Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Cruel and Condescending - stay away! show details Cruel and Condescending - stay away!
by Livid family member on Jul 22nd, 2016

He is self-righteous, narcissistic, condescending to patients and fellow physicians, has absolutely no bedside manner, and is downright cruel. He bullied my elderly mother into cancelling her 2nd opinion appt, and then strong-armed her into a different surgery than was discussed, right before going into the OR. When she questioned why the change, he said "Either I can do this surgery or you can go back to California" (where she suffered a fall while on vacation, requiring emergency repair of a complicated wrist fracture). He continually berated the wonderful, caring, excellent orthopedist (a near-impossibility to find) who performed her repair, later reluctantly admitting to my mother (it was because) he himself had no experience with her injury. Rather than consult someone who did, or listen to the original orthopedist when he explained the two subsequent procedures that needed to be done, he rudely discounted the standard-of-care recommendations and did what he wanted to do anyway. I wonder if he treats all patients like this, or just Medicare-HMO patients? I also have to wonder, as an orthopedist who used to practice in LA, what happened to him in CA that makes him so angry, repeatedly telling a naive older patient to "go back to California," unwilling to follow the original wrist surgeon's plan of care? Finally, he refused to prescribe any medication for her pain (acute post-op pain in someone who never takes anything more than Aleve - she is not a drug addict!), telling her to "Take Aleve" or "Just deal with it." Really? When have you ever seen someone with a traumatic both-bone wrist fracture, needing cadaver bone grafting, skin grafting, plates and pins, and persistent neuropathy from the acute carpal tunnel, have adequate pain control with Aleve? Oh wait - you've never seen this complicated wrist injury before, I forgot. This man is cruel and dangerous and should not be practicing medicine.

by Susan Higby on Jul 3rd, 2016

Dr. Michael Hall took time to explain my injury and the procedure for the surgery to my broken right wrist. He is an excellent surgeon, and was very compassionate. He took time to listen to my concerns and to answer all my many questions. Highly recommend.

Parent show details Parent
Jun 28th, 2016

My son saw Dr Hall for his hand, but Dr Hall invested enough time and care with my son that he helped us find doctors for other health issues my son is facing that had nothing to do with my son's hand. I've been searching for answers for son for 2 years, but couldn't get headed in the right direction. Dr Hall's attention to treating my son and not just his hand, has been just what we needed. I'm extremely grateful. On one of our visits I got stuck in traffic and Dr Hall stayed late and waited for 30 minutes for us to arrive. Dr Hall also tried a less evasive treatment approach before heading straight to surgery. It required some patience and diligence from my son and Dr Hall, but was totally worth it, as my son's hand has healed without surgery. I would highly recommend Dr Hall!

Saved my Thumb show details Saved my Thumb
Apr 18th, 2016

Gout was eating away the joint in my thumb. Dr. Hall saved the rest of the bones and made my thumb look normal. He took all the time needed. He went out of his way to personally check on a location that would accept my insurance.

by Marcia Carter on Apr 9th, 2016

Dr Hall was absolutely wonderful. He's direct, which was very important to me, because I'd had the injury for several months. He immediately gave me his thoughts, and didn't give up on me, even though we had to try a couple of different things to get my fingers working again. Even though I still have some therapy to go through, I would give Dr Hall the highest recommendation available. I never felt rushed with him even though he is a very busy Dr. He also was very patient with my comments, questions, and or concerns.

by Michael Stevens on Mar 12th, 2016

everything was awesome. I had a broken wrist every visit was prompt. my first few Dr Hall was late getting back from surgery but every other appointment went fast and treated me like family

by Carrie Kerns on Feb 23rd, 2016

I found my experience with Dr Michael Hall and his office to be excellent. From the first day I walked in I felt more at ease although I was in a lot of pain. The staff was extremely kind, professional and efficient. They all worked together well in taking care of the patient and are very personable. Dr. Hall is the best. I could tell right away he was very knowlegeable and anxious to take care of me as soon as possible. He advised me of what was going on, what to expect and his follow up after surgery was all a great experience. His expertise and skill as a surgeon is fantastic. He's a straight shooter and I enjoyed his bedside manner that goes along with each visit. Thanks again .

by Avis Lowe on Jan 20th, 2016

Dr. Hall has done two surgeries on me in the past year. Both times they have worked and I have great confidence in him. If I had to do it again I would with the same doctor!

by Lenore A. Zabel for Robert C. Zabel on Nov 27th, 2015

Dr. Hall was very knowledgeable and courteous to my husband and I during our initial visit and all follow-up visits. He was forthright with us and explained what needed to be done to repair my husband's finger break. He reset the break and put it in a cast and we have weekly visits to check on it. We appreciate the care he gave my husband and I.

by Kelley Perrin on Nov 13th, 2015

In my opinion, there is no better doctor to handle wrist, hand, arm injuries. Dr. Hall took excellent care of me and I believe that had I not gone to him, I would not be using my right (dominant) hand today. Excellent experience!

Dr. Hall gave me back the use of my hand show details Dr. Hall gave me back the use of my hand
Nov 9th, 2015

I had a severe case of Dupuyten's contracture in my left hand. My ring finger was bent at 90 degrees with limited function. Dr. Hall performed a very delicate surgery on the palm of my hand...8 months post-op I have full use of my hand with full range and strength. Thanks Dr. Hall for giving me back the use of my hand.

