Otolaryngologist
Family Center-Otolaryngology
47 Orient Way
Rutherford, NJ 07070
201-935-5508
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Horrendous wait times and greed  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2013

Horrible experience on my 2 visits, where I went with snoring/sleep apnea problems. Waited more than an hour both times after having an appointment, consultation was also with doctor checking and then vanishing for 10 minutes etc. Big bill for putting a camera up my nose which took 2 mins, that was later billed as a "surgery", that my insurance didn't cover. Final recommendation was for nose surgery, and only as I had done my homework online on comparison between no surgery and surgery options was I able to get the benefits/side-effects of both. The whole thing left a feeling that the doctor is biased towards recommending stuff that would make more money for them in my opinion. Doctor is competent, staff is decent, just horrendous wait times and overall too much greed for me.

|  greedy doctor, waiting to suction money out of your pocket  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

I went to Dr.Katz as I had ear wax blocking my right ear. He fixed it up in 5 mins, by suctioning it out of my ear through a vaccuum like suction machine. And then this guy thinks it was a very easy problem to resolve, so let me just rip this patient some more. So he tells me that he would like to push an endoscope into my nose, just to see if everything is alright, and then puts in an endoscope for literally about 5-10 seconds, and obviously nothing was wrong, so he says everything is fine. It is only after I got my bill, that I noticed that he had charged $250 for the endoscope usage, apart from $200 for doctor visit fees. I think he did it very intentionally, knowing fully aware after looking such a close look inside my ear, that nothing else would be wrong with my nose. So, all you guys, be careful and very aware before you go in there, and even if you go in there, be very careful of what he is doing, and if whatever he is doing is really really necessary. Removal of ear wax could have been performed by any simple ENT doctor, and looking at the suction instrument, it was a piece of cake task, taking only 20 seconds. I ended up with a bill of $450 for taking 2grams of wax out of my ear finally. I am sure any other ENT specialist would have been less greedier than this doctor.

|  Best doctor ever!!!!!!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr Katz is fantastic!!!! He has treated both my children who are 4 and 6. His is great with kids and my children actually enjoy going to see him. He takes the time to explain everything so I can understand what's going on. He operated on my 6 year old for tonsils and explained everything beforehand. If you need to have your children see an ENT, he's the best!!!!!!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

Dr Katz has operated on our son twice now. I cannot speak highly enough of him. Great doctor.

|  Rude and Condescending Doctor  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

I am rating this doctor to spare anyone else the terrible experience I had. Michael Kratz was very rude and condescending to me and my child. I took my three year old to see him, and he yelled at my toddler, then yelled at me for not holding him down. He was very forceful and harsh when trying to hold him down to look in his ears and nose. He did not have any patience or kindness towards my child nor I. I consider his behavior abusive.

|  Michael J. Katz is GREAT!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 3rd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Katz is great, he takes time in explaining things, and does not rush you like most doctors. Just a wonderful doctor. Only thing is I sto...

|  One of a kind  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2009

Dr. Katz was absolutely wonderful. He saw our daughter who was having recurrent ear infections. He is great with kids. He tried treating her with medicine first but eventually she needed tubes and she has done great ever since. He explained everything so we could understand. He is one of a kind and I highly recomend him.

|  highly recommended  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 13th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

after two weeks of going to my regular doctor with a painful ear infection i was given antibiotic ear drops, and then oral antibiotics when ...

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 18th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

This Ear, Nose & Throat specialist performed a tonsillectomy on my 6 year old son and placed tubes in my 3 year old daughter`s ears. He`s a...

|  A Great ENT  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 18th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

If you are in need of an ENT Ear, Nose & Throat doctor then make an appointment with Doctor Katz. He specializes in the areas of Ear, Nos...