created a comfortable secure experience. Dr. Hall does not play games and truly cares about his patients.

|  DO NOT TRUST THIS DOCTOR!!! SOLD HIS SOUL  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

This Doctor is strictly working for Kansas Workmans Compensation. He is getting paid a lot of money for siding on workman's compensation cases. DO NOT TRUST HIM. If you have him you have already lost your case. He will tell you that you need medical attention, but will not state it for the record.

Doctor's Response

I do take care of a lot of work comp patients. What I have learned in the 17 years of doing so is to tell the truth. I have to follow rules made by the states to be allowed to take care of these patients. People like this one who failed to leave their name is likely not only attempting to get a free surgery but also get paid thousands of dollars for having the surgery. Trust me it would be a lot easier not to get abused by people like this. They don't understand If I were in it for the money, I would make more by taking care of them. You know it's not uncommon for me to review surveillance videos of patients claiming to have an injury of say for example their wrist and they get filmed being chopping wood. When I ask them if they could chop wood they lie and deny it. If the patient who wrote this slander did need an operation. I romise it was clearly stated in my note. However according to the rules I must follow their job was not responsible and the patient will need the surgery performed under their regular insurance which likely the job also provides. I will give anyone who cares to read this the heads up if you are trying to make your carpal tunnel syndrome secondary to secretarial work specifically typing Its not. Multiple studies for Harvard and mayo have demonstrated carpal tunnel syndrome is not related to that job I will continue to take care of comp because the majority of the patients truly hurt themselves and I enjoy making them better and getting them back to a productive life

Jul 1st, 2013

Dr. Hall did an excellent job in the surgery and treatment of my 18 year old's radial fracture of his right wrist. It was a very serious injury and it is healing well. I would highly recommend Dr. Hall.

|  How rude can a doctor be.  |  show details
by Mrs. Never Again on Jun 28th, 2013

The four star above is a joke. I wasn't able to remove the stars, because believe me none is deserved. This was the worst experience I've ever had in any doctor's office. It wasn't what he said, it was how he said it. Dr. Hall was rude and it seems his bed side manners doesn't exist. I don't know if he's good at what he does and I will never find out!!!

Doctor's Response

This woman attempted to get her Job to pay for her carpal tunnel surgery because she did not want to pay for her deductible And she wanted to make more than 10000 dollars in a settlement. She was accompanied by a unbiased case manager who thanked me for doing an excellent job explaining the causes of carpal tunnel which does not include typing.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Don Warren on Jun 26th, 2013

Seems very direct and knows what he is doing. Lets You know what is going on with your surgery and the healing parts and honest about what the pain ios from and how long it lasts. Great Honest Doctor

|  2013  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2013

Great Doctor - our family really likes him.

|  I saw Dr Hall 3 times for both of my shoulders and my wrist.  |  show details
by James S. on Jun 21st, 2013

Dr Hall fixed both my shoulders for me 8 and 10 years ago and I have had zero problems with either of them since. He also looked at my wrist for me but it had been too long since the injury and said he would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Dr Halls specialty is fixing your shoulders wrists etc he is not a greeter at Walmart. So if you want the nicest surgeon in the world you may want to look somewhere else. But if you want one of the best SURGEONS in Kansas City C Michael Hall is a great choice.

by Sherri Boyle on Jun 21st, 2013

Dr. Hall and his staff are absolutely wonderful! They made my injury seem quick and almost painless. he was honest, and got to know me and my lifestyle. Dr. Hall actually cares about his patients, and keeps a close eye on them. I would definately recommend Dr. Hall for any upper extremity injuries!

by marvin russell on Jun 14th, 2013

This doctor is the best hands down

|  Orthopedist Extraordinare  |  show details
by Susan D on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Hall is a really fine physician. He’s smart, pleasant and he knows his job. From my perspective, it is important for a physician to be able to relate to the patent and Dr. Hall does a fantastic job. Plus, what’s not to like about a curly-headed man who sometimes wears bow-ties? His staff is A . Jackie always greets you with a smile; Todd knows how to construct a cast and the rest of the staff are outstanding. If you have to see an orthopedist, Dr. Hall is the man to see!

|  Doctor that relly knows his stuff  |  show details
by Charles Hartman on Jun 3rd, 2013

I am very pleased with my visits with the doctor. He was able to solve my problem in avery professional way. I would recommend for someone with shoulder problems to contact him. Good job Doc

|  The man is all business...and that's a good thing!  |  show details
by John Shuchart on May 30th, 2013

Had 3 shoulder operations...none very successful until Dr. Hall came along. He definitely knows what he's doing. Recently I had "trigger" finger. My thumb locked and was painful. I immediately thought of Hall, hoping he worked on hands as well as he worked on my shoulder. Fortunately he does! Zap! A quick 30-minute operation, 10 days in a bandage, and that's it...no more locking, snapping, pain, etc. And, to top it off, we discovered I had "borderline" carpel tunnel. Instead of rushing in and operating, Dr. Hall decided we should wait and see if it progresses. THAT'S the kind of surgeon I want to have. If you're in need of a surgeon, I think I have one far you! :-)

|  Give him a hand...and he will fix it.  |  show details
by Pepper C Tucker on May 9th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Hall for both several hand problems. I appreciate his directness and clarity on the problem and answer. I saw him for a trigger finger problem, carpal tunnel and finally a trigger finger release. Each time I received help in a timely manner, with excellent treatment and quick recovery.

|  WOW!  |  show details
by Cynthia Marshall on May 1st, 2013

Dr. Hall was referred to me by my doctor and I could not be happier. He has helped me with my pain for 2 trigger thumbs, so far no surgery! Another doctor I went to see while DR. Hall was recuperating only wanted to do surgery and would not even consider discussing pain relief! I recently broke my wrist and he and his staff were very compassionate during the process. He is patient while you express your symptoms and answers all your questions. I have complete faith in his opinions and abilities.

|  Five Star Orthopedic Doctor  |  show details
by Fawn on Apr 25th, 2013

Dr. Hall's been my orthopedic doctor/surgeon for more than 12 years. I couldn't have been blessed with a better doctor. He genuinely cares about all of his patients, takes time with you and has EXCELLENT bedside manners. Dr. Hall's performed two of my surgeries; one in 2005 for a gangland cyst on my right wrist, which healed perfectly. The latest surgery was March 2013 for a trigger finger on my left hand. Yep he revoked my legal trigger finger, but that's one thing I didn't mind loosing. I have had experienced in the past doctors that rush you in and out of the office; like walking through a revolving door at a department store. Dr. Hall has such a professional and non-threatening personality. I feel comfortable and assured of his diagnostics and treatments for cure. The wait time is not long at all and the entire staff's very polite. The world needs more doctors like Dr. Hall.

|  Terrific doctor  |  show details
by Jo Ann Mendenhall on Apr 24th, 2013

I was very impressed by the thoroughness of my visits with Dr. Hall and felt confidence in the handling from the check in process, the receptionist, nurses, x-ray techs and then the time spent by the doctor. Very satisfied and am glad to have used this group for my recovery after breaking a bone in my hand.

Sep 17th, 2012

I have confidence in Dr. Hall's ability to diagnose and treat my problem. He is very professional but has a friendly way of communicating on a level that patients can understand. My husband and I were impressed by his attitude that every surgery is different and that you can't assume they are the same just because it is the same type of surgery. Each patient is special.

Aug 1st, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Hall to anyone needing orthopaedic care and support. Each appointment was a positive experience from the friendly office personnel to Dr. Hall's expertise in diagnosing and creating a recovery plan regarding my shoulder separation and the neck issues that had accompanied my injury. I am very pleased with my results for I am pain free and have regained complete range of motion without surgery. In addition to receiving high quality care, Dr. Hall was quite personable during each visit. The follow up care was excellent as well.

Aug 1st, 2012

Think he is an excellent surgeon. I am very pleased with the results of my recent rotator cuff surgery.

|  Disappointing beyond words  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I was shocked to find that Dr. Hall does not return calls to patients. Not just me, but all patients MUST make an appointment with Dr Hall, even after diagnostics are completed. Dr. Hall had NO consideration for patients pain level and expected me to wait 3 weeks for a follow before addressing treatment. His assistant Jackie only returned one call and I had to insist she must have the wrong record when she told me he would want to wait 6 weeks to see me again.

Doctor's Response

I appreciate feedback that's true. I nor jackie know who this patient is. We do know that I call everyone back and if a patient wants to talk to me I do so without hesitation. I do not make my patients wait in pain. My doors are open. If this paitent truly had a problem and for some reason could not reach me, all she or he needed to do was come to the office and make an appointment for that day- Im here 4 days out of the week and my staff is here everyday. Its simple and alot easier and nicer than writing a false comment .

Jul 11th, 2012

Dr. Hall was courteous and clear in discussing my fractured wrist and in explaining my options for treatment. He was "up-front" about pros & cons of the various options and thorough in answering my questions. I was 100% satisfied with the treatment I received from him and his staff.

|  Worker's Comp (Broken Wrist)  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Hall for a broken wrist through worker's comp for the last 2 months. He & his staff are very friendly, courteous & caring. He did surgery & put my wrist back together which was in several pieces. He prescribed therapy and made sure everything was done to insure healing of my wrist so I could return to my regular duties at work. He is very knowledgeable in his work & I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  ups automotive mechanic  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

ive had cronic pain in my left elbow and hand for at least five years. now after dr halls surgery im finally getting relief he actually moved my ulnar nerve to a better location. wow amazing! im very pleased with my recovery and i would recommend dr hall to anyone thats having arm problems.i think dr hall is a surgeon with awesome skills and i would like to thank him and his wonderful staff for for everything.

|  Dr Hall and staff ROCK IT!  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2012

Dr Hall and his staff at Emcompass Medical group are excellent! They are very fast and friendly and CARE! I went to 2 prior specialists prior to seeing Dr Hall, and no one was able to help or even attempt the surgery. Dr Hall was able to help and actually fixed me, allowing me to continue to work as a chef and to finally live a pain free life. Thank you Dr Hall and your excellent staff!

Apr 23rd, 2012

Dr Hall was extremely competent. In my two surgeries with Dr Hall both were completed with results above my expectations. I felt very comfortable having Dr Hall perform both operations on my hand. I would recommend Dr Hall without any reservations.

Apr 18th, 2012

Dr. Hall was extremely upfront and to the point and that is very refreshing. Would recommend immensely for surgery on hands. Great Job, Dr. Hall!!! Continued success!

|  Personality, professionalism, confidence  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Hall gets right to the point, is clear and no-nonsense, but with a real soft heart for his patients. Most of all, he knows what he's doing and gives his patients the benefit of his expertise.

Apr 13th, 2012

This is the second time I have seen Dr. Hall. Like the first time he was kind , considerate, and professional. Again he was able to fix my problem without surgery. All I care about and what everyone should care about a surgeon is will he or she make me better. Dr. Hall will do everything possible to accom

Feb 27th, 2012

Dr. Hall has been amazing! I cut my left hand on glass over a month ago, and from day one Dr. Hall has been outstanding. He did such a wonderful job with my surgery, and he continues to assist me in understanding each step of the PT and recover process. He has been encouraging and reassures me that all is well. I would refer Dr. Hall 100 times over! I rarely wait more than 2 minutes after checking in when I have my appointments. I couldnt be happier with my choice of doctors. I am a month after surgery and my hand looks great! It is already getting harder and harder to see the scarring! I cant thank him enough!

|  Complete confidence  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

I've seen Dr. Hall three times (right/left shoulder and badly infected thumb). He's always been wonderful about explaining what was happening, what the treatment will be, and what to expect. He probably saved my thumb by operating on it when it was horribly infected. I'd highly recommend him.

|  patient  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2012

thank you for seeing me in a timely manner, you answered all the questions that my injury needed answering. the professional manner was outstanding, the staff was great and would tell anyone to go see him for any orthopedic needs they had. thank you p. casey

|  A talented surgeon and justifiably confident  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

I was experiencing considerable pain in my wrist a year after a scaphoid fracture. Other doctors took x-rays and an MRI and could not identify a cause. Dr. Hall was able to identify the cause of and solution to my issue on the first visit to his office. Surgery went well and the pain is entirely gone (6 months since the procedure).I notice that a couple of reviews criticize his bedside manner. I have to say that Dr. Hall's approach is blunt but certainly not condescending or dismissive. He listened to my concerns about surgery/recovery and addressed each one. I'm far more interested in seeing a surgeon who gets down to business rather than wasting time with unnecessary banter.

Aug 10th, 2011

This was my second surgery with Dr Hall. He is excellent and I would recommend him to any one looking for a good orthopedic surgeon.

Jul 6th, 2011

I highly recommend, Dr. Hall. Knowledgeable,thorough,attention to detail. Also neat stitchery. Concern for patient.

|  D. Salinas  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I had arthroplasty with a tendon graft, my surgery went well, my recovery has gone wonderful. My other hand with arthritis still hurts, the hand with surgery does not! Mission accomplished. Dr Hall was attentive to my issues, I had some swelling, right after surgery. But this was addressed quickly, no other problems.

|  Devasting Ankle Break  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

I broke my ankle in two different places on February 2. I am a runner and feared I would never be able to run again. Dr. Hall performed my surgery that included an implanted plate and 7 screws. I was in a splint for 2 weeks, followed by a hard cast for 4 more weeks, and on crutches for a total of two months. The next 4 weeks I was in physical therapy. The therapist told me that in all of his experience he had never seen anyone recover so quickly from such a severe break and surgery, and credited Dr. Hall for his incredible work. Now, just three months after that ugly break, I am back to running again. Dr. Hall made it all happen for me!

|  An excellent experience  |  show details
by Dr. Alan and Gayle Israel on Apr 21st, 2011

Putting yourself in the hands of a surgeon is a most unique situation. In most cases, you only met this person once or twice and they will be operating on you. There are many areas of concern for the patient. Trust being a primary one. When meeting Dr. Hall, his gentlemanly ways impressed us. His manner is competent and self-trusting. The patient knows that their well-being is the major concern of Dr. Hall. Overall, we had an excellent experience with Dr. Hall and would more than highly recommend him. His staff is warm,highly qualified and most accommodating as well.Gayle and Alan Israel

Feb 10th, 2011

Dr Hall has a unique, one-of-a-kind bedside manner that our daughter and I truly enjoyed! He's genuine and thorough. We never felt rushed or uncared for. My daughter broke her radius and growth plate in her left wrist and she is an aspiring cellist. He was so conscientious with this concern. He is very matter-of-fact and yet open to what you have to say. He empowers the patient which I admire. If you want a dr. that pampers you, and uses up your time, look elsewhere. If you want no nonsense care with an expert in the field, you have found your dr in Michael Hall! signed, Gwen Hemer

Dec 28th, 2010

KC is very fortunate to have someone of Dr Hall's caliber. I had a very bad wrist fracture a year ago requiring pins/implant. Outcome...good as new. Recently he performed trigger finger surgery and it's coming along very good too. You can look around his office and see he's very busy but I never felt he rushed w/ me. He's professional, knows his stuff and has a sense of humor. And if I have the misfortune of another accident I only hope I have the good fortune of a Dr Hall:)

by Russ Edwards on Dec 15th, 2010

Very special Dr. We were traveling and were VERY lucky to find Dr Hall. He had done surgery on my nephew and agreed to take my case.

Dec 12th, 2010

Dr. Hall and his staff at Encompass Medical Group are wonderful. Dr. Hall diagnosed the arthritis in my thumb and gave me an option to fix it that has helped tremendously. I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes in the office. When I was having trouble after receiving a splint, his nurse was very accommodating in order to make it more comfortable. I would recommend Dr. Hall to anyone needing a hand specialist.

|  Excellent doctor with knowledge of care needed.  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

Dr. Hall was very knowlegable and was able to find the problem almost immediately. He tried to take care of the problem without surgery and when that didn't work, he suggested surgery as a last resort. He was good at explaining what I could and could not do after surgery.

|  Hand Surgeon for carpal tunnel  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

I GREATLY APPRECIATED:* SUCCESSFUL SURGERY! I can sleep! No more numbness in hands, no more pain shooting up arms! Thank you, Dr. Hall!* PROFESSIONALISM: Dr. Hall exhibited competence in examining my hands & was responsive to my questions; he has a direct & forthright manner. * OFFICE STAFF: excellent receptionist, finance person, nursing staff.* CONVENIENCE: EMG & Xray in house; Surgery Center off 87th St., near highway 69.* AFTER CARE: PT if I need it.

Oct 28th, 2010

I would give him high praise for his care and concern about my general health as ell as my orthopedic car. He was professional, and thorough, wasting no time.

Oct 20th, 2010

Dr. Hall and the staff at the clinic and the hospital were able to make my bad experience of breaking my arm into a successful healing experience. I would recommend Dr. Hall and his staff to anyone who needed his expert, excellent help. Besides everything medical, Dr. Hall and his staff have a sense of humor and make everything better by having fun.

by Evan's Mom-Heather on Oct 6th, 2010

My son broke his wrist and his growth plate and was referred to an orthepedic surgeon by the emergency room physician. I didn't feel comfortable taking my son to a doctor that I knew nothing about so I contacted our family doctor and asked him for a referral. He referred us to Dr. Michael Hall. He assured me that he was the best of the best and that he would take wonderful care of my son. He could not have been more correct. Dr. Hall and his staff took wonderful care of my son and our family is very happy with the results. We started this journey thinking that surgery was a definite need and ended with several weeks in a cast. Dr. Hall monitored progress regularly throughout the process. I have 6 children and I am sure that this is just the first of many broken bones. If/when the need arrises we will definitely return to Dr. Hall

by donna dailey on Oct 6th, 2010

Very good care. Good input of information. knows his speciality well.

by Laura Osterloh on Sep 29th, 2010

Professional, to the point, other options tried before surgery, called to check up when had unexpected pain

|  Best in KC  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

Dr. Hall is wonderful about discussing problems and answering your questions in a way that you can easily understand. His honesty in describing our options made it easy to make the right decisions. We would highly recommend him to all our friends and family. We are happy to been blessed with his gift.

|  Thanks so much  |  show details
by JL on Sep 22nd, 2010

In one visit Dr. Hall diagnosed my problem and relieved pain in my hand that I had suffered with for a year. I greatly appreciate his capabilities and manner. Wish I had gone to see him much earlier.

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

Dr. Hall demonstrated a caring attitude, easy demeanor, and a high degree of professionalism. He ensured the work of suppporting medical providers was delivered with my wellfare being foremost. This is my second procedure performed by Dr. Hall, both with outstanding results. I highly recommend him.

by Kristen Reel on Sep 15th, 2010

Dr. Hall was very nice to me and diagnosed my problem right away. He explained the problem with my wrist and explained my options for treatment. He gave me a shot in my wrist on my first visit and it has practically cured me. I was having constant pain and I have not had any pain since then. I appreciate what Dr. Hall did for me because I had been having constant pain since April 2010. I saw Dr. Hall in September of 2010 and haven't had pain since seeing him. I highly recommend Dr. Hall.

|  right shoulder  |  show details
by jean johnson on Sep 10th, 2010

I liked how he wanted to get people in their appointment time, very friendly, knew exactly what was needed for my injury, did not send me back too early to work so i could actually heal.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Pat Sparks on Sep 3rd, 2010

Was impressed with Dr. Hall's quick diagnosis of the situation and his recommendation for immediate surgery. Very satisfied with the outcome. Would definitely recommend Dr. Hall and his services to others.

by Elizabeth Kneisley on Aug 17th, 2010

Dr. Hall diagnosed my should problem andprescribed therapy for 6 weeks. At theend of that time, my problem was solvedand I could resume my regular tasks. Iappreciate his skills so much and wouldrecommend him to anyone with shoulderproblems.

by Carole Claypool on Aug 13th, 2010

Very satisfying experience. Would recommend him to others.

by Nadine Branaic on Aug 12th, 2010

Dr. Hall is one of only two doctors that I trust. I enjoy seeing him each time I visit.

by ONeill on Aug 11th, 2010

Doctor Hall has been excellent. Thourgh in diagnosis,treatment and explaining them to me. Sensitive to my schedule and health needs. Available for questions and explaining procedures.

Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Hall correctly diagnosed my problem and established a rehabilitation program that met my needs without excessive treatment. Just the right amount of medical care.

|  Very satisfied with complex wrist surgery  |  show details
by Husband of a patient. on Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Hall "gave my wife's wrist back." The injury required wrist surgery with a bone graft from her hip. He is focused, to the point, and exceptionally detail oriented.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Jenny Dover on Aug 9th, 2010

Dr. Hall saw my son on short notice on a referral from another doctor. He was caring and confident when giving his initial opinion. He was willing to get another opinion from one of his colleagues, and confident enough to change his recommendation. He performed last minute surgery the next morning, and the following day we were on a plane headed for our planned summer vacation. His staff is amazing and it is very apparent that they enjoy working for him.