Outstanding Orthopaedic Surgeon show details Outstanding Orthopaedic Surgeon
by Richard B and Rita Barger on Oct 20th, 2015

Terrific doctor. My first visit, nine years ago, Dr. Hall came across as businesslike, professional. Now that he's met us a few times, he's still professional -- and obviously highly knowledgeable and skilled -- but as friendly as the 'ol family doctor our grandparents talked about when we were growing up -- easy to talk to and willing to patiently answer questions and explain both the problem and his procedures. Here are details: About nine years ago, Dr. Hall worked on my terribly painful right shoulder. A couple of shots didn't fix it, so ... surgery. What a terrific job! I have excellent movement, no pain. Then my wife needed treatment ... we enthusiastically asked for Dr. Hall. And again, a terrific job. Recently, I needed help with the same problem in my other shoulder. This time, a shot and therapy, avoiding surgery. No, he's not our cousin or our neighbor, but he certainly is an outstanding physician, one whom we are pleased to recommend unhesitatingly.

Aug 16th, 2015

my wrist is back to normal! thanks!

Would Refer To Anyone!!!! show details Would Refer To Anyone!!!!
by Clinton Giddens on Jul 11th, 2015

Had three surgeries, all went great! Dr. Hall , the office staff, and the staff at the surgery center were friendly and helpful in every way, GREAT PEOPLE!! In my opinion Dr. Hall takes pride in what he does. He is a straight forward kind of guy and sincerely wants what is best for your particular situation. If you have questions just ask and you`ll get a straight answer. I followed my instructions and things went well. I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING TO HIM AGAIN ...

Jul 2nd, 2015

Great surgeon!

Dr. Hall inspired me show details Dr. Hall inspired me
by Janell Morris on May 17th, 2015

I like my right hand. I need it to play the piano. I put off surgery on my thumb for a long time and I put great thought into choosing Dr. Michael Hall to be my surgeon. His no-nonsense personality helped me make my decision. He told me that he would do his part, but that in some measure the success of my recovery would be dependent on my "character." I appreciated that he was honest enough to tell me that I would have to contribute to my own recovery . Dr. Hall inspired me! I wanted to prove to him that I had the necessary character he spoke of. When my bandage, cast, and splint came off, I went to all the hand therapy sessions he ordered, and I did the prescribed program they outlined for me to do on my own four times a day without fail. The timeline of recovery he described to me was very accurate. It was amazing how little pain I experienced and how quickly my hand went from weak and helpless to functional and strong! I was thrilled when I began to play the piano again with my newly repaired thumb! I am so grateful to Dr. Hall. My suggestion to you if hand surgery is in your future: Resolve to do your part and choose Dr. Michael Hall to get you started.

Meticulous, expert hand surgeon! No hesitation in referring Dr. Hall for any hand, arm, should related orthopaedic surgery! show details Meticulous, expert hand surgeon! No hesitation in referring Dr. Hall for any hand, arm, should related orthopaedic surgery!
by Sue F. on Mar 3rd, 2015

I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Michael Hall to perform CMC thumb surgery on my right hand. This is a touchy surgery with a need for a doctor who is an expert and takes every precaution to make sure that the surgery is successful. I feel like his work is every bit as good as what he would expect if he was the one having the surgery. The physical therapy he prescribed really helped with the recovery. The location and perfection of the incision was such that it is barely noticeable at only 3 months out. He sincerely cares about his work. If this seems a bit overkill, it is not because I had the same type of surgery by another doctor two years ago on my left hand and it was done poorly with little interest in the results after surgery. That thumb does not look or function properly. Save yourself some grief and see Dr. Michael Hall. His staff are nice, fun, friendly, too!

by Heather Kalcic on Feb 12th, 2015

Dr.Hall was all around lovely! His staff is just as good. I went to him with not alot of hope with my recovery after my accident and was amazed at the progress. Limited scaring with the surgery and will probably fade away with time. I would refer him to anyone of my loved ones!

by skyoung on Feb 10th, 2015

Intelligent and kind but more importantly - an expert in his field!

by Charles K. Starkey on Jan 14th, 2015

Dr. Hall operated on my right hand in 2005, however I forgot who did the work which is strange because he did such a great job the hand is better than before. When my left hand started giving me problems and I could not remember Dr. Halls information I found another doctor, two days before scheduled surgery this doctor had to leave town because of a family medical emergency which became permanent and resigned leaving me to find another doctor. This time I put more effort into it and located Dr. Hall again. Today - the day after my surgery I could not be more pleased. Dr. Hall ran into, (to me a serious, unexpected problem) to which he made a decision that I am very pleased with. This doubled the time in surgery but what the heck, I was asleep, it also means that I have 'hard ware' in my hand that will have to come out, but my hand is FIXED. I think that Dr. Hall is a wonderful surgeon and am very glad that I found him again.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
by Karen P. on Jan 14th, 2015

Dr. Hall performed surgery on my hand with excellent results. I appreciated his thoughtful approach, care for my needs, calm & competent manner and, of course, successful results.

Outstanding show details Outstanding
by Drs. Daryl and Teri McCarthy on Jan 8th, 2015

Dr. Hall is an excellent surgeon. He saved my husband's wrist after a wrong diagnosis overseas. We are grateful to our orthopedist for referring us to Dr. Hall--a specialist in hand in wrist surgery.

by Alice Faye Harra on Jan 6th, 2015

Had Dr. Hall for multiple surgeries. Excellent results in all cases.

Great Doctor!!! show details Great Doctor!!!
by CHughes on Jan 6th, 2015

It takes a while for an appointment. Could be seen as a good thing...

by Denise Strader on Dec 18th, 2014

This man is a surgical genius! He truly cares about his patients physical and mental well being. His office staff is awesome too.

