Dr. Michael Leahy MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

November 3rd, 2016
Awesome
Dr. Leahey was nice and helpful. He completed surgery on my back. It has never beeb better.

September 15th, 2016
Staff
Dr leahy is a kind man but I can't say the same for his staff. The staff need to know how to treat patients and they are not honest. They will lie to you and try to pass you off. If you can speak directly to dr leahy he is a wonderful man, skilled surgeon and has a good bedside manner. Unfortunately I haven't been back due to poor attitude and treatment by his staff and I was nothing but kind, courteous with them. Dr Leah is a 5/5, his staff is a 1/5.

April 4th, 2016
Love this guy! The absolute most caring, concerned and conscientious doctor in town. Without a doubt.

November 9th, 2015
Horrible
All I can say is the entire office cannot get it together. My husband and I called and left messages and email for weeks trying to get my records with no success. My husband had to take off work to drive to Houston and get them. All my records were full of false documentation. He claimed he did all kinds of stuff to me which he didn't and stuff that was completely opposite of why I was there to see him. His license should be revoked!!!

September 16th, 2015
The wait time is horrible. They over book and they know it. I have left after 2 hrs of waiting. My time is just as precious and it upsets me to waste 2 hrs of my life!

June 15th, 2015
Do not use this doctor
Would never recommend this doctor to anyone! I'm worse of now after my surgery. He doesn't explain anything well. He was very hard to be seen by. Filled out my medical file improperly.

March 30th, 2015
Terrible service
My wife had a sudden back spasm and couldnt move. We have a 2 month old baby and it we got an appointment with Dr. Leahy . Once there, it was a nightmare,,as we only got an assitant and got x rays,, which we had already brought from the ER we visited. His staff was not able to get our insurance to cover it because of some technicism in which Dr. Leahy needed to make a simple call and explain. He never did,, as he was always on surgery or busy. We waited like this for TWO weeks and he couldnt do anything,,I had to go back 3 times and begged to get this resolved and nothing. My wife was in bed and I couldnt go to work because I had to take care of the baby. It was a nightmare.. We ended up visiting another doctor in Houston and got taken excellente care in one day.

August 6th, 2014
While quite a brilliant skilled and trained professional, I just got the feeling he really didn't care all that much. It was like my opinion didn't matter, although it was my body

March 17th, 2014
Dr. Leahy
This brilliant surgeon saved my husband's life. There are no words adequate to express the gratitude we have toward him for his compassion, skill and expertise. He is a hero in this family's eyes.

March 15th, 2014
Dr. Leahy - Great. TOSM office - Nightmare.
First let me say Dr. Leahy is great, highly recommend him as a spinal surgeon, can't say enough good things about him as an individual. That being said, the office of TOSM where he works (they service many doctors besides him) is a nightmare. Hard to reach, very unresponsive and wait times are terrible. Every one of my appointments have been very very delayed, and not just 15-20 minutes which is normal but much much longer. On my last appointment and the one that is prompting me to write this review I was seen just under 2 HOURS after my appt time. When I first checked in they told me there were still 9 patients ahead of me, and the staff acts like it is no big deal! Dr. Leahy is great, but be prepared for extreme waits for office visits.

May 29th, 2013
Great Surgeon
Dr. Leahy is an outstanding Orthopedic Surgeon. He was my surgeon when I had to have back surgery almost 6 years ago, and I have done great since.

September 15th, 2010
Dr. Leahy is not good with Work Comp cases.
Dr. Leahy was referred to me for a back injury that occurred on the job. He initially seemed interested in diagnosing my back pain. He ordered an MRI which was denied by the Work Comp. insurance because he didn't follow ODG guidelines. He appealed and finally after 1 month I was able to get the MRI. He said the MRI showed a slightly bulging disc and some arthritis but should not be causing me as much pain as I am having. I asked him what we need to do to to figure out what is causing my mid back pain with little to no activities. He just said I don't know. He said, for what I do, since I see no need for surgery at this time, I don't know what else I can do for you. I told him he is my treating Dr. and that I am depending on him to diagnose my problem. I cannot live on pain pills every day and I would like to go back to work if he can get me some relief. So, he sent me to a chiropractor. I've been for 5 visits and so far, no help. The chiropractor recommended a bone scan to check for a stress fracture. He talked with Dr. Leahy and Dr. Leahy said he would order bone scan. Well, he did and now it has been denied. In short, Dr. Leahy I feel does not care that I am in pain daily. If I don't need surgery, I should just go away. He not up to speed at all with the workers comp. rules.