A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Harkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Harkins, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Harkins graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia.
Dr. Harkins has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Underwood Memorial Hospital
- Virtua West Jersey Hospital - Berlin
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Harkins accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Harkins practice?
Dr. Michael Harkins practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Cherry Hill, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Medford, NJ and Voorhees, NJ.
See Cherry Hill Internists, Cherry Hill Cardiologists, and Cherry Hill Surgeons.