Very pleased with my care show details Very pleased with my care
by BR Bertram on Sep 19th, 2014

Dr. Hall is a skilled surgeon who answered all of my questions prior to and after surgical repair of my biceps tendon. I experienced a good outcome from the procedure and would highly recommend Dr. Hall to anyone. I would also like to commend his staff for being extremely friendly and patient-centered.

Dr. Hall will take good care of you - if you let him. show details Dr. Hall will take good care of you - if you let him.
by Linda D on Aug 10th, 2014

This year (2014), Dr. Hall performed carpal tunnel release procedures on both of my hands. I had no complications and a very quick recovery. For one surgery, I needed no post-surgery pain killers and used prescription pain killers for one day following the other surgery. I attribute the excellent recovery to Dr. Hall's attention to detail, careful process and overall excellent care for his patients. I have a high level of trust in Dr. Hall (which is fairly unusual for me). Why? Dr. Hall will tell you what you need to hear - whether you want to hear it or not. He doesn't play games and will tell you straight up if tests and his evaluation indicate you need (or don't need) surgery. Unlike other doctors, he doesn't lean toward surgery unless you need it. I have recommended him to several co-workers and family and will go see him if I ever again have hand/shoulder problems. Dr. Hall rocks in my book.

MD Hall show details MD Hall
by Tim Mitchell on Aug 7th, 2014

I wanted to take a minute of my time to express my thanks to Dr. Hall. I had surgery performed on both my left and right hands at different times by Dr. Hall and his professionalism his overall concerned for my well-being as a patient and most important he listen to what I had to say and answered those concern’s

by Pat G. on Jul 31st, 2014

Excellent experience. Dr. Hall is very meticulous and skilled. Staff at Encompass are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend in a heartbeat.

Amazing Surgeon show details Amazing Surgeon
by Nicole B. on Jun 6th, 2014

Dr. Hall took the crumbs that were left after I broke my wrist and reconstructed it. My wrist works better than I ever expected it to. If you need orthopedic surgery on your wrist or carpal tunnel surgery on your hand, see Dr. Hall.

Knows his stuff!! show details Knows his stuff!!
by Bruce Turrell on Apr 30th, 2014

I broke a bone in my right hand due to a freak accident and saw Dr. Hall in late January. He ended up having to operate on the bone in early February. When entering the office at Encompass Medical Group it is impossible to miss all of the "Best Of" awards Dr. Hall has received for his work over the years. It gives a person a sense of comfort in knowing you are being helped by one of the best. His work on my bone and resetting it was nothing less that artistic medicine at its best. Dr. Hall is very knowledgeable about his subject and knows what he is doing. Great job Dr. Hall you're awesome!!

Doctor's Response

Im going to make this generalized to also those who so kindly responded on this site. Thank you. I can't express in words how your words brighten my day and justify my job. I don't wake up in the morning with the intent to go to work and upset you. I go to work with the intent to make you better so you don't have to repeatedly spend your time and money to fix the same problem. I will everything in my power to do so. This is the only site on the internet which gives me the ability to respond easily like this. After 22 years I've come to the conclusion that 2% of the population will ruin my day. Unfortunately, these people also have the ability to lambaste me and do so with malice and anonymously. I don't claim to be perfect but I do my best I can to accomplish that. I try to learn from my mistakes. Im sorry to those work comp patients ( creators of 98% of my negative responses) who don't like the fact that I have to follow the laws of the state of Kansas and Missouri to determine whether or not their job is secondary to their job. I take care of significantly more than I don't with the same zeal and concern as my regular patients. I fix their problems so they can get them back to work which is why the program exists in the first place and is why judges of those states insist on me doing so. Again thank you

My experience show details My experience
by Cindy H. on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Hall has done several corrective surgeries on my wrist following a serious automobile accident. He has always been an exteremly compassionate doctor. His work is excellent, his knowledge of orthopaedics is exemplary and I was very pleased with his bedside manner. I have taken my son to him following a football injury and referred two friends to him with complete confidence. He would be my first choice for a doctor/surgeon if ever a future need for his specialty ever arose again.

Believes in Options show details Believes in Options
by Jodi V. on Mar 2nd, 2014

He's a confident genius! His belief in his recommended course of treatment instills belief that a full recovery is possible. A full commitment to partnering with his plan is essential if you want the outcom that is in your best interest. How do I know this? Here's my testimony... I went o Dr. Hall after a recent saggital band rupture (tore the tendon on the knuckle of my middle finger). It was 3 weeks after the onset of injury. Dr. Hall said he typically surgically repairs such tears immediately after it occurs, but since it was 3 weeks post-injury, he wanted to CAST IT for 2 weeks, to keep the joint still. Once the cast came off, I was not able to make a fist. He said, "We'll give it a week. If it's not better, then we have to do surgery." He advised to gently and gradually attempt to make a fist while having the hand in warm water. And, he added, "I believe you'll do it." I did just as suggested, and over a course of 5-7 days, I was able to not only have full range of motion back in my hand/finger again, but also had no pain and was back to typing reports with ease. So, what could have been a total of 12 weeks of treatment, recovery, and scar tissue from surgery, ended up only being 3 weeks of treatment without needless surgery. Do not let mistake his bedside manner as arrogant, as he merely has a quiet/staightforward confidence in his knowledge and abilities in his area of expertise. And wouldn't any patient prefer confidence over some clown who tries to win you over with a goofy personality? Dr. Hall is the upper extremity specialist to see and put your trust in! I'm living proof that his instincts are spot-on, and his methods are sound.

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
by Jane D on Jan 22nd, 2014

He may have medical knowledge re: hands, he may examine you if its a workman's comp claim. If your a real patient with serious medical problem and not involved in workman's comp dont waste your time

Doctor's Response

This is great. Jane doe isn't even my patient. I excepted to see her as a courtesy. She was a patient of a physician at KU Who she did not like and in appropriately used the ER to see someone else probably thinking she didn't have to pay for it. She was told by my staff in order to do so she would be responsible for the bill. She showed up without any money but insisted on seeing me. To keep my promise and to keep her from making a scene she was placed in a room and was told from the start I was not going to make a patient doctor relationship if she could not follow the instructions. She had a cast on and would not pay for either the X-ray to evaluate her concern nor the exam to cover the removal and placement of a new cast which would be required to examine her. She left making a seen anyhow in my front office.

Best there is ! show details Best there is !
by Robert H. on Jan 20th, 2014

I have had three different sugeries by Dr. Hall all have had fantastic results. He is cautious in his evaluation and then aggressive if it does mean surgery is needed. He has a great since of humor, his staff is simply the best there is.

Dr. Hall is Outstanding and Highly Recommend! show details Dr. Hall is Outstanding and Highly Recommend!
by Tim Wollesen on Jan 13th, 2014

Dr. Hall has operated on both of my hands in the last 10 years. Both times I had an excellent experience from appointments, diagnosis. pre-op, operations, post op follow ups. I would recommend him to anyone!

by Mark liewer on Jan 6th, 2014

Doctor hall explained things well. Took time to answer questions in terms that I could understand. Did a wonderful job on my wrist,and had a good sense of humor. Thank you doctor Hall!

Subacromial smoothing and acromioplasty experience show details Subacromial smoothing and acromioplasty experience
by Joan H, on Jan 2nd, 2014

Surgical aftermath bearable; healing progressing well. Use of shoulder/arm better than expected.

Conservative, Confident Care show details Conservative, Confident Care
by Monte B. on Dec 16th, 2013

I've had the benefit of Dr. Michael M. Hall's diagnostic and surgery skills on two separate occasions. First, to assess and ultimately operate on my right thumb to remove an arthritic joint, then on a second occasion to repair an injured elbow. In each instance, Dr.Hall was cautious in deciding to pursue surgery, preferring less invasive treatment. However, when surgery was finally indicated, he performed admirably with results that have been exceptional. No diminished function in either the use of my thumb or in the use of my elbow following unrelated surgery repairing my elbow. Great results in a results-driven business!

Great Results show details Great Results
by Sharon B on Nov 20th, 2013

I have had two rotator cuff surgeries with great results and a knee surgery back when Dr. Hall wasn't specializing in hands. He is very knowledgeable and gets right down to business. The Urgent Care physician I saw recommended another medical group to see, but because of the great results I previously had with Dr. Hall, I called his office. This staff is very kind and pleasant and Jennifer worked me right in on the day I called. He will always be my doctor and I would recommend his skills to anyone who needs them. A extremely satisfied patient!

Nov 9th, 2013

This is one fine physician. He listened. He was thoughtful in assessment. He was not afraid to think out loud. He was not “quick to the knife” with regard to approaching three fractures in my dominant hand. I appreciated his clarity when discussing surgical versus non-surgical treatment and outcomes. I appreciated the respect with which he approached patients, leaving the decision-making to them. At the risk of being repetitive, I found him to be an excellent physician, and a great human being, even if he has a little difficulty coordinating bowtie colors with his wardrobe! I recommend him to you.

Nov 6th, 2013

You know he just doesn't take care if arms. I broke my big toe and he helped me get back to playing soccer In no time. I really appreciate him and recommend him highly

Professional show details Professional
by Curtis P on Nov 5th, 2013

Having a torn bicep at the elbow, Dr. Hall's office was able to get me an appt. the day I called. Dr. explained my options for treatment and surgery was the best option for me. Surgery was performed in within 5 days of the first visit. Things were explained thoroughly and accurately. Things went according to "the plan". I did extra rehab without over doing it. I think that had some bearing on my recovery going well. I would recommend Dr. Hall for to anyone who needs upper extremity healing/repair.

Excellence show details Excellence
by Michael L. Oglesby on Oct 9th, 2013

I had fractures in the glenoid process and damage to the shoulder capsule. Dr. Hall spent considerable time explaining exactly what the damage was and what my options were. He discussed my lifestyle and what the prognosis was for healing and resuming my lifestyle with the options I had. Since surgery with placing two screws in my shoulder was the best option he explained the four hour procedure in detail and what the postoperative rehabilitation would require. There were absolutely no surprises in my healing and the recovery process went exactly as he had said. I found Dr. Hall to be personable, professional and above all skilled in his craft. Additionally every medical and rehabilitative professional I encountered after the surgery knew Dr. Halls work and complimented his abilities. Dr. Hall has two antique Volkswagen Karmann Ghias, sometimes wears strips with plaids, visited me in the hospital while on his afternoon run, and is as much an all-around “character” as he is a great surgeon. If I ever had to have shoulder surgery again I would want Dr. Hall to do it.

