A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Kaplan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Kaplan, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington.
Dr. Kaplan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Stamford Hospital
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kaplan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 19 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan