Dr. Michael Fitzpatrick MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Mission Viejo, CA

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2017
Within the last two years I have had surgery on both my shoulders, and it has made a huge difference in my quality of life and my activities. Pain is gone and shoulders are much stronger than before. Just went in recently as my wife was having shoulder issues and Dr. Fitzpatrick gave us many options to go forward with and explained each one, as he did with me two years ago.

February 1st, 2017
Good communication...

October 24th, 2015
Misdiagnosis on son's knee would have led to unnecessary surgery if I didn't trust my instinct and my own body knowledge! Sorry buddy we are not funding your desired lifestyle at the expense of my child!

October 21st, 2015
Doctor was rude, cut you off when you talked so failure to get an accurate history. Didn't let you finish a sentence. Felt like you were being rushed. Unprofessional and disrespectful. Might be good at surgery, don't know didn't get beyond an initial appt. but I can tell you this I wouldn't let a doctor who doesn't know how to talk to you cut me with a knife.

August 29th, 2013
Usually takes two weeks to get an appointment since he only works Mon and Wed.

September 17th, 2012
He didn't align my bone correctly
Had a left thumb bone fractured due to bike accident. Dr. Fitzpatrick misaligned it, went through physical therapy at Mission Hospital, nobody mentioned anything, stopped my PT after exceeding my insurance limit even though I was still in pain. Dr. Fitzpatrick also totally missed my shoulder injury until 6 months later, and couldn't treat me after he realized the extent of the injury (his staff told me he will be on vacation). Later I went to other surgeons for shoulder surgery to find out the bone was misaligned, both said "messy, messy job, can't reverse now." BTW, the other Dr. did a fantastic job with my shoulder.Mission Hospital then send my PT bill to collection agency messing up my credit because they didn't have the doctor's PT prescription. But the prescription was with the PT department (I had to turn it in to schedule treatment), but forgot to give it to Acctg, and the Acctg department refused to check with their PT department. We had to take a day off, pay the hospital to copy my record, and walk across the building to give it to the Acctg dept. Can you believe it happened twice?BTW, I had to wait at least one hour every appointment before Dr. Fitzpatrick saw me. Also sold me an equipment for $80, which I could get an identical one from CVS for $15.I'll never go back to this surgeon and this hospital again.

May 5th, 2016