Shoulder surgery show details Shoulder surgery
by Steve C. on Aug 8th, 2013

It was a difficult pill to swallow to hear that I might need surgery for the injury to my right shoulder. I was told to see Dr. Hall as he was the best. At my first appointment Dr Hall put me at ease with his honest approach. He took great care to be sure that we went at a prudent pace instead of just rushing off to surgery. When it became obvious that surgery was required he took extra time to explain what he would do and what the outcome was that he expected. He even answered my questions about alternatives to the specific procedure he thought would provide the best outcome. When he found out during surgery that some things he had anticipated needing to do were not required, he did not do them. I am greatly pleased with the outcome of my encounter with Dr. Hall and would recommend him to anyone in need of his services.

Trusted and Highly Competent show details Trusted and Highly Competent
by Deanna A. on Aug 7th, 2013

I've been well pleased with Dr. Hall and his staff (Jennifer, Jackie, and Todd) since he saved my hand and life years ago. Though not his specialty, he recently agreed to treat my broken ankle as he knows I do not trust doctors in general. I am very satisfied with my recent treatment. Dr. Hall's reputation carries from his own office to X-ray, imaging, hospital, etc. He demands the best work out of medical providers in contact with his patients. For me, this created a comfortable secure experience. Dr. Hall does not play games and truly cares about his patients.

Jul 1st, 2013

Dr. Hall did an excellent job in the surgery and treatment of my 18 year old's radial fracture of his right wrist. It was a very serious injury and it is healing well. I would highly recommend Dr. Hall.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Don Warren on Jun 26th, 2013

Seems very direct and knows what he is doing. Lets You know what is going on with your surgery and the healing parts and honest about what the pain ios from and how long it lasts. Great Honest Doctor

2013 show details 2013
Jun 25th, 2013

Great Doctor - our family really likes him.

I saw Dr Hall 3 times for both of my shoulders and my wrist. show details I saw Dr Hall 3 times for both of my shoulders and my wrist.
by James S. on Jun 21st, 2013

Dr Hall fixed both my shoulders for me 8 and 10 years ago and I have had zero problems with either of them since. He also looked at my wrist for me but it had been too long since the injury and said he would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Dr Halls specialty is fixing your shoulders wrists etc he is not a greeter at Walmart. So if you want the nicest surgeon in the world you may want to look somewhere else. But if you want one of the best SURGEONS in Kansas City C Michael Hall is a great choice.

by Sherri Boyle on Jun 21st, 2013

Dr. Hall and his staff are absolutely wonderful! They made my injury seem quick and almost painless. he was honest, and got to know me and my lifestyle. Dr. Hall actually cares about his patients, and keeps a close eye on them. I would definately recommend Dr. Hall for any upper extremity injuries!

by marvin russell on Jun 14th, 2013

This doctor is the best hands down

Orthopedist Extraordinare show details Orthopedist Extraordinare
by Susan D on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Hall is a really fine physician. He’s smart, pleasant and he knows his job. From my perspective, it is important for a physician to be able to relate to the patent and Dr. Hall does a fantastic job. Plus, what’s not to like about a curly-headed man who sometimes wears bow-ties? His staff is A . Jackie always greets you with a smile; Todd knows how to construct a cast and the rest of the staff are outstanding. If you have to see an orthopedist, Dr. Hall is the man to see!

Doctor that relly knows his stuff show details Doctor that relly knows his stuff
by Charles Hartman on Jun 3rd, 2013

I am very pleased with my visits with the doctor. He was able to solve my problem in avery professional way. I would recommend for someone with shoulder problems to contact him. Good job Doc

The man is all business...and that's a good thing! show details The man is all business...and that's a good thing!
by John Shuchart on May 30th, 2013

Had 3 shoulder operations...none very successful until Dr. Hall came along. He definitely knows what he's doing. Recently I had "trigger" finger. My thumb locked and was painful. I immediately thought of Hall, hoping he worked on hands as well as he worked on my shoulder. Fortunately he does! Zap! A quick 30-minute operation, 10 days in a bandage, and that's it...no more locking, snapping, pain, etc. And, to top it off, we discovered I had "borderline" carpel tunnel. Instead of rushing in and operating, Dr. Hall decided we should wait and see if it progresses. THAT'S the kind of surgeon I want to have. If you're in need of a surgeon, I think I have one far you! :-)

Give him a hand...and he will fix it. show details Give him a hand...and he will fix it.
by Pepper C Tucker on May 9th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Hall for both several hand problems. I appreciate his directness and clarity on the problem and answer. I saw him for a trigger finger problem, carpal tunnel and finally a trigger finger release. Each time I received help in a timely manner, with excellent treatment and quick recovery.

WOW! show details WOW!
by Cynthia Marshall on May 1st, 2013

Dr. Hall was referred to me by my doctor and I could not be happier. He has helped me with my pain for 2 trigger thumbs, so far no surgery! Another doctor I went to see while DR. Hall was recuperating only wanted to do surgery and would not even consider discussing pain relief! I recently broke my wrist and he and his staff were very compassionate during the process. He is patient while you express your symptoms and answers all your questions. I have complete faith in his opinions and abilities.

Terrific doctor show details Terrific doctor
by Jo Ann Mendenhall on Apr 24th, 2013

I was very impressed by the thoroughness of my visits with Dr. Hall and felt confidence in the handling from the check in process, the receptionist, nurses, x-ray techs and then the time spent by the doctor. Very satisfied and am glad to have used this group for my recovery after breaking a bone in my hand.

Sep 17th, 2012

I have confidence in Dr. Hall's ability to diagnose and treat my problem. He is very professional but has a friendly way of communicating on a level that patients can understand. My husband and I were impressed by his attitude that every surgery is different and that you can't assume they are the same just because it is the same type of surgery. Each patient is special.