Aug 9th, 2010

DR Hall is probably one of the worst doctors i have ever been to has noooo bedside manner VERY RUDE all he cares about is getting his paycheck after my surgery my hand looks, feels, and is worse than it was before, there are several great orthopaedic surgeons in kansas city please do research before making the same mistake i did

|  Excellent Doctor - Genuine  |  show details
by Cody Tanner on Jul 30th, 2010

Dr. Hall was highly recommended to me after breaking the scaphoid bone in my left wrist. 12 weeks later, cast is off, and I'm better than new.Comply with his instruction, and you will not regret it.Cody Tanner

by Erika Bost on Jul 15th, 2010

Dr. Hall and his office family were fantastic, patient and informative. In such a stressful situation, they have helped to provide comfort to make this experience survivable.

Jul 12th, 2010

Explains the process and gives full understand to the patient me

|  diagnosing  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

Dr. Hall, after reading report from MRI, referred me to another doctor due to something he saw on report before proceding with my treatment to make sure I received receiving the best care. Thank you.

|  Not personal  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2010

He would not allow a family member to be present for my mother's appointment

Doctor's Response

I do not allow work comp family members to attend the initial exam unless under special circumstances. I have learned after so many years the exam is much less disruptive and productive. I realize some patients don't like it and I know it encourages them to post negative comments. I don't like that possibility, however, it needs to be done.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
May 3rd, 2010

It was a breeze. He was with me within 5 min after i was asigned a room. He listened and explained very carefully about my problem. I felt secured about the surgrey that was to follow!

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Joyce on Feb 9th, 2010

I arrived 15 minutes early for my follow-up appointment and was called into the office within 5 minutes. Dr Hall walked in less than 5 minutes later, checked my hand, and listened to me. Yes, I said listened to me. We chatted for a few minutes and I left very happy and healed. I was given all the time I needed to explain any issues and I walk out with a smile. It was great service from the time I spoke with the receptionist to walking out of Dr Halls office.

Jan 20th, 2010

Dr Hall is an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable and always professional. I wouldn't hesitate to refer a friend or family member to him.

|  Shoulder Pain  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2010

I had a great experience with Dr. Hall. I had shoulder pain for over a year and was not able to get a good diagnosis or recommendation from other doctors. He checked my shoulder and explained the source of pain and the best way to fix it. He cared enough to explain my problem in a way that I could understand. If you have shoulder pain I would definitely recommend that you go see Dr. Hall.

|  Excellent surgeon, job well done  |  show details
by John Hutchinson on Jan 15th, 2010

With a torn rotator cuff it is difficult to get a full understanding of the surgery involved and the follow up. I interviewed 2 surgeons before Dr. Hall. He spent the time to explain what would be involved and what to expect. He was especially aware and attentive to my other health problems and handled them accordingly and with my family doctor. No surprises. He is willing to talk to you, just listen.

by Johnny Kelly Jr. on Jan 13th, 2010

Great Orthopedic doctor - he is excellent at what he does and is one of the few Orthopedic Doctors who has a Fellowship with an ABOS advanced certification

|  WONDERFUL  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2010

EXCELLENT SURGEON !!He was wonderful in the office. Understood the problem with my hand that other surgeons couldn't fix. My surgery went perfect and he was delightful.

Dec 11th, 2009

extremely rude and seemed like he was annoyed that I was there. He was very unprofessional and while examining me he actually hurt me. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

work comp patient who I sent back to work

|  Find another Doctor  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2009

Is primarily concerned with money & not the patient. Does not listen & has preconceived opinions. Very rude.

Doctor's Response

I take care of alot of patients with alleged work comp injuries. Some of these patients are not pleased with the truth; the need to return to work; the inability to obtain narcotics ; and specially the lack of compensation for a bogus claim. Unfortunately these patients have the same right to voice their opinions on the Internet If this is not a work comp patient , then I truly apologize he or she was not pleased with their experience. If I were told during or after the exam of his or her disappointment with me I would have tried my best to fix the problem. I can't fix it if I don't know who they are . I take negative comments very personally I truly want patients to leave happy and improved.

Apr 21st, 2009

WORST bedside manner I've ever experienced! If you expect professionalism in a doctor, don't waste your time on this man.

by Julie on Mar 8th, 2009

He is a very good surgeon. He fixed my son's hand and it was perfect! I also worked with him and know first hand, he knows what he is doing.