Aug 1st, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Hall to anyone needing orthopaedic care and support. Each appointment was a positive experience from the friendly office personnel to Dr. Hall's expertise in diagnosing and creating a recovery plan regarding my shoulder separation and the neck issues that had accompanied my injury. I am very pleased with my results for I am pain free and have regained complete range of motion without surgery. In addition to receiving high quality care, Dr. Hall was quite personable during each visit. The follow up care was excellent as well.

Aug 1st, 2012

Think he is an excellent surgeon. I am very pleased with the results of my recent rotator cuff surgery.

Disappointing beyond words show details Disappointing beyond words
Jul 20th, 2012

I was shocked to find that Dr. Hall does not return calls to patients. Not just me, but all patients MUST make an appointment with Dr Hall, even after diagnostics are completed. Dr. Hall had NO consideration for patients pain level and expected me to wait 3 weeks for a follow before addressing treatment. His assistant Jackie only returned one call and I had to insist she must have the wrong record when she told me he would want to wait 6 weeks to see me again.

Doctor's Response

I appreciate feedback that's true. I nor jackie know who this patient is. We do know that I call everyone back and if a patient wants to talk to me I do so without hesitation. I do not make my patients wait in pain. My doors are open. If this paitent truly had a problem and for some reason could not reach me, all she or he needed to do was come to the office and make an appointment for that day- Im here 4 days out of the week and my staff is here everyday. Its simple and alot easier and nicer than writing a false comment .

Jul 11th, 2012

Dr. Hall was courteous and clear in discussing my fractured wrist and in explaining my options for treatment. He was "up-front" about pros & cons of the various options and thorough in answering my questions. I was 100% satisfied with the treatment I received from him and his staff.

Worker's Comp (Broken Wrist) show details Worker's Comp (Broken Wrist)
Jun 16th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Hall for a broken wrist through worker's comp for the last 2 months. He & his staff are very friendly, courteous & caring. He did surgery & put my wrist back together which was in several pieces. He prescribed therapy and made sure everything was done to insure healing of my wrist so I could return to my regular duties at work. He is very knowledgeable in his work & I would highly recommend him to anyone.

ups automotive mechanic show details ups automotive mechanic
Jun 11th, 2012

ive had cronic pain in my left elbow and hand for at least five years. now after dr halls surgery im finally getting relief he actually moved my ulnar nerve to a better location. wow amazing! im very pleased with my recovery and i would recommend dr hall to anyone thats having arm problems.i think dr hall is a surgeon with awesome skills and i would like to thank him and his wonderful staff for for everything.

Dr Hall and staff ROCK IT! show details Dr Hall and staff ROCK IT!
Apr 27th, 2012

Dr Hall and his staff at Emcompass Medical group are excellent! They are very fast and friendly and CARE! I went to 2 prior specialists prior to seeing Dr Hall, and no one was able to help or even attempt the surgery. Dr Hall was able to help and actually fixed me, allowing me to continue to work as a chef and to finally live a pain free life. Thank you Dr Hall and your excellent staff!

Apr 23rd, 2012

Dr Hall was extremely competent. In my two surgeries with Dr Hall both were completed with results above my expectations. I felt very comfortable having Dr Hall perform both operations on my hand. I would recommend Dr Hall without any reservations.

Apr 18th, 2012

Dr. Hall was extremely upfront and to the point and that is very refreshing. Would recommend immensely for surgery on hands. Great Job, Dr. Hall!!! Continued success!

Personality, professionalism, confidence show details Personality, professionalism, confidence
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Hall gets right to the point, is clear and no-nonsense, but with a real soft heart for his patients. Most of all, he knows what he's doing and gives his patients the benefit of his expertise.

Apr 13th, 2012

This is the second time I have seen Dr. Hall. Like the first time he was kind , considerate, and professional. Again he was able to fix my problem without surgery. All I care about and what everyone should care about a surgeon is will he or she make me better. Dr. Hall will do everything possible to accom

Feb 27th, 2012

Dr. Hall has been amazing! I cut my left hand on glass over a month ago, and from day one Dr. Hall has been outstanding. He did such a wonderful job with my surgery, and he continues to assist me in understanding each step of the PT and recover process. He has been encouraging and reassures me that all is well. I would refer Dr. Hall 100 times over! I rarely wait more than 2 minutes after checking in when I have my appointments. I couldnt be happier with my choice of doctors. I am a month after surgery and my hand looks great! It is already getting harder and harder to see the scarring! I cant thank him enough!

Complete confidence show details Complete confidence
Feb 20th, 2012

I've seen Dr. Hall three times (right/left shoulder and badly infected thumb). He's always been wonderful about explaining what was happening, what the treatment will be, and what to expect. He probably saved my thumb by operating on it when it was horribly infected. I'd highly recommend him.

A talented surgeon and justifiably confident show details A talented surgeon and justifiably confident
Jan 5th, 2012

I was experiencing considerable pain in my wrist a year after a scaphoid fracture. Other doctors took x-rays and an MRI and could not identify a cause. Dr. Hall was able to identify the cause of and solution to my issue on the first visit to his office. Surgery went well and the pain is entirely gone (6 months since the procedure).I notice that a couple of reviews criticize his bedside manner. I have to say that Dr. Hall's approach is blunt but certainly not condescending or dismissive. He listened to my concerns about surgery/recovery and addressed each one. I'm far more interested in seeing a surgeon who gets down to business rather than wasting time with unnecessary banter.

Aug 10th, 2011

This was my second surgery with Dr Hall. He is excellent and I would recommend him to any one looking for a good orthopedic surgeon.

Jul 6th, 2011

I highly recommend, Dr. Hall. Knowledgeable,thorough,attention to detail. Also neat stitchery. Concern for patient.

D. Salinas show details D. Salinas
Jun 22nd, 2011

I had arthroplasty with a tendon graft, my surgery went well, my recovery has gone wonderful. My other hand with arthritis still hurts, the hand with surgery does not! Mission accomplished. Dr Hall was attentive to my issues, I had some swelling, right after surgery. But this was addressed quickly, no other problems.

Dec 28th, 2010

KC is very fortunate to have someone of Dr Hall's caliber. I had a very bad wrist fracture a year ago requiring pins/implant. Outcome...good as new. Recently he performed trigger finger surgery and it's coming along very good too. You can look around his office and see he's very busy but I never felt he rushed w/ me. He's professional, knows his stuff and has a sense of humor. And if I have the misfortune of another accident I only hope I have the good fortune of a Dr Hall:)

by Russ Edwards on Dec 15th, 2010

Very special Dr. We were traveling and were VERY lucky to find Dr Hall. He had done surgery on my nephew and agreed to take my case.

Dec 12th, 2010

Dr. Hall and his staff at Encompass Medical Group are wonderful. Dr. Hall diagnosed the arthritis in my thumb and gave me an option to fix it that has helped tremendously. I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes in the office. When I was having trouble after receiving a splint, his nurse was very accommodating in order to make it more comfortable. I would recommend Dr. Hall to anyone needing a hand specialist.

Excellent doctor with knowledge of care needed. show details Excellent doctor with knowledge of care needed.
Dec 2nd, 2010

Dr. Hall was very knowlegable and was able to find the problem almost immediately. He tried to take care of the problem without surgery and when that didn't work, he suggested surgery as a last resort. He was good at explaining what I could and could not do after surgery.

Hand Surgeon for carpal tunnel show details Hand Surgeon for carpal tunnel
Nov 11th, 2010

I GREATLY APPRECIATED:* SUCCESSFUL SURGERY! I can sleep! No more numbness in hands, no more pain shooting up arms! Thank you, Dr. Hall!* PROFESSIONALISM: Dr. Hall exhibited competence in examining my hands & was responsive to my questions; he has a direct & forthright manner. * OFFICE STAFF: excellent receptionist, finance person, nursing staff.* CONVENIENCE: EMG & Xray in house; Surgery Center off 87th St., near highway 69.* AFTER CARE: PT if I need it.

Oct 28th, 2010

I would give him high praise for his care and concern about my general health as ell as my orthopedic car. He was professional, and thorough, wasting no time.

Oct 20th, 2010

Dr. Hall and the staff at the clinic and the hospital were able to make my bad experience of breaking my arm into a successful healing experience. I would recommend Dr. Hall and his staff to anyone who needed his expert, excellent help. Besides everything medical, Dr. Hall and his staff have a sense of humor and make everything better by having fun.

by Evan's Mom-Heather on Oct 6th, 2010

My son broke his wrist and his growth plate and was referred to an orthepedic surgeon by the emergency room physician. I didn't feel comfortable taking my son to a doctor that I knew nothing about so I contacted our family doctor and asked him for a referral. He referred us to Dr. Michael Hall. He assured me that he was the best of the best and that he would take wonderful care of my son. He could not have been more correct. Dr. Hall and his staff took wonderful care of my son and our family is very happy with the results. We started this journey thinking that surgery was a definite need and ended with several weeks in a cast. Dr. Hall monitored progress regularly throughout the process. I have 6 children and I am sure that this is just the first of many broken bones. If/when the need arrises we will definitely return to Dr. Hall

by donna dailey on Oct 6th, 2010

Very good care. Good input of information. knows his speciality well.

by Laura Osterloh on Sep 29th, 2010

Professional, to the point, other options tried before surgery, called to check up when had unexpected pain

Best in KC show details Best in KC
Sep 22nd, 2010

Dr. Hall is wonderful about discussing problems and answering your questions in a way that you can easily understand. His honesty in describing our options made it easy to make the right decisions. We would highly recommend him to all our friends and family. We are happy to been blessed with his gift.

Thanks so much show details Thanks so much
by JL on Sep 22nd, 2010

In one visit Dr. Hall diagnosed my problem and relieved pain in my hand that I had suffered with for a year. I greatly appreciate his capabilities and manner. Wish I had gone to see him much earlier.

Outstanding Doctor show details Outstanding Doctor
Sep 21st, 2010

Dr. Hall demonstrated a caring attitude, easy demeanor, and a high degree of professionalism. He ensured the work of suppporting medical providers was delivered with my wellfare being foremost. This is my second procedure performed by Dr. Hall, both with outstanding results. I highly recommend him.

right shoulder show details right shoulder
by jean johnson on Sep 10th, 2010

I liked how he wanted to get people in their appointment time, very friendly, knew exactly what was needed for my injury, did not send me back too early to work so i could actually heal.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Pat Sparks on Sep 3rd, 2010

Was impressed with Dr. Hall's quick diagnosis of the situation and his recommendation for immediate surgery. Very satisfied with the outcome. Would definitely recommend Dr. Hall and his services to others.

by Elizabeth Kneisley on Aug 17th, 2010

Dr. Hall diagnosed my should problem andprescribed therapy for 6 weeks. At theend of that time, my problem was solvedand I could resume my regular tasks. Iappreciate his skills so much and wouldrecommend him to anyone with shoulderproblems.

by Carole Claypool on Aug 13th, 2010

Very satisfying experience. Would recommend him to others.

by Nadine Branaic on Aug 12th, 2010

Dr. Hall is one of only two doctors that I trust. I enjoy seeing him each time I visit.

by ONeill on Aug 11th, 2010

Doctor Hall has been excellent. Thourgh in diagnosis,treatment and explaining them to me. Sensitive to my schedule and health needs. Available for questions and explaining procedures.

Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Hall correctly diagnosed my problem and established a rehabilitation program that met my needs without excessive treatment. Just the right amount of medical care.

Very satisfied with complex wrist surgery show details Very satisfied with complex wrist surgery
by Husband of a patient. on Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Hall "gave my wife's wrist back." The injury required wrist surgery with a bone graft from her hip. He is focused, to the point, and exceptionally detail oriented.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Jenny Dover on Aug 9th, 2010

Dr. Hall saw my son on short notice on a referral from another doctor. He was caring and confident when giving his initial opinion. He was willing to get another opinion from one of his colleagues, and confident enough to change his recommendation. He performed last minute surgery the next morning, and the following day we were on a plane headed for our planned summer vacation. His staff is amazing and it is very apparent that they enjoy working for him.

Aug 9th, 2010

DR Hall is probably one of the worst doctors i have ever been to has noooo bedside manner VERY RUDE all he cares about is getting his paycheck after my surgery my hand looks, feels, and is worse than it was before, there are several great orthopaedic surgeons in kansas city please do research before making the same mistake i did

by Erika Bost on Jul 15th, 2010

Dr. Hall and his office family were fantastic, patient and informative. In such a stressful situation, they have helped to provide comfort to make this experience survivable.

Jul 12th, 2010

Explains the process and gives full understand to the patient me

diagnosing show details diagnosing
Jul 8th, 2010

Dr. Hall, after reading report from MRI, referred me to another doctor due to something he saw on report before proceding with my treatment to make sure I received receiving the best care. Thank you.

Not personal show details Not personal
Jun 17th, 2010

He would not allow a family member to be present for my mother's appointment

Doctor's Response

I do not allow work comp family members to attend the initial exam unless under special circumstances. I have learned after so many years the exam is much less disruptive and productive. I realize some patients don't like it and I know it encourages them to post negative comments. I don't like that possibility, however, it needs to be done.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
May 3rd, 2010

It was a breeze. He was with me within 5 min after i was asigned a room. He listened and explained very carefully about my problem. I felt secured about the surgrey that was to follow!

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Joyce on Feb 9th, 2010

I arrived 15 minutes early for my follow-up appointment and was called into the office within 5 minutes. Dr Hall walked in less than 5 minutes later, checked my hand, and listened to me. Yes, I said listened to me. We chatted for a few minutes and I left very happy and healed. I was given all the time I needed to explain any issues and I walk out with a smile. It was great service from the time I spoke with the receptionist to walking out of Dr Halls office.

Jan 20th, 2010

Dr Hall is an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable and always professional. I wouldn't hesitate to refer a friend or family member to him.

Shoulder Pain show details Shoulder Pain
Jan 17th, 2010

I had a great experience with Dr. Hall. I had shoulder pain for over a year and was not able to get a good diagnosis or recommendation from other doctors. He checked my shoulder and explained the source of pain and the best way to fix it. He cared enough to explain my problem in a way that I could understand. If you have shoulder pain I would definitely recommend that you go see Dr. Hall.

Excellent surgeon, job well done show details Excellent surgeon, job well done
by John Hutchinson on Jan 15th, 2010

With a torn rotator cuff it is difficult to get a full understanding of the surgery involved and the follow up. I interviewed 2 surgeons before Dr. Hall. He spent the time to explain what would be involved and what to expect. He was especially aware and attentive to my other health problems and handled them accordingly and with my family doctor. No surprises. He is willing to talk to you, just listen.

by Johnny Kelly Jr. on Jan 13th, 2010

Great Orthopedic doctor - he is excellent at what he does and is one of the few Orthopedic Doctors who has a Fellowship with an ABOS advanced certification

WONDERFUL show details WONDERFUL
Jan 12th, 2010

EXCELLENT SURGEON !!He was wonderful in the office. Understood the problem with my hand that other surgeons couldn't fix. My surgery went perfect and he was delightful.

Dec 11th, 2009

extremely rude and seemed like he was annoyed that I was there. He was very unprofessional and while examining me he actually hurt me. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

work comp patient who I sent back to work

Find another Doctor show details Find another Doctor
Oct 1st, 2009

Is primarily concerned with money & not the patient. Does not listen & has preconceived opinions. Very rude.

Doctor's Response

I take care of alot of patients with alleged work comp injuries. Some of these patients are not pleased with the truth; the need to return to work; the inability to obtain narcotics ; and specially the lack of compensation for a bogus claim. Unfortunately these patients have the same right to voice their opinions on the Internet If this is not a work comp patient , then I truly apologize he or she was not pleased with their experience. If I were told during or after the exam of his or her disappointment with me I would have tried my best to fix the problem. I can't fix it if I don't know who they are . I take negative comments very personally I truly want patients to leave happy and improved.

Apr 21st, 2009

WORST bedside manner I've ever experienced! If you expect professionalism in a doctor, don't waste your time on this man.

by Julie on Mar 8th, 2009

He is a very good surgeon. He fixed my son's hand and it was perfect! I also worked with him and know first hand, he knows what he is doing.